You find the boot.img you will need in second post!
worked out by @Flashing_Expert and me.... thanks him much!
Ok here we go... first you need to grab a Micro-SDCARD... best would be 32GB or larger ... but it depends on you!
THIS ONLY WORKS WITH COMATIBLE ROMS!!!
If your ROM is missing you may request me to do your boot.img (i cant promise i will do)
The faster your Micro-SDcard is, the better will your overall system speed!!!
ok first of all we need 2! Partitions on your SDCard. The first Partition will be your normal Micro-SD storage... the second one will be used as your /data partition (that sounds like link2sd but it isnt!!! )
Follow this Tutorial by @Flashing_Expert
THIS TUTORIAL IS FOR 2GB /DATA PARTITION BUT I RECOMMEND 6 OR EVEN MORE (i have 12GB )
Before anything backup all your data from microsd on your PC!!
You will need some microsd reader into usb
on windows you'll need minitool partition wizard for partitioning
- Now just open Minitool
- Minitool will show you all your harddrives and usb drives including microsd
so be really carefull with what harddrive you working on (you can check it by capacity)
- first you need to delete actual partition on microsd
click with right button on your microsd, select delete and then on Apply button (this step erase partition and all data!! no way back after this)
- let say you have 32Gb microsd and you want create 2Gb partition for link2sd
- click again with right button on microsd (should be now marked as unallocated)
- and select "Create" window will popup
- 32Gb microsd have unformatted 30435Mb capacity (it can vary depending on the manufacturer)
- with simple math you'll get that you can create 28387Mb (30435MB - 2048Mb = 28387Mb) Partition for your data that will be visible as usual
- in "Create as" select Primary
- File system = FAT32
- Cluster size you can leave on default or select manually 32Kb cluster size
- Unallocated space before = 0
- Partition size = 28387Mb
- Unallocated space after = 2048Mb < this will be free space for next partition
- Partition Align to = MB
- Click on OK and click on apply
- congrats your data partition should be now created
- now click with right mouse button on 2Gb unallocated space on your microsd and again select "Create"
- Create as = Primary
- Filesystem = EXT4
- Cluster size = default
- just check partition size it should be 2048Mb
- ok everthing is set up so click on OK button and then again Apply
- your work on PC is done Partitions created so you can put it into phone
- if you want to use f2fs on your 2nd partition, it's now simplier than before, once your partition is created, just flash latest TWRP recovery and here you can change filesystem to f2fs...
in Link2sd on first run just select partition filesystem (in this case EXT4, or f2fs depends on your choice) and then create mount script for this partition after reboot Link2sd should not ask again and that is good sign that everything is ok and you can move/install apps directly on your new partition
- you can use more or less space for your partition (I was used 2Gb as example)
- on windows with minitool you can't create any F2FS partition, so at least for now only way is use eg. ubuntu + gparted with installed f2fs-tools but that is for advanced users (there are more ways, you can run ubuntu via VM, or you can use Ultimate Boot Cd or directly Gparted Live usb/cd...)
- after clean flash is better to format 2Gb partition otherwise there will be old data from old ROM
1. revert your fotarecovery to stock (if you use my app simply klick on revert to stock )
2. on PC : override the boot.img in your ROM.zip with the boot.img i manipulated for YOUR SPECIFIC ROM
3. get the manipulated zip to your phone
4. flash the manipulated boot.img for your rom and boot into recovery (should be TWRP)
5. do a clean install is important when you doing this first time! format /data to f2fs if your rom is compatible.
6. flash the manipulated rom + gapps
thats all first booting time can be higher then normally depending on your SDCARD !
Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Free mobile app