XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help...boasting cpu

Tip us?

khaledali
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question help...boasting cpu

Hi, I am new here and I wanted to ask some questions.......can I increase my cpu speed and delete the underlock over it......I want to root my phone with android 4.2.2

Marius Cristian
Old
(Last edited by Marius Cristian; 29th December 2013 at 09:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaledali View Post
Hi, I am new here and I wanted to ask some questions.......can I increase my cpu speed and delete the underlock over it......I want to root my phone with android 4.2.2
Hello!
Firstly I would like you to check if it's possible to unlock the bootloader.Do that by typing this in dialer *#*#7378423#*#* and then go to service info->configuration and see what rooting status is saying.If bootloader unlock it's allowed you'll be able to overclock your CPU.If not,you won't be able.
If you passed the test we're going to the second step and that's to unlock bootloader.There's a tutorial here in general section.Look for it and follow it carefully.
After unlocking bootloader,download flashtool from here and follow this tutorial until step 4(Step 4 not included).Note that you won't find XL in the drivers list,so just check fastboot & flash mode drivers.Then download a kernel(go to original android development...i recommend you phantom v4.1),extract it and put boot.img on desktop.Turn off your phone,open flashtool and connect your phone via USB while pressing volume up.it should say that your device is connected in fastboot mode.the windows might also install some drivers.then press the little thunder icon from top left corner in flashtool,and select fastboot mode.the click "Select kernel to flash" , browse to boot.img (note that you must change file extension to .img when the browsing window pops up) . select it and it should take about 5 seconds.Then click reboot phone to system(it's near the "select kernel to flash" ) and disconnect your phone.let it boot,connect it to usb and put in sd card the kernel.zip.then turn phone off->turn it on->at phantom logo when led turns pinks press press volume down until it turns blue.the select wipe cache partition,go to advanced tab,select wipe dalvik cache,the go back,install file->select from external card->select kernel.zip and that's all.go back,reboot phone and let it boot.after this,go to playstore,install trickster mod,and you must turn on intelli-plug (in trickster mod app tap menu button(top left corner) and go to specific tab.turn it on and an "apply" button will pop up above.press it and then go to general tab.select max frequency 1566 mhz and that's all.press apply again,reboot and then check one more time if settings were (as it should) saved.
Good luck.Plese don't be lazy and ask for more links.All the best!
Sony ‎Xperia™ L - Rooted/Unlocked Bootloader/FW:1.12/Phantom Kernel v4.5/oc@1.56 Ghz/Interactive/Stock !

Old phones:
Siemes SL55 - beautiful phone,broken flex band
Sagem My400v - broken display
Motorala v360v - still working
Sony Ericsson w910i - still working
Sony Ericsson K850i - sold (awesome camera)
LG Optimus One - given to my mom (hero phone)

Facebook Community: Sony Xperia L - Development & Discussion
The Following User Says Thank You to Marius Cristian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khaledali
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy man I can hardly understand an. thing

Can you please help me step step because I new here and I can't understand any hingm

Bhupi7411
Old
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaledali View Post
Can you please help me step step because I new here and I can't understand any hingm
1st Unlock your bootloader mate Google it if you get doubt
http://developer.sonymobile.com/serv...ck-bootloader/
This is the link and you better unlock your bootloader 1st
Inform after you are done with it
I'll guide you through the next process

Hit Thanks if it helped you