Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help Eachother] STOCK / CM11 Issues&Solutions

Tip us?

lokura72
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Cristian View Post
The point of the topic:
Post your issues found in STOCK / CM11 or post a solution.Simple as that,very productive.

I'll start with a list of bugs:

CM11 ISSUES:
-Video recording lags in reduced luminosity.
-The phone heats too much when playing/watch videos for long time and so on.
-Volume during call is too low.
-Ocasionally freezes & crashes.
-Some graphical issues when the phone freezes.
-Wifi MAC Address is always 00:0a:f5:89:89:ff.
If there are 2 Xperia L using CM11 / Custom Kernel connected to the same wifi, both connections will be dropped.

STOCK ISSUES:
-Video blinks in low light(from what I've read it focuses wrong on the light source and starts blinking).
-The proximity sensor remains on after a missed call.
-Multi touch doesn't work as well as on CM11.
-Some weird freezes during call ( the screen remains off / freezes and you can't end the call / sometimes even answer )
-Camera doesn't have as much detail as in CM11 ( if you zoom in,the image doesn't clarify).
-Wifi MAC Address is always 00:0a:f5:89:89:ff.
If there are 2 Xperia L using CM11 / Custom Kernel connected to the same wifi, both connections will be dropped.

CM11 FIXES:
-Lag in video recording can be reduced by lowering the exposure.In medium to low light " - 1 " works pretty good and in very low to low light " - 2 " .However,when you use " - 2 " ,the recorded video will be very dark.Still haven't found a solution for this.
-About heating problem,you might want to try @Shivam Kuchhal 's kernel.He reported that his phone doesn't get heat up more than normal.
-About volume during call,it's been solved partially in newer releases by editing snd_soc_msm file.However,if the value is too high,the phne volume will also be too high and the speaker will produce distorsioned sound.However,I see they found a resonable value and both,the volume during call & speaker is about fine.
-For headset buttons not working,you must edit Generic.kl file.Here's a short tutorial to help you:
Go to: system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl and change as below

key 226 HEADSETHOOK
key 256 BUTTON_1
change to
key 226 BUTTON_1
key 256 HEADSETHOOK

STOCK FIXES:
-For proximity sensor and weird freezes during a call use this tutorial .Haven't tested it personally,but people reported it works even on latest .17 fw.
-For Mac issue [ works for cm11 as well ]
1)Restore original MAC Address
Open /data/etc/wlan_macaddr0
Copy it's content. Ex: 01:12:13:14:15:16
Open /etc/firmware/wlan/prima/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini
Find this line
Code:
Intf0MacAddress=000AF58989FF
Replace 000AF58989FF with the content of wlan_macaddr0, but write back to front. Ex: from 01:12:13:14:15:16, write to 161514131201. So it will look like this
Code:
Intf0MacAddress=161514131201
Save & Exit, Reboot the phone

That's all for now,continue to post bugs&fixes and most important:
HELP EACHOTHER
The problem I have is that the mac fix me, but the 3G (the mobile internet) will not work for me, any solution on this?
I've done it from the liquid rom smoot.
A greeting and thanks.

Sorry for my English

faizalotai
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon.prj View Post
Anyone know a way to remove the automatic shutdown?
My phone shuts down if it reaches 25%
You have to calibrate the battery..
Sent with SuperRom while my wife goes shopping

falcon.prj
Old
(Last edited by falcon.prj; 5th September 2014 at 02:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by faizalotai View Post
You have to calibrate the battery..
battery calibration doesn't help, but I found a new problem, the battery drops by 25-40% everytime I reboot the phone

vishalaestro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Cristian View Post
Ok,so I went back to stock.I'm amazed by the battery life,it lasted 2 days and I used the phone a lot ( especially for calls ).
However,after using the fix for freezes during call and so on,I still have experienced this morning an issue.While I was talking to someone,someone else called and the phone was beeping but the screen was frozen.I had to press the power button to lock the device then unlock it to get the screen to show who's calling and to give me the possibility to answer the call.What do you think I should do?For now I'll wipe phone app data,but I'm also waiting if someone knows a good,another solution to post.
just go to the jellybean 4.1.2 excellent ROM with better battery life compared to the newer version .there are only two cons with the 4.1.2 ROM .the walkman app playlist gets erased after a restart if the songs are stored in sd card,the camera performance is very bad with too much of digital noise and poor image processing in daylight images .so it anyone could solve these problems then the stock ROM should itself a great one.

Marius Cristian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalaestro View Post
just go to the jellybean 4.1.2 excellent ROM with better battery life compared to the newer version .there are only two cons with the 4.1.2 ROM .the walkman app playlist gets erased after a restart if the songs are stored in sd card,the camera performance is very bad with too much of digital noise and poor image processing in daylight images .so it anyone could solve these problems then the stock ROM should itself a great one.
I just can't stand the camera on 4.1.2.You simply can't take a good picture in low light situations.
What if we take the camera.apk and everything else which is related to camera from 4.2.2 and replace them on 4.1.2,won't this fix the camera?It's just a noob guess,I don't know much about development and so on.So,anyone on 4.1.2 willing to test?Or anyone tested and can report what's happening ? Thanks and keep helping eachother guys.Great job until now !

@falcon.prj as an ultimate solution,try to flash stock again and then wipe data again.If this doesn't work it might be a hardware error
Sony ‎Xperia™ L - Rooted | Unlocked Bootloader | Android version ~ KitKat | CyanogenMod 11 | CFQ | Interactive .

Old phones:
Siemes SL55 - beautiful phone,broken flex band
Sagem My400v - broken display
Motorala v360v - still working
Sony Ericsson w910i - still working
Sony Ericsson K850i - sold (awesome camera)
LG Optimus One - given to my mom (hero phone)

Facebook Community: Sony Xperia L - Development & Discussion

faizalotai
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Isn't that in 4.1 got memory managemant issue? and the video laggy??
@falcon.prj ,you can try delete baterystat.bin in data/system than reboot

For those who get weak wifi signals..you can try change these value gEnableBmps=1 to 0 in /etc/firmware/wlan/prima/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini
like this gEnableBmps=0 then reboot
Sent with SuperRom while my wife goes shopping

vishalaestro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by faizalotai View Post
Isn't that in 4.1 got memory managemant issue? and the video laggy??
@falcon.prj ,you can try delete baterystat.bin in data/system than reboot

For those who get weak wifi signals..you can try change these value gEnableBmps=1 to 0 in /etc/firmware/wlan/prima/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini
like this gEnableBmps=0 then reboot
i didn't notice any memory management issues with the jelly bean 4.1.2 ,but with the 4.2.2 update even with the latest firmware there were tons of problems .poor memory management ,sound coming from the ear piece ,camera app not working at all also i had some focusing issues with the camera .the phone app bug was cleared by replacing the phone.apk file from the previous update but still i had many problems especially the battery drain ,i can't even use my phone for 1/2 day with normal usage but after i jumped to the 4.1.2 i was getting a better battery life.

prongsky
Old
Thanks Meter 3
How are the cameras on the cm11 for XL?

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA app

Tags
stock cm11 issues bugs solutions