Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

Mod Your Background On Default Theme in XL (HOW TO)

17th February 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 154

477 posts
Firstly these method required compiling/decompiling an apk file that is themes file

What you need to do is add these line in res/values/public

Code:
<public type="drawable" name="semc_theme_lockscreen_wallpaper" id="0x7f020000" />
<public type="drawable" name="semc_bg_tile" id="0x7f020003" />
<public type="drawable" name="semc_bg_bright_tile" id="0x7f020004" />
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
    <public type="drawable" name="semc_theme_lockscreen_wallpaper" id="0x7f020000" />
    <public type="drawable" name="semc_theme_preview" id="0x7f020001" />
    <public type="drawable" name="semc_theme_wallpaper" id="0x7f020002" />
    <public type="drawable" name="semc_bg_tile" id="0x7f020003" />
    <public type="drawable" name="semc_bg_bright_tile" id="0x7f020004" />
    <public type="color" name="semc_theme_accent_color" id="0x7f030000" />
    <public type="color" name="semc_theme_illumination_color" id="0x7f030001" />
    <public type="string" name="semc_theme_title" id="0x7f040000" />
</resources>
as you can see, semc_bg_tile will integrated with all dark background and as for semc_bg_bright_tile is for the opposite background and semc_theme_lockscreen_wallpaper will add built-in lockscreen image

Now you need to add an image in drawable folder with what we already add to public.xml before

I prefer add 30% - 45% transparent white or black to the pictures so the text can be seen more clearly....

Now compile it back and push it to system/app...

This will override your default themes...

If you wanna add themes along with default..you can change the theme title name in strings.xml..can changed the theme accent color to whatever you wanted in color.xml...refer this for colors changing code.
And rename the apk to whatever you want after recompiling

ps:/image shown was yellow theme frome Honami Pure

credit to ska67 for his based
Last edited by faizalotai; 18th February 2014 at 02:58 AM. Reason: bigger font
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faizalotai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 112

287 posts
More
Question
Hi

Your method seems nice and easy to use but the thing is I cannot re-compile the project after making the modifications using APK manager, if I use other similar command based tools I get similar issues (errors), can you recommend a tool that works for this or tell me what I am doing wrong?
17th February 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

477 posts
Can you check the log for me or you can just send the work file to me...I'll take a look just in case i'm missing something..
Thanks
17th February 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #4  

287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faizalotai

Can you check the log for me or you can just send the work file to me...I'll take a look just in case i'm missing something..
Thanks

Hi

I have attached pictures of the error/log. If I decide to bypass them and carry on then it will recompile the original apk-so without the new background image and edited public file.

All I am trying to do is add the semc_bg image from Xperia Sola (same res) and modify the public file (as you mentioned), I am trying to do this for all 8 stock themes, e.g. blue theme has blue background, purple has purple background, black has white background (because black theme provides white wallpaper) etc...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error_1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	2584969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Error_2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	2584970  
Last edited by ShinOrochiX; 17th February 2014 at 05:39 PM. Reason: More detail added...
17th February 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #5  

287 posts
More
Cool
Hi

Fixed the issue, turns out that out of the three strings OP said need to be added:

- First one was already present.
- You only add the second/third one depending on your image you will use, e.g. if you choose to name the image "semc_bg_tile" then you only need the string mentioning "semc_bg_tile" and same applies for the other ("semc_bg_bright_tile") string. Credit: MahaDEVELOPER.

Other than that the guide is great, Me and MahaDEVELOPER have already edited and made a thread regarding the themes, here.
18th February 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

477 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinOrochiX

Hi

Fixed the issue, turns out that out of the three strings OP said need to be added:

- First one was already present.
- You only add the second/third one depending on your image you will use, e.g. if you choose to name the image "semc_bg_tile" then you only need the string mentioning "semc_bg_tile" and same applies for the other ("semc_bg_bright_tile") string. Credit: MahaDEVELOPER.

Other than that the guide is great, Me and MahaDEVELOPER have already edited and made a thread regarding the themes, here.

Yes,what we add in the public.xml must be same with image name
19th February 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 199

104 posts
More
very helpful ! good job!

The Following User Says Thank You to DexterousKrupesh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread