Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 55,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

uberlaggydarwin's fix for AOSP

Tip us?

ishan_rulz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default uberlaggydarwin's fix for AOSP

https://github.com/uberlaggydarwin/LAOSPbugfixing

So, Brinly Taylor has fixes for some of the bugs we face in AOSP. Have a look, devs.
Sony Xperia L C2104 with Stock ROM
Stock Kernel w/ CWM
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ishan_rulz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DsvCdsSoftware
Old
(Last edited by DsvCdsSoftware; 26th February 2014 at 11:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan_rulz View Post
https://github.com/uberlaggydarwin/LAOSPbugfixing

So, Brinly Taylor has fixes for some of the bugs we face in AOSP. Have a look, devs.
For some bugs not, for all remaining bugs, cause @The Dark Knight solved the problem of DeepSleep in his kernel v5.

May be a light at the end of the tunnel and a 4.4 ROM running on XL are coming
The Following User Says Thank You to DsvCdsSoftware For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PaRaHaND
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsvCdsSoftware View Post
For some bugs not, for all remaining bugs, cause @The Dark Knight solved the problem of DeepSleep in his kernel v5.

May be a light at the end of the tunnel and a 4.4 ROM running on XL are coming
Actually the deep sleep bug fix came from @KillerKink and added to @TheDarknight's Phantom kernel v5.

@uberlaggydarwin also has a solution of his own to this bug, according to him. and also he may be the first to come up with the fix (I don't know who actually did it first. I guess It doesn't really matter)

Anyways good things coming our way in a few days, I hope.

amnher
Old
Thanks Meter 216
He already fixed all of those things for a long time already

Sent from my C2105 using xda app-developers app
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Black
16GB SanDisk Mobile Ultra 16GB Class 10 UHS Speed Class 1++

KillerKink
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaRaHaND View Post
Actually the deep sleep bug fix came from @KillerKink and added to @TheDarknight's Phantom kernel v5.

@uberlaggydarwin also has a solution of his own to this bug, according to him. and also he may be the first to come up with the fix (I don't know who actually did it first. I guess It doesn't really matter)

Anyways good things coming our way in a few days, I hope.
Users do not care where the fix originate from and XDA seem to be full of people who just compile and add other people work. This is probably the reason why uberlaggydarwin did not release his fix piecemeal. I myself have a fix for the sdcard but I am just going to lay low for the time being having seen for myself whats going on in XDA.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KillerKink For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shivam Kuchhal
Old
(Last edited by Shivam Kuchhal; 27th February 2014 at 04:13 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKink View Post
Users do not care where the fix originate from and XDA seem to be full of people who just compile and add other people work. This is probably the reason why uberlaggydarwin did not release his fix piecemeal. I myself have a fix for the sdcard but I am just going to lay low for the time being having seen for myself whats going on in XDA.
I understand your concern mate but if you see I've mentioned your name everywhere with deep sleep fix, so it seems like you can ignore misunderstanding caused by one member of forum and continue to provide your fixes as you might have seen that many people are waiting for stable Kitkat. I hope you'll understand what I said.
Haters gonna hate
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free : Linus Torvalds

Works:
Phantom Kernel for Moto G
Phantom Kernel for Xperia L
Phantom Kernel for Moto E
Mokee OS or Xperia L

Daily use devices:
Moto G
Asus Nexus 7

Devices owned by family members:
Moto E
Xiaomi Mi3
Xiaomi Redmi 1S
Nokia Lumia 525

Facebook Community of Motorola Moto E: Motorola Moto E : Development and Discussion
The Following User Says Thank You to Shivam Kuchhal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aniketroxx
Old
(Last edited by aniketroxx; 27th February 2014 at 04:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKink View Post
You are getting misunderstood , there is nothing like it ! #respect for you ! Its just peolple got misunderstood as you havent released the kernel yourself ,They dont even bother to read the whole thread thats why !
The Following User Says Thank You to aniketroxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uberlaggydarwin
Old
Thanks Meter 1,865

DONATE TO ME
Haha.

I suppose I should publish the rest of the source and start a timer until it gets "fixed slightly differently" by others.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sorry. I don't have time to support people via PM. Post a thread and if I see it and can help then I'll reply/Log's or it didn't happen..
----------------------------------------
My views and opinions expressed above are solely my own & don't reflect the opinions of anyone else or any group or organisation whatsoever.
An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to uberlaggydarwin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b00tbu9
Old
(Last edited by b00tbu9; 28th February 2014 at 06:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 574
I hope the need for credit don't ruin our device's future.

And to those big mouthed morons who send hate messages to Dev's you are doing nothing good. So keep your mouth shut.

FYI... http://cm.brintaylor.info/taoshan/cm11/NEWS/

Regards,

b00tbu9..
Happy to help

LWW|Legacy Xperia CM-

Current Device Xperia L| CM11 FXP
Dell Venu 7

Legacy
http://goo.gl/nj4f3

Joery360
Old
Thanks Meter 472

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberlaggydarwin View Post
Haha.

I suppose I should publish the rest of the source and start a timer until it gets "fixed slightly differently" by others.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Well, at this moment, the only person who have used your BT fix is @DeviousFusion in his AOSPA rom
And he gave you proper credits.

Also, is this suppose to be a subtle hint?

Quite some activity on your TaoShan relates projects on GitHub.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joery360 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe