Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

uberlaggydarwin's fix for AOSP

OP ishan_rulz

26th February 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #1  
ishan_rulz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 32
 
115 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
https://github.com/uberlaggydarwin/LAOSPbugfixing

So, Brinly Taylor has fixes for some of the bugs we face in AOSP. Have a look, devs.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ishan_rulz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #2  
DsvCdsSoftware's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cornélio Procópio
Thanks Meter: 40
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan_rulz

https://github.com/uberlaggydarwin/LAOSPbugfixing

So, Brinly Taylor has fixes for some of the bugs we face in AOSP. Have a look, devs.

For some bugs not, for all remaining bugs, cause @The Dark Knight solved the problem of DeepSleep in his kernel v5.

May be a light at the end of the tunnel and a 4.4 ROM running on XL are coming
Last edited by DsvCdsSoftware; 26th February 2014 at 12:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DsvCdsSoftware For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #3  
PaRaHaND's Avatar
Junior Member
Cybercity
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsvCdsSoftware

For some bugs not, for all remaining bugs, cause @The Dark Knight solved the problem of DeepSleep in his kernel v5.

May be a light at the end of the tunnel and a 4.4 ROM running on XL are coming

Actually the deep sleep bug fix came from @KillerKink and added to @TheDarknight's Phantom kernel v5.

@uberlaggydarwin also has a solution of his own to this bug, according to him. and also he may be the first to come up with the fix (I don't know who actually did it first. I guess It doesn't really matter)

Anyways good things coming our way in a few days, I hope.
26th February 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #4  
amnher's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Taguig
Thanks Meter: 218
 
1,423 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
He already fixed all of those things for a long time already

Sent from my C2105 using xda app-developers app
27th February 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #5  
KillerKink's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
121 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaRaHaND

Actually the deep sleep bug fix came from @KillerKink and added to @TheDarknight's Phantom kernel v5.

@uberlaggydarwin also has a solution of his own to this bug, according to him. and also he may be the first to come up with the fix (I don't know who actually did it first. I guess It doesn't really matter)

Anyways good things coming our way in a few days, I hope.

Users do not care where the fix originate from and XDA seem to be full of people who just compile and add other people work. This is probably the reason why uberlaggydarwin did not release his fix piecemeal. I myself have a fix for the sdcard but I am just going to lay low for the time being having seen for myself whats going on in XDA.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KillerKink For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #6  
Shivam Kuchhal's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh
Thanks Meter: 1,441
 
825 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKink

Users do not care where the fix originate from and XDA seem to be full of people who just compile and add other people work. This is probably the reason why uberlaggydarwin did not release his fix piecemeal. I myself have a fix for the sdcard but I am just going to lay low for the time being having seen for myself whats going on in XDA.

I understand your concern mate but if you see I've mentioned your name everywhere with deep sleep fix, so it seems like you can ignore misunderstanding caused by one member of forum and continue to provide your fixes as you might have seen that many people are waiting for stable Kitkat. I hope you'll understand what I said.
Last edited by Shivam Kuchhal; 27th February 2014 at 05:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shivam Kuchhal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #7  
aniketroxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 335
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKink

Users do not care where the fix originate from and XDA seem to be full of people who just compile and add other people work. This is probably the reason why uberlaggydarwin did not release his fix piecemeal. I myself have a fix for the sdcard but I am just going to lay low for the time being having seen for myself whats going on in XDA.

You are getting misunderstood , there is nothing like it ! #respect for you ! Its just peolple got misunderstood as you havent released the kernel yourself ,They dont even bother to read the whole thread thats why !
Last edited by aniketroxx; 27th February 2014 at 05:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to aniketroxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 1,965
 
176 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Donate to Me
More
Haha.

I suppose I should publish the rest of the source and start a timer until it gets "fixed slightly differently" by others.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to uberlaggydarwin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #9  
b00tbu9's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 577
 
579 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Angry
I hope the need for credit don't ruin our device's future.

And to those big mouthed morons who send hate messages to Dev's you are doing nothing good. So keep your mouth shut.

FYI... http://cm.brintaylor.info/taoshan/cm11/NEWS/

Regards,

b00tbu9..
Last edited by b00tbu9; 28th February 2014 at 07:17 PM.
28th February 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #10  
Joery360's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 549
 
692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberlaggydarwin

Haha.

I suppose I should publish the rest of the source and start a timer until it gets "fixed slightly differently" by others.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well, at this moment, the only person who have used your BT fix is @DeviousFusion in his AOSPA rom
And he gave you proper credits.

Also, is this suppose to be a subtle hint?

Quite some activity on your TaoShan relates projects on GitHub.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joery360 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes