[TRICK] Get rid of huge thumbnail folder without root
Hello XDA! I am new to these forums. This is what I found when I was trying to get rid of the thumbnails in my internal storage. I got some ideas on the forums but they were all using root access but I did not want to root my Xperia L. So I just tried and the result which I got was awesome. Now there is no thumbnail data on my internal storage.
1. You need to have ES File Explorer for this purpose.
2. Tap the icon with a phone on the globe on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Then go to settings.
4. Then under file settings go to 'Display Settings'.
5. Check the first option, i.e., 'Show Hidden Files'.
6. Now return back to the file manager screen.
7. Then go to /mnt/sdcard/DCIM and delete the .thumbnails folder.
8. After deleting the folder, tap the '+' icon on the bottom left corner of the screen.
9. Then choose 'File' option.
10. Then enter the name of the file as ' .thumbnails '.
11. Reboot your device and now you are free from getting useless thumbnail files on your internal storage permanently.
If I helped, please press the 'Thanks' button.