XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocking bootloader

Tip us?

Redzo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default Unlocking bootloader

In preparation for CM/AOSP that is due soon I wonder if unlocking bootloader on XL erases the phone ?

Joery360
Old
Thanks Meter 179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzo View Post
In preparation for CM/AOSP that is due soon I wonder if unlocking bootloader on XL erases the phone ?
No, but there is a change that you'll get a bootloop thus you need to reflash an ftf file.
Press if I helped you

Current Devices

Sony Xperia L Self Compiled
CyanogenMod 11 | CWM 6.0.4.7

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Official Nightlies
CyanogenMod 11 | TWRP 2.7.0.3 | Dhollmen Kernel

My Works | 15.3.A.0.26 & 15.3.A.1.14 | Halo Guide | Odin3 Guide P31xx & P51xx | Sony Media Apps
Other Devices | Chromecast | LG Optimus L7 | Samsung Galaxy Gio
The Following User Says Thank You to Joery360 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jokerpappu
Old
Thanks Meter 35
i did not had any prob like bootloap or erase.bt wen my frnd unlocked his xperia sp's booloader his internal storage got wiped and also a factory reset.dont know why that happened
The Following User Says Thank You to jokerpappu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Redzo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Thank you both for your reply, that is the reason I asked in first place. Have heard both versions before, some have had no issues whatsoever some had to re-flash their FTF while some had their internal storage wiped and phone reset.
I will post my results in this thread when I'm done with unlocking. Mind you that may take a while since I really have phone setup perfectly with no bugs and good battery time. Rooted and still on 15.0.A.2.17 but as I said everything works like a charm and I am one of those people that subscribe to "if it's not broken then don't fix it" theory. Thanks again.

moorthidaniel
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default TA Files backup

I have unlocked my xperia L bootloader without taking the backup of TA files. Can I use TA files from other's ?
Xperia L C2104 - Unlocked BL - Current Rom - Stock Rom 4.2.2 - Phantom Kernal 4.1
Galaxy Fit - Current Rom - Cyanogenmod 10.2[WIP][RC-2]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit thanks if you think I have helped you in any way!

przemek4113
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorthidaniel View Post
I have unlocked my xperia L bootloader without taking the backup of TA files. Can I use TA files from other's ?
No, you can't, i have readed somewhere that all phones have specific TA.Sorry mate.
Phone history:nokia 3310,nokia 6020,se k510i,samsung D900i,nokia 3110c,xperia x8,xperia mini pro sk17i,xperia l

Moesappel
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorthidaniel View Post
You will brick your device if you use the TA backup of another device

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Proud owner of a Sony Xperia Z

Previous phones:

Samsung galaxy mini 2 (S6500D) -> Sony Xperia L (C2105) -> Sony Xperia Z (C6603)

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Device: XZ C6603
Android version: 4.3
Rooted: Not yet!
Rom: Stock
Kernel: Stock
- - - - - - - - - - - -