Xperia L Glass/Protection

OP ShinOrochiX

5th January 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 120

334 posts
More
I was on an Xperia L fan page on FB & noticed a post mentioning that the Xperia L had a special type of glass. I did some research & checked the white paper & discovered that the L has "Schott 2nd source" glass which turns out to be darn good stuff. Schott is a German company which provides various products/services including toughened glass overlay. It is often competing with Corning to provide better product e.g. the toughened glass. Things like this just make me love my Xperia L even more .

Just thought it would be informative to share this because from my xperience (get it? ) Sony (Ericsson) often only mention scratch-resistant glass in many Xperia white papers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShinOrochiX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

75 posts
More
Yea sony always provide good hardware for reasonable prices regarding other manufactorers but u got to admit that sony is kinda unfair when it comes to software..like firmwares updates..

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th January 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 192

642 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_77

Yea sony always provide good hardware for reasonable prices regarding other manufactorers but u got to admit that sony is kinda unfair when it comes to software..like firmwares updates..

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If Sony's unfair...how's samsung?lg?

And about glass quality...yes,it might be resistant,but it's not as responsive and sensitive as other phones like galaxy express for example.
And you can't say that you can use XL w/o a screen protector in order to get better response from touch because of tough screen,because little scratches will always appear...
5th January 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag Białystok
Thanks Meter: 104

368 posts
More
i dont have 2-3 weeks any screen protector, 0 scratches i had it less than weekend cuz it simply started to look ugly. i have second one but simply i dont know how to put it in, and mt yeah works better withought it it may be me that im "different"
Last edited by uremytoy; 5th January 2014 at 01:32 PM.
14th January 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #5  
Flag kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 37

192 posts
the glass in xperia l is amazing.i did some test by trying to scratch it with srewdriver,scissor,blade,stones,etc bt no scratch bt the problem is that it will b very hard to use xl in sunlight as it reflects a lot of light.cant c a thing when playing games in sunlight without screen protector
The Following User Says Thank You to jokerpappu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
glass, protection, schott, screen
Previous Thread Next Thread