Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,968 Members 43,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia L Glass/Protection

Tip us?

ShinOrochiX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Phone Xperia L Glass/Protection

I was on an Xperia L fan page on FB & noticed a post mentioning that the Xperia L had a special type of glass. I did some research & checked the white paper & discovered that the L has "Schott 2nd source" glass which turns out to be darn good stuff. Schott is a German company which provides various products/services including toughened glass overlay. It is often competing with Corning to provide better product e.g. the toughened glass. Things like this just make me love my Xperia L even more .

Just thought it would be informative to share this because from my xperience (get it? ) Sony (Ericsson) often only mention scratch-resistant glass in many Xperia white papers.
Previous Devices: Xperia X10 mini pro, Xperia X8, Xperia Live with Walkman & Xperia L.
Current: Xperia SP

Model: C5303
Android: 4.3 (stock)
Build version: 12.1.A.1.205
Kernel version: 3.4.0 (stock)
Baseband version: -20
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShinOrochiX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

man_77
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Yea sony always provide good hardware for reasonable prices regarding other manufactorers but u got to admit that sony is kinda unfair when it comes to software..like firmwares updates..

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Marius Cristian
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_77 View Post
Yea sony always provide good hardware for reasonable prices regarding other manufactorers but u got to admit that sony is kinda unfair when it comes to software..like firmwares updates..

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If Sony's unfair...how's samsung?lg?

And about glass quality...yes,it might be resistant,but it's not as responsive and sensitive as other phones like galaxy express for example.
And you can't say that you can use XL w/o a screen protector in order to get better response from touch because of tough screen,because little scratches will always appear...
Sony ‎Xperia™ L - Rooted | Unlocked Bootloader | Android version ~ KitKat | CyanogenMod 11 | CFQ | Interactive .

Old phones:
Siemes SL55 - beautiful phone,broken flex band
Sagem My400v - broken display
Motorala v360v - still working
Sony Ericsson w910i - still working
Sony Ericsson K850i - sold (awesome camera)
LG Optimus One - given to my mom (hero phone)

Facebook Community: Sony Xperia L - Development & Discussion

uremytoy
Old
(Last edited by uremytoy; 5th January 2014 at 12:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 95
i dont have 2-3 weeks any screen protector, 0 scratches i had it less than weekend cuz it simply started to look ugly. i have second one but simply i dont know how to put it in, and mt yeah works better withought it it may be me that im "different"

jokerpappu
Old
Thanks Meter 36
the glass in xperia l is amazing.i did some test by trying to scratch it with srewdriver,scissor,blade,stones,etc bt no scratch bt the problem is that it will b very hard to use xl in sunlight as it reflects a lot of light.cant c a thing when playing games in sunlight without screen protector
The Following User Says Thank You to jokerpappu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
glass, protection, schott, screen