Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Thoughts on XPERIA L updates

Tip us?
 
XperiaAwesome2000
Old
(Last edited by XperiaAwesome2000; 30th June 2014 at 02:20 PM.) Reason: wrong spelling
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 43
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hanau
Info 2 My Thoughts on XPERIA L updates

Hello Guys, Many of us complian about we dont know any Informations yet about an Android 4.3 update.
Today i looked on PTCRB (still nothing new) ,but i looked up the PTCRB page about the XPERIA U (predecessor of the XPERIA L). And it got tons of Certified updates (Most of them are Minor Updates but there are two Major Updates listed) , so i think we should get more than these 6 Updates

I Have attached an Image about the 2 PTCRB Pages

What do you think about my thoughts let me know !

-sorry for my english
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XL Updates.png
Views:	582
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	2825468  
 
honglong
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 172
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nottinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperiaAwesome2000 View Post
Hello Guys, Many of us complian about we dont know any Informations yet about an Android 4.3 update.
Today i looked on PTCRB (still nothing new) ,but i looked up the PTCRB page about the XPERIA U (predecessor of the XPERIA L). And it got tons of Certified updates (Most of them are Minor Updates but there are two Major Updates listed) , so i think we should get more than these 6 Updates

I Have attached an Image about the 2 PTCRB Pages

What do you think about my thoughts let me know !

-sorry for my english
The updates are pretty poor and communication from Sony is awful. Why they choose to update Xperia M (underspec'd compared to the L) is beyond me. But then again, they released 4.4 ASOP for L. Maybe if they release a fully functional generic 4.4 ASOP that would heal the wound
 
XperiaAwesome2000
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 43
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hanau
Quote:
Originally Posted by honglong View Post
The updates are pretty poor and communication from Sony is awful. Why they choose to update Xperia M (underspec'd compared to the L) is beyond me. But then again, they released 4.4 ASOP for L. Maybe if they release a fully functional generic 4.4 ASOP that would heal the wound
That i dont Understand too, the Xperia M is in every point a much worser Phone than our XPERIA L , why give Sony it an update , we only have an Buggy vesion of 4.2 .B ut your point sounds interresting, Almost all devices from Sony that had become AOSP (except xperia s), became the Update to the Specific
Version from Sony

-Sorry for My English
 
honglong
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 172
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nottinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperiaAwesome2000 View Post
That i dont Understand too, the Xperia M is in every point a much worser Phone than our XPERIA L , why give Sony it an update , we only have an Buggy vesion of 4.2 .B ut your point sounds interresting, Almost all devices from Sony that had become AOSP (except xperia s), became the Update to the Specific
Version from Sony

-Sorry for My English
I would be happy with 4.4 ASOP without any Sony Junk if Sony can't be bothered to release 4.3

It's not great customer service and it means a very good phone won't become updated and I won't buy Sony again. If they plan to update say so, if it's end of life. Say so.

I have a feeling they will do nothing, wait till 18 months support period has expired then drop it.
 
XperiaAwesome2000
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 43
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hanau
Quote:
Originally Posted by honglong View Post
I would be happy with 4.4 ASOP without any Sony Junk if Sony can't be bothered to release 4.3

It's not great customer service and it means a very good phone won't become updated and I won't buy Sony again. If they plan to update say so, if it's end of life. Say so.

I have a feeling they will do nothing, wait till 18 months support period has expired then drop it.
Our phone had been added to the AOSP project months ago but only for unlocked bootloaders, and i hope sony will do something and update our because we spent more money on a better phone and we only get 4.2 if we dont get 4.3/4.4 that would be silly
 
RabbiShe
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 57
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by honglong View Post
4.4 ASOP for L.
Could you explain what that is? Is it some official kitkat rom for xperia l?
 
id202
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ruse
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperiaAwesome2000 View Post
Our phone had been added to the AOSP project months ago but only for unlocked bootloaders, and i hope sony will do something and update our because we spent more money on a better phone and we only get 4.2 if we dont get 4.3/4.4 that would be silly
Actually I am almost sure for two things:

Sorry won't release anything more for that expensive brick, because it looks for me that there is more hardware issues and maybe lack of drivers from Qualcomm. Also keep in mind crappy cameras (both of them are awful), totally bad touchscreen and most awful brand - they became more "stay away brand" than chinese ZTE and Huawei brands, which these days here are considered as OK here ...

Personally my Xperia L would not survive to the end of warranty - either it will be sold on half of it's price or will be killed - today it flied ~6 times to the floor,because 9 times sound got routed to earpiece instead of speaker.

Generally this Sony are scammers these days and should not be trusted for anything. Btw this was my last product from Sony - they are gone in my blacklist like HP and Nokia.... got very bad experience with these brands and will never come back to them.
 
XperiaAwesome2000
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 43
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hanau
Quote:
Originally Posted by id202 View Post
Actually I am almost sure for two things:

Sorry won't release anything more for that expensive brick, because it looks for me that there is more hardware issues and maybe lack of drivers from Qualcomm. Also keep in mind crappy cameras (both of them are awful), totally bad touchscreen and most awful brand - they became more "stay away brand" than chinese ZTE and Huawei brands, which these days here are considered as OK here ...

Personally my Xperia L would not survive to the end of warranty - either it will be sold on half of it's price or will be killed - today it flied ~6 times to the floor,because 9 times sound got routed to earpiece instead of speaker.

Generally this Sony are scammers these days and should not be trusted for anything. Btw this was my last product from Sony - they are gone in my blacklist like HP and Nokia.... got very bad experience with these brands and will never come back to them.
Okay at the Moment i have no issues with the camera and the Touchscreen maybe i have chosen a good modell of the L, but you are right if Sony wouldnt make updates fort this phone they would become a stay away brand and at the moment Sony must work harder on Updates because they have not much money at the time and that is the Problem of Sony they release too much phones and gave no Updates other brands like Samsung gave the S2 4.1 and at this time the s2 was 2 years old and the arc s Sonys Flagship at the Time never saw 4.1

PS I really like Sony they made good and Products but Support on the Phones they make is really bad
 
Hnk1
Old
#9  
Hnk1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 502
Posts: 585
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
I'll explain you some facts!

If you look at xperia U and Xperia L, they both were updated for about a year. The number of updates for xperia U only means, developers were lazy to fix bugs so they had to push more small patches to fix the bugs!

If you still want to question, xperia L has a month left in comparison to xperia U, I'll like you not to overlook x.x.x.17 update which isn't mentioned in the image!

About xperia M got 4.3 and not xperia L, the reason is that xperia M was released few months after xperia L; thus the support for one year meant, it had to be updated till 4.3 but xperia L had completed its one year when the time to update lower end devices came!

If you are wondering, if we would get 4.4 or 4.3 , it is highly UNLIKELY! Don't put your hopes too high!

The reason why source for 4.4 was released, it was only to shut mouth of xperia L owners so it could seem, Sony is working on 4.4 for xperia L and in the mean time, the time frame of one year of update could pass! 4.4 was supposingly in works for xperia L until, Sony decided to ditch it and released buggy 4.4 so it could work on new devices which were released by Sony like M2, T3 etc.

I hope this enlightenment would be enough for you all!
Away till 13th September

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED

DO YOU WANT A TUTORIAL/GUIDE THAT HAS NOT BEEN WRITTEN OR COULD BE EXPLAINED IN DETAILS PM ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE

BUYING A NEW DEVICE. READ THIS GUIDE FIRST
CLICK HERE
 
RabbiShe
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 57
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1 View Post
...
So the dream is dead. There is no hope for the humanity after all.

Tags
android4.3, xperia l, xperia l updates
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more

aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more

And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more