Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 47,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to backup your official ROM to flash it anytime with Flashtool

Tip us?

LeopardSurd
Old
(Last edited by LeopardSurd; 6th July 2014 at 10:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Info 2 How to backup your official ROM to flash it anytime with Flashtool

If you do not want to lose the warranty of your Xperia phone, you have to backup your official ROM.
  1. download Sony Update Service (SUS) and reinstall firmware of your phone (backup your data first if you want to). This process erase also the ROOT (if you had rooted your phone). SUS cannot reinstall the firmware if you have an unlocked bootloader.
  2. after that, go to SUS folder in Program Files/Program Files (x84)>Sony Mobile>Update Service>db>"some random number">blob_fs. There you will find 3 or 4 files named "FILE_xyz" (where xyz are some random numbers). Copy them and keep the original.
  3. create a new folder somewhere else (on Desktop for example) and paste those 3-4 files from blob_fs into the new folder you created
  4. download and install latest Flashtool (at the moment of the tutorial, I used the version 0.9.16.1)
  5. open the Flashtool, click on Tools>Bundles>FILESET Decrypt, choose the new folder where you saved those 3-4 FILE files, then select and move them all from the left to the right column.
  6. click Convert and after approx. one minute a pop up window will appear via Flashtool
  7. select all the new files from left and transfer them to the right column
  8. double click on Device: empty box and choose the phone model you have with double click (C210X, Sony Xperia L > C2105 or C2104). My phone is a C2105. If you phone is C2104, select C2104.
  9. at Branding: write what you want. For example Telcel Mexico. If it's unbranded write Unbranded Mexico.
  10. at Version: write the numbers you find from your phone at Settings>About phone>Build number. For example 15.0.A.2.17 it's mine.
  11. now click Create, select again the phone model and Flashtool will create backup of your original firmware customization, that you can anytime flash to your phone. The ftf file will be saved in the folder where you pasted FILE files. The process takes a while, 30-60 minutes (it depends on your PC computing power).
  12. the output folder will be the C:>Flashtool>firmwares where you pasted those 3-4 FILE files and it will have this name: PhoneModel_BuildNumber_Branding.ftf (e.g. C2105_15.0.A.2.17_Telcel_Mexico.ftf)
Sony Xperia L (C2105)
The Following User Says Thank You to LeopardSurd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krzysiek1984
Old
Thanks Meter 29
working on unlocked bootloader?
My Phone: Xperia L (C2105)
Rom: 15.3.A.1.14
Kernel: Stock

LeopardSurd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek1984 View Post
working on unlocked bootloader?
As far I know, SUS cannot reinstall your official ROM if you have unlocked the bootloader.
Sony Xperia L (C2105)
The Following User Says Thank You to LeopardSurd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
backup, original rom, sony, xperia l