5,600,612 Members 34,044 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.2.2 update issues.. not even resolving through PC companion or Update service

Tip us?

shaheer khan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] 4.2.2 update issues.. not even resolving through PC companion or Update service

Hello, I recently updated my Sony Xperia L to 4.2.2. There are several issues which I have faced which are explained as follows
1: Data Package not working (I mean at all)
2: Downloaded apps shortcut icon on homescreen disappear after a restart
3: Some of the apps not working fluently

I asked Sony on Google+ and they said to repair it through PC Companion (Steps were written). I followed the same procedure but still the same problem. Than they asked me to repair it through Update service, and I did that as well, and still, the same problem continues. Sony is not accepting that it is an update issue. If it isnt, can you please help me with it that what would be the solution? Please help me with this

aniketroxx
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheer khan View Post
Hello, I recently updated my Sony Xperia L to 4.2.2. There are several issues which I have faced which are explained as follows

I asked Sony on Google+ and they said to repair it through PC Companion (Steps were written). I followed the same procedure but still the same problem. Than they asked me to repair it through Update service, and I did that as well, and still, the same problem continues. Sony is not accepting that it is an update issue. If it isnt, can you please help me with it that what would be the solution? Please help me with this
Well first of all the 4.2.2 firmware is the buggy , even though you will repair it with pc companion, What pc companion will do is reinstall it ,nothing other than this is going on there. Well there is one option to downgrade to 4.1.2 .

shaheer khan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default except.rooting??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketroxx View Post
Well first of all the 4.2.2 firmware is the buggy , even though you will repair it with pc companion, What pc companion will do is reinstall it ,nothing other than this is going on there. Well there is one option to downgrade to 4.1.2 .
If it is anything apart from rooting than please lay it on me.. I have been looking for solution.. That would be of great help (even greater if with full steps and downloadable links )

Svartehjerte
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheer khan View Post
1: You have to create your APN by yourself
2: That happens with apps on SD card
3: App related. Did you do a factory reset?

I was with no bugs at all on 4.2.2... until i installed superusermod. Then i destroyed my phone and i can't get 4.2.2 anymore (reboots every 15 minutes).
Sony Xperia L | Android 4.2.2 | 15.3.A.0.14 Rooted Firmware

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 | Android 4.4.2 | AOKP
CWM 6.0.4.6

shaheer khan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartehjerte View Post
1: You have to create your APN by yourself
2: That happens with apps on SD card
3: App related. Did you do a factory reset?

I was with no bugs at all on 4.2.2... until i installed superusermod. Then i destroyed my phone and i can't get 4.2.2 anymore (reboots every 15 minutes).
Sir i didnt get that.. What is APN? And yes i did a factory reset as well.. And how ur 4.2 was bug free? Let me know if possible.. Otherwiise if it could be converted to 4.1.2 as before that was working fine

Svartehjerte
Old
Thanks Meter 96
APN stands for access point name. You must configure it manually according to your operator.

You can get back to 4.1.2 using flashtool.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
Sony Xperia L | Android 4.2.2 | 15.3.A.0.14 Rooted Firmware

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 | Android 4.4.2 | AOKP
CWM 6.0.4.6