FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

[Q] bootloop by wrong permissions

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By mirhimayun, Junior Member on 6th May 2014, 04:31 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi All,

I'm trying to unbrick a xperia l.

The XL is bricked because I changed the permissions over /system and /system/app folders (I presume).

The XL is in ASR<3e> everytime i switch on the phone, but unfortunately when choosing option 3 at the first command "adb install" I get an error "- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -".

Data/Factory reset also done and cache partition cleared ...But no effect.

The phone is stucked in a loop: Error detected, Recovery/cleaning process is ok, apps deleted, press power to reboot and loop.

Last info: before bricking I was running the 4.3 GB

Please could someone kindly suggest a solution? Many thanks in advance.
ALSO USB DEBUGGING ALSO TURNED OFF BEFORE IT HAPPENED.
 
 
7th May 2014, 08:29 AM |#2  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,990
 
Donate to Me
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirhimayun

Hi All,

I'm trying to unbrick a xperia l.

The XL is bricked because I changed the permissions over /system and /system/app folders (I presume).

The XL is in ASR<3e> everytime i switch on the phone, but unfortunately when choosing option 3 at the first command "adb install" I get an error "- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -".

Data/Factory reset also done and cache partition cleared ...But no effect.

The phone is stucked in a loop: Error detected, Recovery/cleaning process is ok, apps deleted, press power to reboot and loop.

Last info: before bricking I was running the 4.3 GB

Please could someone kindly suggest a solution? Many thanks in advance.
ALSO USB DEBUGGING ALSO TURNED OFF BEFORE IT HAPPENED.

do you have any CWM backup ?

if no just flash a full rom
8th May 2014, 05:41 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag jammu
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling

do you have any CWM backup ?

if no just flash a full rom

Can we Flash any ROM and by how can we flash it...usb debugging is off?
8th May 2014, 05:42 PM |#4  
RootLord's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirhimayun

Can we Flash any ROM and by how can we flash it...usb debugging is off?

Yes, you can.

Sent from my taoshan using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th May 2014, 03:12 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag jammu
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlord

yes, you can.

Sent from my taoshan using xda premium 4 mobile app

but usb debugging is off?
13th May 2014, 03:32 PM |#6  
RootLord's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirhimayun

but usb debugging is off?

To flash you will connect by power offing your device...usb debugging neither affects nor any other...!

Sent from Sony Xperia L using xda premium 4 app
The Following User Says Thank You to RootLord For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 04:18 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag jammu
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootLord

To flash you will connect by power offing your device...usb debugging neither affects nor any other...!

Sent from Sony Xperia L using xda premium 4 app

thanks bro did that....works fine now...
How to install cwm recovery in rooted but locked bootloader xperia l?
13th May 2014, 04:45 PM |#8  
RootLord's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirhimayun

thanks bro did that....works fine now...
How to install cwm recovery in rooted but locked bootloader xperia l?

Here ya go..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589320

Sent from Sony Xperia L using xda premium 4 app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes