5,604,730 Members 33,001 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Concern about touch screen before buying

Tip us?

Cassius Away
Old
(Last edited by Cassius Away; 7th December 2013 at 11:51 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Concern about touch screen before buying

Hello there!
Now I know this has been discussed before but I will probably be buying this phone next week, and my main concern is the touch sensitivity issue.

How is it with the latest firmware? I thought it was no big deal but after seeing this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3mPDZfoW8o

I became quite concerned. Is this a common behavior for XL?
If so do any of the custom kernels (or Roms maybe) address this issue?
If someone could test their screen with a multitouch visualizer/tester app and post their opinion I would be grateful..

saurabh007
Old
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Touch sensitivity has improved a lot in 15.3.A.0.26 update.. You can go ahead and buy Xperia L..
Nokia 5233 (At home)
Nokia 5230 (Broken Display)
Sony Xperia L (Stock 4.2.2, Rooted, 15.3.A.1.14)
Ex-Symbian Modder, new to Android world

Hit "THANKS" button, I appreciate it..

The Following User Says Thank You to saurabh007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cassius Away
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the reply!
See the thing is that I have also convinced my friend to buy the Xperia L and I don't want to have the responsibility for him as well if it turns out to have problems.

Is there anything else potentially serious I should know?
I read that the memory filling bug is fixed so I can't think of anything else..

jonasdj101
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I've noticed that the opinions about the touchscreen are a little different along people. It's true that the touchscreen was improved in the update, but i (this is my opinion) am not satisfied. I can't type or unlock my phone properly when i lay it down on the table(not holding in my hands). I have a screenguard, but had these problems too without it. But for the rest it's an awesome phone. If you're worried about the touchscreen, ask the seller(in the store) wether you can turn it on. I don't think it'll be much of a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonasdj101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cassius Away
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hmm I see... I hope I can arrange for them to replace it and perhaps switch to another model..
What troubles me is that while I am a fan of sony in general (I like their design and the performance of their budget models) it seems that the latest line of phones all have problems with the touch screen, so even if I am tempted to spend some more and get an SP it would be a deal breaker.

I would even go for an Xperia M but the limited internal storage is bugging me (+ no apps to SD unless you swap internal and external)..

Maybe I will go for the Galaxy Ace 3 LTE which I can find for about 30 Euros more and has a little better specs (except for the camera) even if I am not a fan of the Samsung aesthetics..

babakgol70
Old
Thanks Meter 10
maybe this link helps you

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543980

don't buy and wait for new update.(maybe fix by new update)