Post Reply

CPU Overheat

OP sherry_94

17th April 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #1  
sherry_94's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moga
Thanks Meter: 99
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
My cpu is behaving wierd lately.....in normal operation , its almost always above 50 degrees ...and when heavy use comes, temps rise rapidly to over 60 degrees , when kernel starts to throttle and phone's frequency start to drop and then it lags like crazy ....when at idle its in range 40-45 degrees.....when in deep sleep, its in range 38-40.....i ve tried all major kernels ....i ve a very high UnderVolt....i even tried stock table .....i use phone at 1 Ghz ....tried both stock and kitkat .....The phone is painfully hot in hands ....i cant seem to fix this ?? Does it mean , my phonr has to go to service centre ???

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk
Last edited by sherry_94; 17th April 2014 at 04:13 PM.
17th April 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Dzbel
Thanks Meter: 23
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry_94

My cpu is behaving wierd lately.....in normal operation , its almost always above 50 degrees ...and when heavy use comes, temps rise rapidly to over 60 degrees , when kernel starts to throttle and phone's frequency start to drop and then it lags like crazy ....when at idle its in range 40-45 degrees.....when in deep sleep, its in range 38-40.....i ve tried all major kernels ....i ve a very high UnderVolt....i even tried stock table .....i use phone at 1 Ghz ....tried both stock and kitkat .....The phone is painfully hot in hands ....i cant seem to fix this ?? Does it mean , my phonr has to go to service centre ???

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

You say, that you use it at 1GHz but this screen says that phone runned at 1.3 GHz. Yesterday I was playing Bad Piggies at 1GHz on stock and phone got very hot. (I have got plastic cover and thru it burned)

On sony support center is topic about temp http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...es/td-p/363016 you can try to switch off network connection. Theres written that your idle and deepsleep temps are "in normal". And when you stress your cores that might get hotter than it's nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kosa02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #3  
sherry_94's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moga
Thanks Meter: 99
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosa02

You say, that you use it at 1GHz but this screen says that phone runned at 1.3 GHz. Yesterday I was playing Bad Piggies at 1GHz on stock and phone got very hot. (I have got plastic cover and thru it burned)

On sony support center is topic about temp http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...es/td-p/363016 you can try to switch off network connection. Theres written that your idle and deepsleep temps are "in normal". And when you stress your cores that might get hotter than it's nice.

I try overclocking ...fine....but even when using 1 ghz , its hot...so 60 degrees is fine ?? Whats the max safe temp ???

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk
18th April 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #4  
sherry_94's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moga
Thanks Meter: 99
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
My phone never runs cool......no matter what kernel or rom i use....can this be a hardare issue.....

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk
18th April 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Dzbel
Thanks Meter: 23
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry_94

My phone never runs cool......no matter what kernel or rom i use....can this be a hardare issue.....

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

I don't know what max temp is ideal.. is it bad even on stock kernel and ROM with locked bootloader? Coz on my phone none of custom software doesn't work propertly. That's why stock is the best for me. You can try stock and you'll see if things get better
The Following User Says Thank You to Kosa02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
I have flashed phantom kernel v7 and Stock ROM.
When my phone is ideal temp is 38 c .
Regarding your screen shot I guess you should turn-off MP-decision using trickster mod and lock freq at 1 GHz.
If you have locked freq and MP-decision is on it may override default settings.
I guess this should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to mvv1277 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #7  
sherry_94's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moga
Thanks Meter: 99
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvv1277

I have flashed phantom kernel v7 and Stock ROM.
When my phone is ideal temp is 38 c .
Regarding your screen shot I guess you should turn-off MP-decision using trickster mod and lock freq at 1 GHz.
If you have locked freq and MP-decision is on it may override default settings.
I guess this should work.

Whats ideal temp ??? When phone is sitting idle ??? Or when in use ??? And what country u live in....is ut summer over there ?? Whats the temp when phone is in normal use and heavy use ??

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk
19th April 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #8  
sherry_94's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moga
Thanks Meter: 99
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosa02

I don't know what max temp is ideal.. is it bad even on stock kernel and ROM with locked bootloader? Coz on my phone none of custom software doesn't work propertly. That's why stock is the best for me. You can try stock and you'll see if things get better

Ya , now its bad even on stock,but i never locked bootloader .

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk
19th April 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #9  
sherry_94's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moga
Thanks Meter: 99
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvv1277

I have flashed phantom kernel v7 and Stock ROM.
When my phone is ideal temp is 38 c .
Regarding your screen shot I guess you should turn-off MP-decision using trickster mod and lock freq at 1 GHz.
If you have locked freq and MP-decision is on it may override default settings.
I guess this should work.

Mine never ever goes below 38 even in IDLE mode and UnderVolted .......my Ideal Temp is 48-50 celcius [emoji26] Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397868344869.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	2695116

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk
20th April 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #10  
sherry_94's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moga
Thanks Meter: 99
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
For some unknown reason, my phone is back to its old self......i dont know why in the first place it started to get so hot.... Thank you guys Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397957273925.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	2697119

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia L Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank