- It's not the gallery app. I've already applied the thumbnails fix.
- Not the walkman app. I've disabled it and cleared the cache (user apps + system apps) using Titanium Backup
- Used Android Cleaner app - deleted Log files, everything that it could clear
- Lost.Dir was already empty when I checked it (Yes I'm rooted and I can see other system folders)
- Haven't installed Spotify
- Haven't tried clearing the Delvic Cache because I read that it extracts a file from every apx installed on your phone. So even if you were to clean it up it would get recreated on starting the phone. So this clearing is only required when you're installing a new ROM
I was still trying to find where all that space is going. Finally after a lot of trial and error I came across something interesting. DiskUsage when run on Data Folder under Root seems to shows the actual breakup of that "Device Memory" that we see under settings.
So my question is:
1) Is the "Device Memory" = App files + Data files + Cache Files + Delvic Cache ? From this screenshot this is what I'm concluding.
2) If 1 is true then it seems Xperia L is very limited for installing Apps. What are my options to deal with this so that I can install loads of apps?