FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] Device memory full, any solution?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By mimi99, Junior Member on 16th January 2014, 02:16 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm currently using Sony Xperia L, C2105, android version 4.1.2 firmware 15.0.A.2.17

1)The device memory will full by itself, I didn't download any apps, but the device memory will added by itself. Sometimes, my battery drain very fast and I realize it is cause by an apps call 'mediaserver' (anyone had idea on wat is this apps?), later on,my device memory added again. I done a factory reset,but this situation happen again.

2)Is the latest firmware 15.3.A.1.12 or 15.3.A.0.26 would solve this problem? Anyone had the device memory problem at 4.1.2 version, but later update to 4.2 the problem solve?

3)I download the 15.3.A.0.26 from my phone update center, but after finished loading, it says unable download....so can I download 15.3.A.0.26 from sony PC companion? because it only showing the 15.3.A.1.12 in sony PCC? or is there any other ways to download 15.3.A.0.26?

Pls, can anyone help me? thanks.
 
 
16th January 2014, 03:06 AM |#2  
Joel16's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 606
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi99

I
2)Is the latest firmware 15.3.A.1.12 or 15.3.A.0.26 would solve this problem?
Pls, can anyone help me? thanks.

Use 1.12 it should fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joel16 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 03:19 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel16

Use 1.12 it should fix it.

thanks for ur reply...
did u faced this problem before in the previous firmware?
16th January 2014, 04:32 AM |#4  
Joel16's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 606
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi99

thanks for ur reply...
did u faced this problem before in the previous firmware?

Yeah I used to in 2.17, but it got fixed in 0.26, and aswell as 1.12. But I'd suggest the latest one, so go for 1.12
The Following User Says Thank You to Joel16 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 09:57 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Flag Hanamkonda
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Thumbs up :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi99

I'm currently using Sony Xperia L, C2105, android version 4.1.2 firmware 15.0.A.2.17

1)The device memory will full by itself, I didn't download any apps, but the device memory will added by itself. Sometimes, my battery drain very fast and I realize it is cause by an apps call 'mediaserver' (anyone had idea on wat is this apps?), later on,my device memory added again. I done a factory reset,but this situation happen again.

2)Is the latest firmware 15.3.A.1.12 or 15.3.A.0.26 would solve this problem? Anyone had the device memory problem at 4.1.2 version, but later update to 4.2 the problem solve?

3)I download the 15.3.A.0.26 from my phone update center, but after finished loading, it says unable download....so can I download 15.3.A.0.26 from sony PC companion? because it only showing the 15.3.A.1.12 in sony PCC? or is there any other ways to download 15.3.A.0.26?

Pls, can anyone help me? thanks.

Dude I think you should check the LOST.DIR folder in your phone's internal memory.
If it takes a lot of memory, then you can delete it directly.
17th January 2014, 10:42 AM |#6  
kinetic_soul's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi99

I'm currently using Sony Xperia L, C2105, android version 4.1.2 firmware 15.0.A.2.17

1)The device memory will full by itself, I didn't download any apps, but the device memory will added by itself. Sometimes, my battery drain very fast and I realize it is cause by an apps call 'mediaserver' (anyone had idea on wat is this apps?), later on,my device memory added again. I done a factory reset,but this situation happen again.

2)Is the latest firmware 15.3.A.1.12 or 15.3.A.0.26 would solve this problem? Anyone had the device memory problem at 4.1.2 version, but later update to 4.2 the problem solve?

3)I download the 15.3.A.0.26 from my phone update center, but after finished loading, it says unable download....so can I download 15.3.A.0.26 from sony PC companion? because it only showing the 15.3.A.1.12 in sony PCC? or is there any other ways to download 15.3.A.0.26?

Pls, can anyone help me? thanks.

Try to root your device and use some Root App UnInstaller to remove all the bloatware you get along with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes