[Q] Doing a factory reset to a rooted Xperia L

OP mugenishere

30th August 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
I have an Xperia L phone which I rooted a few months back. I haven't unlocked the bootloader AFAIR. Just rooted it.

Now I have been getting weird memory space issues. I already tried the album galleries fix, the SD-Maid, rooted and deleted junk files but it still doesn't let me install apps. So I'm planning to do a factory reset.

1) Does anyone know what exactly happens in a factory reset in XPeria L? Does it have a built-in image that gets restored? Or does it only wipe the data and cache completely?

2) Any idea whether root will still be maintained or not?

3) Is there anything that I should watch out for?
30th August 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 35

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenishere

I have an Xperia L phone which I rooted a few months back. I haven't unlocked the bootloader AFAIR. Just rooted it.

Now I have been getting weird memory space issues. I already tried the album galleries fix, the SD-Maid, rooted and deleted junk files but it still doesn't let me install apps. So I'm planning to do a factory reset.

1) Does anyone know what exactly happens in a factory reset in XPeria L? Does it have a built-in image that gets restored? Or does it only wipe the data and cache completely?

As far as I know, it wipes your data completely. And doesn't restore any factory image. And therefore you shouldn't lose root.
However, I can't guarantee it. There's nothing you should watch for and you can always root your device.

Hit thanks *
30th August 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #3  
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 8

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenishere

after factory reset everything will be reset to factory image..
you will loose root access for sure.
31st August 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #4  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 504

660 posts
Donate to Me
More
SU binary and the Superuser apk are installed on the system partition and thus not touchable by the factory reset.

Send from my A0001 using Tapatalk
13th September 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery360

SU binary and the Superuser apk are installed on the system partition and thus not touchable by the factory reset.

Send from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Which means that...the root access should still be there?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
factory reset after root, root
Previous Thread Next Thread