No registration required

[Q] Xperia L Power Button Issue

OP jvijay86

2nd March 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi,

I spilled water over my Xperia L recently. I quickly removed the battery, sim card and wiped it a dry cloth and put the phone in a rice bag for a day to absorb the moisture. I put it back together and turned the phone on, it was working fine for a couple of hours. After that the power button stopped working. I use the camera key each time to unlock the phone and use it.

I took it to the sony service center and after hearing about the problem, they said the board has to be replaced if water has gone in and suggested me to get a new phone as its expensive to replace the board.

I ensure my phone doesnt turn off because if it does I have no idea if i'll be able to turn it on again.
Please let me know if there is any way to fix it and get the button working again.

Thanks
2nd March 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bandar Lampung
Thanks Meter: 91

128 posts
More
Are you able to access fastboot mode in your phone?
Try to connect your phone into fastboot mode in your PC
And type this in cmd to boot your device
Code:
fastboot reboot
2nd March 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 86

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvijay86

Hi,

I spilled water over my Xperia L recently. I quickly removed the battery, sim card and wiped it a dry cloth and put the phone in a rice bag for a day to absorb the moisture. I put it back together and turned the phone on, it was working fine for a couple of hours. After that the power button stopped working. I use the camera key each time to unlock the phone and use it.

I took it to the sony service center and after hearing about the problem, they said the board has to be replaced if water has gone in and suggested me to get a new phone as its expensive to replace the board.

I ensure my phone doesnt turn off because if it does I have no idea if i'll be able to turn it on again.
Please let me know if there is any way to fix it and get the button working again.

Thanks

I don't think you need to replace the whole motherboard. You need to dissemble the set and then clean the whole board with thinner. then let it dry. If it doesn't work you may need to replace the power button only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underd0g

Are you able to access fastboot mode in your phone?
Try to connect your phone into fastboot mode in your PC
And type this in cmd to boot your device

Code:
fastboot reboot

What is the point? This has nothing to do with the fastboot mode as this is not a software issue.
3rd March 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

88 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA-RK

I don't think you need to replace the whole motherboard. You need to dissemble the set and then clean the whole board with thinner. then let it dry. If it doesn't work you may need to replace the power button only.

What is the point? This has nothing to do with the fastboot mode as this is not a software issue.

But you can turn your phone on if you accidentally turn it off through this method

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!
The Following User Says Thank You to a.moiz0322 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread