Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems by unlocking and locking bootloader ?

Tip us?

CHARLY_1986
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Unhappy [Q] Problems by unlocking and locking bootloader ?

Greetings fellow , several weeks ago I decided to unlock the bootloader to test different ROM , I tried many and I stay with cyanogenmod . Given that came to my C2104 official update from sony to 15.3.a.1.17 , I decided to lock my bootloader . I tried a few hours the new official firmware and I was so disappointed by his failures I decided to return to the CyanogenMod ROM . I went to unlock my bootloader but since every ROM I try very unstable , contacts are lost , almost all applications I open lock and close, I have signal problems wifi and 3G (perform all wipes needed for each installation used ) . because I 'm desperate .. block before returning to my bootloader any ROM that proved it worked perfect, but now after the new block and subsequent release any ROM is stable. To top it all went back to the stock ROM 15.3.a.1.14 that has been the stock that has worked best for me and I will ... Did fatal ruin my xperia for having repeatedly locked and unlocked bootloader ? sorry my English

mizukage
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLY_1986 View Post
Greetings fellow , several weeks ago I decided to unlock the bootloader to test different ROM , I tried many and I stay with cyanogenmod . Given that came to my C2104 official update from sony to 15.3.a.1.17 , I decided to lock my bootloader . I tried a few hours the new official firmware and I was so disappointed by his failures I decided to return to the CyanogenMod ROM . I went to unlock my bootloader but since every ROM I try very unstable , contacts are lost , almost all applications I open lock and close, I have signal problems wifi and 3G (perform all wipes needed for each installation used ) . because I 'm desperate .. block before returning to my bootloader any ROM that proved it worked perfect, but now after the new block and subsequent release any ROM is stable. To top it all went back to the stock ROM 15.3.a.1.14 that has been the stock that has worked best for me and I will ... Did fatal ruin my xperia for having repeatedly locked and unlocked bootloader ? sorry my English
i dont get the question u r asking..hehe but i think u r asking if relocking and unlocking bootloader will damage or ruin the phone, am i right? we'll to solve ur problem there are instances that it will brick ur phone and there are instance also that it will succesfully loack, i think it will be differ on the build of the board..just an advice, if u wanted to try other ROMs better not to relock ur bootloader so it wont mess up ur phone..stay unlock
The Following User Says Thank You to mizukage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CHARLY_1986
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizukage View Post
i dont get the question u r asking..hehe but i think u r asking if relocking and unlocking bootloader will damage or ruin the phone, am i right? we'll to solve ur problem there are instances that it will brick ur phone and there are instance also that it will succesfully loack, i think it will be differ on the build of the board..just an advice, if u wanted to try other ROMs better not to relock ur bootloader so it wont mess up ur phone..stay unlock
Thanks for replying. I know the risks of opening the bootloader. In short I mean, excluding damage, the phone may become unstable by opening and closing the bootloader