[Q&A] SlimKat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

adil089

Apr 29, 2014
thx ;)

btw, very fast and smooth rom, maybe the best KK.

but i've a strange bug:
- screen brightness adjustments doesn't work
- led notification doesn't work

is there a way to solve this?

Led notification doesn't work on any kk ROM.(hope someone finds a way to make it work) and screen brightness can't be adjusted on certain custom ROMs like carbon and slimkat (don't know the reason for this it maybe something in the code). For the screen brightness you could install 'root dim' from the play store and that would solve your problem until it gets fixed.

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Slash90[ITA]

Slash90[ITA]

Jun 4, 2011
Molfetta
Led notification doesn't work on any kk ROM.(hope someone finds a way to make it work) and screen brightness can't be adjusted on certain custom ROMs like carbon and slimkat (don't know the reason for this it maybe something in the code). For the screen brightness you could install 'root dim' from the play store and that would solve your problem until it gets fixed.

led notification work on free xperia kk rom ;)
ok for the 'root dim' fix, i'll give a try ;)

Reactions: adil089

Slash90[ITA]

Jun 4, 2011
Molfetta
OK sorry forgot about the FXP ROM. And hope the solution works for you

thx, the solution works fine ;)

after few days of using this rom, i can say that this the smoothest kk rom fot the xperia L (before i've used freexperia cm11).

the bug that i've found are:

- no notification led
- no screen brightness adjustment (fix with rootdim)
- seems that only 2gb of the 4gb of the internal memory are read. someone can confirm this?

paulo.delavega

Sep 14, 2012
Notification led and screen brightness are working fine for me with latest nightly (8.2) =)

Just a potentially dumb question: how can I change the weather unity in the lockscreen from ºF to ºC? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Slash90[ITA]

mizukage

Aug 25, 2011
Legazpi
quick question

wer can i find these?

network speed indicator
network mode with 3 option (2G, 3G and 2G/3G)
theme chooser not included in the rom so i cant apply the theme i installed

shaddamIV

Jul 7, 2010
It does not work moving applications. Clean master announces "Not enough space for moving to SD card"
Any solutions?

kxait

Oct 15, 2014
help with install

this bug really makes me mad. every time i try to flash any rom it gives me "E:Error executing updater binary in zip 'long path': set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed". i am using c2015 and twrp. unlocked bootloader please i really like this rom and i want to install it

LilXperia

Oct 16, 2014
Slimkat 8.6 Taoshan

Just a few words of encouragement - absolutely love this ROM on my Xperia L. It's quite incredible and is leaps and bounds better then the stock JB ROM. Now that brightness and notification lights are fixed in 8.2+ my only complaint is speaker-phone volume is quite low. The only other issue "I've" found is the wake up bug but that's present in several of these types of ROMs but isn't much of an annoyance to me personally. Keep up the great work, updating weekly! Thanks

Reactions: adil089

Captain_Hungary

Nov 14, 2013
Budapest
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hi! Can you make it to work on locked bootloader? I want to use it on my device, but it has locked bootloader and I can't unlock it :(( I will test it if you want someone, and will make some donation to you, just please try to make it....:angel:

It's not for unlocked bootloader only because the devs. don't want to make it for locked ones, but because you can't install custom kernels on locked bl. This is the manufacturers restriction. So there is no way to make this rom for locked ones.

jazmy

Jan 12, 2011
Cairo
Installation

What files to download release.zip and what else? how we install it (steps) using CWM?

paulo.delavega

Sep 14, 2012
What files to download release.zip and what else? how we install it (steps) using CWM?
Download the latest nightly and SlimGapps from the official page (slimroms.net) and save them in your phone.

Go to cwm (press volume down when the led turns on on the Sony logo screen during boot.

If you want, make a backup in cwm.

Wipe data and cache. Go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache.

Select Install zip from sdcard and choose the ROM. Do the same for the Gapps.

Reboot and you're done.

Reactions: jazmy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure if I have enough time to mess with AOSP on LBs, but it's possible for sure.

I was wondering do you have any plans to merge the new source into this ROM or are you waiting for GPS fix first?

Even in slimroms, only the nightlies have got 4.4.3 till yet not the stable built.

Secondly, do you plan on pushing official support for this ROM ?
    Is this ROM going to get updated? love this ROM!!

Yup I'll update it every now and then... :D
    @Olivier
    Excuse my boldness but why the latest build is version 7 also carries his name CPRF ​​(build.7.0-CPRF​​-UNOFFICIAL-20140801-1108.zip) :p:p:p
    Because of commit fda95b99004559 in vendor/slim.
    thx ;)

btw, very fast and smooth rom, maybe the best KK.

but i've a strange bug:
    - screen brightness adjustments doesn't work
    - led notification doesn't work

is there a way to solve this?