Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 53,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Reverting back from Kartini Engine V2.0

Tip us?

primemonitor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Reverting back from Kartini Engine V2.0

Hi,
I was about to flash the Kartini Engine V2.0 (link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600244) on my XL, but before I do that I wanted to know how I would revert back to my original state if I wanted to (I'm on stock 4.2.2 build 15.3.A.1.12).

From what I understand, I can either:
1. Reflash the stock firmware using Flashtool or,
2. Restore my nandroid backup

Is this correct or am I missing something here?
Also, for the 1st case even if I don't select "wipe data & cache" options in Flashtool that will still do the job, right?

przemek4113
Old
(Last edited by przemek4113; 11th January 2014 at 07:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by primemonitor View Post
Hi,
I was about to flash the Kartini Engine V2.0 (link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600244) on my XL, but before I do that I wanted to know how I would revert back to my original state if I wanted to (I'm on stock 4.2.2 build 15.3.A.1.12).

From what I understand, I can either:
1. Reflash the stock firmware using Flashtool or,
2. Restore my nandroid backup

Is this correct or am I missing something here?
Also, for the 1st case even if I don't select "wipe data & cache" options in Flashtool that will still do the job, right?
Yes, you're right. If you have CWM you can just restore your nandroid backup, but when you have stock Kernel flash a ftf using flashtool. If you exclude wipe data and cache your data will stay,but your phone can sometimes get in to bootolop, so i,reccomend to do a clean FW installation.
Phone history:nokia 3310,nokia 6020,se k510i,samsung D900i,nokia 3110c,xperia x8,xperia mini pro sk17i,xperia l
The Following User Says Thank You to przemek4113 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

primemonitor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by przemek4113 View Post
Yes, you're right. If you have CWM you can just restore your nandroid backup, but when you have stock Kernel flash a ftf using flashtool. If you exclude wipe data and cache your data will stay,but your phone can sometimes get in to bootolop, so i,reccomend to do a clean FW installation.
OK, but just to be sure, reflashing the stock firmware will also unroot my phone? So the better option (if one has CWM) would be to just restore the nandroid backup, right?

Redzo
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by primemonitor View Post
OK, but just to be sure, reflashing the stock firmware will also unroot my phone? So the better option (if one has CWM) would be to just restore the nandroid backup, right?
Correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to Redzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

primemonitor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Ok thanks!