5,599,677 Members 46,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does your screen look very smudgy?

Tip us?
 
Pr3no
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 193
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default [Q] Does your screen look very smudgy?

I can't really explain what I'm thinking of, I don't have a problem with the LCD itself, but on the surface of the screen it looks really smudgy, but in a weird way. My older phone or tablets screen had fingerprints of course, but it's different on the XL. You can't see it in the dark, but outdoors in the sun (even now in winter) I can barely see the screen because of it. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about if yours also loook like mine.

That's the only reason I use a screen protector, but I don't like the feel of the screen protector so I'd like to remove it.
 
ImTooNoob
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 113
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3no View Post
I can't really explain what I'm thinking of, I don't have a problem with the LCD itself, but on the surface of the screen it looks really smudgy, but in a weird way. My older phone or tablets screen had fingerprints of course, but it's different on the XL. You can't see it in the dark, but outdoors in the sun (even now in winter) I can barely see the screen because of it. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about if yours also loook like mine.

That's the only reason I use a screen protector, but I don't like the feel of the screen protector so I'd like to remove it.
I know what you mean, I'm facing that too. I think it's preety weird since my Defy from 2010 doesn't look like that at all when I use it.
 
Pr3no
Old
(Last edited by Pr3no; 13th December 2013 at 11:21 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 193
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooNoob View Post
I know what you mean, I'm facing that too. I think it's preety weird since my Defy from 2010 doesn't look like that at all when I use it.
And do you use some kind of screen protector or you just have to bare with it?
I bought an XtremeGuard screen protector and it looks better with it, but it feels sticky, and I don't know which one is worse.
 
ImTooNoob
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 113
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3no View Post
And do you use some kind of screen protector or you just have to bare with it?
I bought an XtremeGuard screen protector and it looks better with it, but it feels sticky, and I don't know which one is worse.
I don't use a screen protector, since it reduces the touchscreen sensitivity. But it feels a little bit better with it.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
 
Redzo
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 95
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooNoob View Post
I don't use a screen protector, since it reduces the touchscreen sensitivity. But it feels a little bit better with it.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
That is because of screen is coated in a special way. Just learn to live with it or get a screen protector but then you will have to learn to deal with lowered sensitivity.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Pr3no
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 193
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzo View Post
That is because of screen is coated in a special way. Just learn to live with it or get a screen protector but then you will have to learn to deal with lowered sensitivity.
I already have a screen protector, and I have no problems with the lowered sensitivity, every one of my touch has been detected since I applied, but I wanted to peel it off because the surface of the protector feels sticky.

I'll probably just buy another screen protector, because I don't think I could live with that coating.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more