Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia L's Storage Problem ?

Tip us?

Hicks21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Xperia L's Storage Problem ?

Hi guys !
I ( along with lots of other users ) am facing a big problem with Xperia L. There's some kind of memory leak with the device.
The default storage space for appsdata is 1.57 GB. However, for some unknown reason, the free space & appsdata does not add up to 1.57 GB
This problem is not just restricted to me. A lot of users are also facing this problem. The problem is temporarily solved by factory reset, but it reoccurs again after some time.

I have attached two screenshots.( took a screenshot when i encountered this problem first time & ALSO, took a screenshot after factory reset when i still had this problem )

Sony staff hasn't yet responded to this problem in this thread despite the fact that it was first reported about a month ago !!
( Google this " Xperia L issues" & click on the first link. [ can't post the link as i am a new user } )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	First time.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	2288956   Click image for larger version

Name:	2nd Occurence.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	2288957  

crswaminathan
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default me too

i am also facing d same problem. had done factory reset..still it persists..i dont know whether it is due to the latest update..photo quality also reduced after the latest update
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-29-00-15-29.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	2289200  

amnher
Old
Thanks Meter 214
I have these for a week now though not sum up the total storage but it never came down so far

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380401573872.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	2289413

Sent from my C2105 using xda app-developers app
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Black
16GB SanDisk Mobile Ultra 16GB Class 10 UHS Speed Class 1++

Ashoksc19
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks21 View Post
Hi guys !
I ( along with lots of other users ) am facing a big problem with Xperia L. There's some kind of memory leak with the device.
The default storage space for appsdata is 1.57 GB. However, for some unknown reason, the free space & appsdata does not add up to 1.57 GB
This problem is not just restricted to me. A lot of users are also facing this problem. The problem is temporarily solved by factory reset, but it reoccurs again after some time.

I have attached two screenshots.( took a screenshot when i encountered this problem first time & ALSO, took a screenshot after factory reset when i still had this problem )

Sony staff hasn't yet responded to this problem in this thread despite the fact that it was first reported about a month ago !!
( Google this " Xperia L issues" & click on the first link. [ can't post the link as i am a new user } )
I'd also experienced this issue
try this method, it's work.
you need a rooted phone to run this app Download
Install and Open Menu>Batch Actions>Scroll to Manipulate data>Run clear cache for user & system apps>Tick check
Reboot your phone
Check your storage again

Other app doesn't work like clean master because those apps no longer have access to clear cache for system apps.
A man's skill is defined by his actions, not the markings on his robe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashoksc19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kiicek
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Temporal solution is to turn off Walkman app n settings and not to install Spotify, because these players cause the problem. I don't know if the other music apps do the same, I didn't check it.

Wysłane z mojego C2105 przy użyciu Tapatalk 4

Hicks21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashoksc19 View Post
I'd also experienced this issue
try this method, it's work.
you need a rooted phone to run this app *****
Install and Open Menu>Batch Actions>Scroll to Manipulate data>Run clear cache for user & system apps>Tick check
Reboot your phone
Check your storage again

Other app doesn't work like clean master because those apps no longer have access to clear cache for system apps.
Thanks a lot for the suggesstion. I'll try it out in a week or so when i get my HDD back ( so that i can take a backup )
Any non-root suggestions till then ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiicek View Post
Temporal solution is to turn off Walkman app n settings and not to install Spotify, because these players cause the problem. I don't know if the other music apps do the same, I didn't check it.

I tried turning off walkman app, but that didn't work for me. & i don't have spotify installed :/

Kiicek
Old
Thanks Meter 7
When you turn off the app it stops the memory sucking, it doesn't give you the memory back. It just prevents further consumption.

Hicks21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiicek View Post
When you turn off the app it stops the memory sucking, it doesn't give you the memory back. It just prevents further consumption.

ahh.. I didn't know that..
I have a small ( probably silly ) doubt here : when i went to Settings>apps to force stop the walkman app, i noticed there were 2 walkman apps in the all apps tab( one was 140 kb & other was 4 mb approx. ). Which one should i force stop ??

Should i do this every time i switch on my phone ?

Thanks a lot.

Kiicek
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Don't force stop them, turn them off, it's the button to the right of force close button. And to be sure, turn off both Walkman apps, one of them is music visualisation.

crswaminathan
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default chrome

no need to force stop walkman or album..just stop using chrome..use other browsers like opera or firefox..then the internal memory wont decrease..also dont use official facebook app..: