Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Post Reply

[Q] Xperia L vs Xperia M

18th April 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #1  
UltraWelfare's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Xanthi
Thanks Meter: 104
 
503 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Hello xperia L people!!

I am here to ask you 1 question.
Xperia M or Xperia L?
I have searched the differences but sometimes the appearances are deceptive..
One friend of mine thinks of buying one of these two.What should I recommend him and why?
Thanks a lot ^_^.
18th April 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #2  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 7,360
 
3,992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraWelfare

Hello xperia L people!!

I am here to ask you 1 question.
Xperia M or Xperia L?
I have searched the differences but sometimes the appearances are deceptive..
One friend of mine thinks of buying one of these two.What should I recommend him and why?
Thanks a lot ^_^.

L because it uses Snapdragon 400 series processor which is newer,faster,4.3" screen which is bigger than M,and higher Adreno 305 for better gaming,8MP Camera...
18th April 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #3  
UltraWelfare's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Xanthi
Thanks Meter: 104
 
503 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling

L because it uses Snapdragon 400 series processor which is newer,faster,4.3" screen which is bigger than M,and higher Adreno 305 for better gaming,8MP Camera...

But they use the same processor, same ram and same video graphics card....and don't forget MP don't always make the difference...What matters is also the lens used by the phone..
18th April 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #4  
rahulsnair's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 396
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Xperia L have different chipset

When time comes.. The world Ll knoe
18th April 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #5  
Sharful's Avatar
Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 21
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
The last update for M is 4.3 whereas for L its 4.2.2.
L's hardware is better than M.
So if getting features of 4.3 is important to you (neither of them is going to get latest version, Kitkat) you can choose M. Otherwise it should be L.
Of course its your choice in the end.

Sent from my C2105 using xda app-developers app
18th April 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #6  
Thumbs up
Go for Moto G if you want a better phone with latest specs It's better than L nd M


Hit THANKS if it helped you
19th April 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Wow Sony finds new tester for their buggy fw updates as ur friend.
I m also a tester and also all xperia L phone holders.we doesn't hve any single stable update yet.
Every time sony fix old bugs.
Realise update
Provide new bugs


Sent from my C2104 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Sony finds new tester for buggy their fw updates as ur friend.
I m also a tester and also all xperia L phone holder.we doesn't hve any single stable update yet.
Every time sony fix old bugs.
Realise update
Provide new bugs

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st April 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
XL is slightly better hardware-wise, but XM has got upgrade to Android 4.3, while XL can only hope for 4.4 in the future (XM probably won't get it at all). If you feel comfortable with flashing custom ROMs/kernels, you can wait for CAF kernel to get done (should happen soon) and integrated into AOSPA/CM/any other ROM and get Android 4.4 before official release and have XL better than XM in every aspect. I'm not sure how KitKat development is going at XM though. If not, choice is on you - do you really want Android 4.3 features or hate concave back (it can get annoying with NFC sometimes)? Go for XM. Otherwise, XL should be a better choice.

*You is referring to your friend
XL - Xperia L
XM - Xperia M
AOSPA - Android Open Source Project - Paranoid Android
CM - CyanogenMod
NFC - Near Field Communication
Last edited by luq_; 21st April 2014 at 07:04 PM.
23rd April 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #9  
srcharged's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 78
 
267 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luq_

XL is slightly better hardware-wise, but XM has got upgrade to Android 4.3, while XL can only hope for 4.4 in the future (XM probably won't get it at all). If you feel comfortable with flashing custom ROMs/kernels, you can wait for CAF kernel to get done (should happen soon) and integrated into AOSPA/CM/any other ROM and get Android 4.4 before official release and have XL better than XM in every aspect. I'm not sure how KitKat development is going at XM though. If not, choice is on you - do you really want Android 4.3 features or hate concave back (it can get annoying with NFC sometimes)? Go for XM. Otherwise, XL should be a better choice.

*You is referring to your friend
XL - Xperia L
XM - Xperia M
AOSPA - Android Open Source Project - Paranoid Android
CM - CyanogenMod
NFC - Near Field Communication

Forget the specs and softy comparison. I have personally worked with both the handsets. and i personally feel Xperia L to have a more solid build and a more grand feel to it. Just my opinion.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia L Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank