Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can we use Sony's new ROMs with Xperia L?

Tip us?

DishanSR
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Can we use Sony's new ROMs with Xperia L?

Guys I'm just curious and pardon me if this a stupid question. I'm still a newbie for these things.

I have been using Varun's Free Xperia ROM for a while and as much as I love KitKat I do miss the Xperia features.
So can we do some workaround and use Varun's kernel with a rom of Sony's KitKat update like some building new ROMs? So we dont miss the Xperia features too?

Noomaan
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DishanSR View Post
Guys I'm just curious and pardon me if this a stupid question. I'm still a newbie for these things.

I have been using Varun's Free Xperia ROM for a while and as much as I love KitKat I do miss the Xperia features.
So can we do some workaround and use Varun's kernel with a rom of Sony's KitKat update like some building new ROMs? So we dont miss the Xperia features too?
I had the exact same question in my mind. But I thought it would be too stupid to ask.

Joery360
Old
Thanks Meter 472

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DishanSR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noomaan View Post
I had the exact same question in my mind. But I thought it would be too stupid to ask.
Varun's kernel is only compatible with AOSP 4.4.
You could use Sony Media Apps which are compatible with 4.4
Z2 camera
Z2 widgets & wallpapers