Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 45,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ThunderZap kernel sd-card

Tip us?

aerzjee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] ThunderZap kernel sd-card

I've got a question to devs here. Can someone edit TZ4.1 kernel, to mount external sd-card (i've got 32gig class 10/uhs-1) as internal? I've tried to edit init.sony.rc, but that edited kernel by me didn't work. I see no point in using that internal memory. If someone could help me with that, PM me (I just want this for my personal usage, and won't republish this anywhere).

Please help me, only this one thing is stopping me from using KK on my phone. I've tried a lot of tutorials, kitchens, scripts on Win/Linux machine, it never worked. Sometimes I could see TZ logo and boot into TWRP, but couldn't boot into system, or it just rebooted itself after 5secs of black screen.

Kosa02
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerzjee View Post
I've got a question to devs here. Can someone edit TZ4.1 kernel, to mount external sd-card (i've got 32gig class 10/uhs-1) as internal? I've tried to edit init.sony.rc, but that edited kernel by me didn't work. I see no point in using that internal memory. If someone could help me with that, PM me (I just want this for my personal usage, and won't republish this anywhere).

Please help me, only this one thing is stopping me from using KK on my phone. I've tried a lot of tutorials, kitchens, scripts on Win/Linux machine, it never worked. Sometimes I could see TZ logo and boot into TWRP, but couldn't boot into system, or it just rebooted itself after 5secs of black screen.
I'm not a developer but external memory as internal is set by default in Matrix ROM which is in Android development section. So you can try it. Or look inside it and find changes that you need.

aerzjee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosa02 View Post
I'm not a developer but external memory as internal is set by default in Matrix ROM which is in Android development section. So you can try it. Or look inside it and find changes that you need.
It has changes in vold.fstab which is deprecated in android 4.3+ so it won't work on KitKat

aerzjee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@varun.chitre15 Could You help me with it?

srcharged
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Using external as internal is risky. Could damage your card so very badly.
Quote:
Any man that doesn't learn to laugh at rejection is worthless as a man.
Device Xperia L, UB,rooted,STOCK 4.2.2 (1.14) <Custom Modded! >
NVIDIA tegra note 7 <Custom Modded LB/Unrooted>
Device history - X8,XU,XL,TN7

siankatabg
Old
(Last edited by siankatabg; 14th April 2014 at 05:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 527
I will make you ramdisk when I get home (6-8 hours),but you will need to pack it yourself, because I don't want to reshare varun's work.

P.s.- I can tell you what you need to change just send me PM.

Sent from my C2105
My works:
CM10/MiUiv5 3.4.x kernel for ARC/S and NEO/V
The Following User Says Thank You to siankatabg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aerzjee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcharged View Post
I know, but I'm a bit tired of FolderMount, because SwiftKey is showing me an error every boot, and I need to download dictionaries again, and when I've got no Internet coverage except 2G, then it's painful to do. And I bet it's faster than internal storage :P (I may be wrong)

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aerzjee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcharged View Post
Oh, forget do say, I were using that solution in vold.fstab on 4.2.2, and worked like a charm. (even since when I had galaxy s advance, and SE Arc S) It's still the same MicroSD card

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app