Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more
Post Reply

Way to debrand Xperia L c2105

OP gabrygaggio19

15th April 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Hello everyone!
I'm wondering if it's possible to debrand my xperia and install an original Sony firmware just changing my costumization number in the build.prop file and connect the phone to PC companion and make a repair installation.
Everything with bootloader locked and phone rooted.

Finally using this guide step one and two http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ation-t2355982

Is it possible? Can anyone confirm that? Or twill there be some problems?

Thanks a lot!!
Last edited by gabrygaggio19; 15th April 2014 at 02:39 PM.
15th April 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #2  
Flashing_Expert's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jihlava
Thanks Meter: 67
 
214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrygaggio19

Hello everyone!
I'm wondering if it's possible to debrand my xperia and install an original Sony firmware just changing my costumization number in the build.prop file and connect the phone to PC companion and make a repair installation.
Everything with bootloader locked and phone rooted.

Finally using this guide step one and two http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ation-t2355982

Is it possible? Can anyone confirm that? Or twill there be some problems?

Thanks a lot!!

i dont know if repair via pcc can solve this kind of problem, but i can say the simplier way to do that is flashing fw ftf via flashtool without any build.prop editing because after this youll get fresh fw without any bugs but you can try the way you mentioned here, it cant harm your phone.

repair is not 100% solution
15th April 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #3  
Joery360's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 504
 
665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrygaggio19

Hello everyone!
I'm wondering if it's possible to debrand my xperia and install an original Sony firmware just changing my costumization number in the build.prop file and connect the phone to PC companion and make a repair installation.
Everything with bootloader locked and phone rooted.

Finally using this guide step one and two http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ation-t2355982

Is it possible? Can anyone confirm that? Or twill there be some problems?

Thanks a lot!!

You can use SUS to 'update' your firmware, however it's more easy and simple by just flashing an FTF file which can be found here
Flashable FTF's

Direct link to 15.3.A.1.14 (Worldwide)
A guide to use flashtool
15th April 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery360

You can use SUS to 'update' your firmware, however it's more easy and simple by just flashing an FTF file which can be found here
Flashable FTF's

Direct link to 15.3.A.1.14 (Worldwide)
A guide to use flashtool

Thank you!
I'm from Italy but I don't find an italian FTF file there. Where can I download it? Or which file should I use?

PS what is SUS?
Last edited by gabrygaggio19; 15th April 2014 at 06:27 PM.
15th April 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #5  
Joery360's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 504
 
665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrygaggio19

Thank you!
I'm from Italy but I don't find an italian FTF file there. Where can I download it? Or which file should I use?

PS what is SUS?

You can/should use the worldwide FTF file mentioned in the reply above.
I'm from the Netherlands myself and most of West-Europe should simply use the worldwide file.

EDIT
About SUS, it stands for Sony Update Service, it's just like PC Companion but only the updating & repair of Xperia devices. It has no programs to transer files etc.
Last edited by Joery360; 15th April 2014 at 06:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joery360 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery360

You can/should use the worldwide FTF file mentioned in the reply above.
I'm from the Netherlands myself and most of West-Europe should simply use the worldwide file.

EDIT
About SUS, it stands for Sony Update Service, it's just like PC Companion but only the updating & repair of Xperia devices. It has no programs to transer files etc.

I have two last question:
From the guide I see I have to put my phone in Flash mode. Is it possible without unlocking my bootloader?
I have my phone rooted. If I flash a firmware with FTF will I lost my root?
15th April 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #7  
Joery360's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 504
 
665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrygaggio19

I have two last question:
From the guide I see I have to put my phone in Flash mode. Is it possible without unlocking my bootloader?
I have my phone rooted. If I flash a firmware with FTF will I lost my root?

1. You don't need to unlock your bootloader to flash FTF files
2. Yes, you'll need to root your phone again
The Following User Says Thank You to Joery360 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Thumbs up
I've flashed EuropeCE firmware via flashtool and Vodafone branding disapeared from my phone, along with a bunch of bloatware.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia L Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank