Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I need to relock bootloader and unroot to flash the stock rom?

Tip us?

LoddFern
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] I need to relock bootloader and unroot to flash the stock rom?

1- Do I need to unroot the phone(xperia L) and relock the bootloader to flash the stock rom?

2-Does flashing the stock rom removes CWM(I want to remove it)?

Thank's in advance!

NG3000
Old
Thanks Meter 2
you can return to stock firmware using FLASH TOOL for xperia ( google it )
With this you can lock the bootloader but before that flash the stock rom @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ocked-t2560642

and yes flashing stock rom with FLASH TOOL will also remove CWM
hit thanks if that helped because today i also returned to stock rom
The Following User Says Thank You to NG3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LoddFern
Old
(Last edited by LoddFern; 23rd June 2014 at 06:38 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG3000 View Post
you can return to stock firmware using FLASH TOOL for xperia ( google it )
With this you can lock the bootloader but before that flash the stock rom @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ocked-t2560642

and yes flashing stock rom with FLASH TOOL will also remove CWM
hit thanks if that helped because today i also returned to stock rom
Well, i'l be using flashtool to flash the stock rom, but what i am asking, is if I need to relock bootloader to flash the stock rom, and i already have a unlocked bootloader

NG3000
Old
Thanks Meter 2
no you can flash it without locking
The Following User Says Thank You to NG3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LoddFern
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
FIXED

Thank's, i have another question, can i update the system while the bootloader is unlocked?

przemek4113
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoddFern View Post
FIXED

Thank's, i have another question, can i update the system while the bootloader is unlocked?
No,you won't recive ota and can't update phone using pc companion and sus.You can only update phone using flashtool by flashing a ftf with the system.
Phone history:nokia 3310,nokia 6020,se k510i,samsung D900i,nokia 3110c,xperia x8,xperia mini pro sk17i,xperia l

Ph3n0m3n
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Xperia l update

Hello guys. I'm new to this forum and i have one simple question.
I have an Xperia L c2105 rooted and with unlocked bootloader. Today when I connected it to my pc i received a notification from PC Companion with an update. I couldn't update it because the program said that I have a modified software or something like that.

Can I update my phone without losing root and with the bootloader unlocked? If i flash the stock rom update do i lose root and my bootloader will be locked?

PS: Sorry for my english, i hope you can help me deal with this...

Ph3n0m3n
Old
Thanks Meter 0
C'mon guys no one can help me?

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app

faizalotai
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph3n0m3n View Post
Hello guys. I'm new to this forum and i have one simple question.
I have an Xperia L c2105 rooted and with unlocked bootloader. Today when I connected it to my pc i received a notification from PC Companion with an update. I couldn't update it because the program said that I have a modified software or something like that.

Can I update my phone without losing root and with the bootloader unlocked? If i flash the stock rom update do i lose root and my bootloader will be locked?

PS: Sorry for my english, i hope you can help me deal with this...
Firstly,updates via pc companion or SUS requires lock bootloader..if you have TA backup just restored it and it will be updated officially.
Second...Flashing new firmware will erased everything and your bootloader still will be unlocked if throu flashtool..
Third...when using flashtool, there are a few choices you can make like saving your data and etc but its recommended to wipe everything..
your data etc can be backup using 3rd party app..

The easiest way to root is using extended stock kernel v6 kernel..It has built in root and its binaries..
Sent while my wife goes shopping
The Following User Says Thank You to faizalotai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ph3n0m3n
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much. I didn't save TA when I unlocked the bootloader so I assume that I can't get it locked. So in this case I will do the update trough flashtool. After flashing the update I will just restore root. Have a nice day

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app