Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help : installing cwm recovery without flashing any kernel

Tip us?
 
flameonfzn
Old
#1  
flameonfzn's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 37
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: kota, rajasthan
Default [Q] help : installing cwm recovery without flashing any kernel

Hi can anyone help me in installing cwm recovery in c2104 without flashing thunderzap, phantom or any other kernel?
My device is entirely rooted with an unlocked bootloader _
 
Guynan
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 92
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Auckland
I don't know if this will work, but search xparts in the play store, it is an app for flashing xperia recoveries. Idk if it supports L though. But worth a try. Or just download a recovery from ROM manager. Also found in the play store.

Sent from my ST18i
 
Redzo
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 93
Join Date: Dec 2010
Nothing different between flashing kernels or installing recovery. Flashing kernel is way easier and faster so I would just flash this instead going around and bothering with recovery instalation.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2321550
The Following User Says Thank You to Redzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Joery360
Old
#4  
Joery360's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 456
Posts: 600
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Netherlands

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameonfzn View Post
Hi can anyone help me in installing cwm recovery in c2104 without flashing thunderzap, phantom or any other kernel?
My device is entirely rooted with an unlocked bootloader _
Recovery is intergrated in the kernel (boot.img) on Xperia devices.
 
flameonfzn
Old
#5  
flameonfzn's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 37
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: kota, rajasthan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery360 View Post
Recovery is intergrated in the kernel (boot.img) on Xperia devices.
Thank you replying, actually i wanted to flash a couple of tweaks by using cwm_but it looks like now i really have to install a kernel_i have tried both phantom and thunderzap kernels before, phantom was laggy, and games were taking a lot of time in loading on the other hand thunderzap was pretty good but it consumed a lot of battery even when i was using the max frquency at 1ghz only_can you suggest me which kernel to install then, and if it is thunderzap what should be the cpu configuration?
 
Joery360
Old
#6  
Joery360's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 456
Posts: 600
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Netherlands

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameonfzn View Post
Thank you replying, actually i wanted to flash a couple of tweaks by using cwm_but it looks like now i really have to install a kernel_i have tried both phantom and thunderzap kernels before, phantom was laggy, and games were taking a lot of time in loading on the other hand thunderzap was pretty good but it consumed a lot of battery even when i was using the max frquency at 1ghz only_can you suggest me which kernel to install then, and if it is thunderzap what should be the cpu configuration?
I'm using Extended Stock kernel by @Rachit Rawat
It's pretty solid, games like GTA SA & Minecraft run smooth.

I didn't overclock my phone, only debloated & rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to Joery360 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bhupi7411
Old
#7  
Bhupi7411's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Recovery without custom kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameonfzn View Post
Hi can anyone help me in installing cwm recovery in c2104 without flashing thunderzap, phantom or any other kernel?
My device is entirely rooted with an unlocked bootloader _
Here you go

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589320

The correct answer for your question
Enjoy

Hit Thanks if it helped you
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hit Thanks if it helped you

Click on Donate To ME to donate
---------------------------------------------------------------
Current Devices:
HTC- Windows Phone 8X,
Apple-iPod Touch 4
Sony-Xperia U


Used Devices:
Samsung-Galaxy Ace,Galaxy Y, Galaxy Fit
Apple-iPod 2G, iPhone 5, iPhone 4
Sony-Xperia U, Ericsson W580i, Xperia L
Nokia-6600,2310,5230
The Following User Says Thank You to Bhupi7411 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
flameonfzn
Old
#8  
flameonfzn's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 37
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: kota, rajasthan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery360 View Post
I'm using Extended Stock kernel by @Rachit Rawat
It's pretty solid, games like GTA SA & Minecraft run smooth.

I didn't overclock my phone, only debloated & rooted
Thank you so much man, this is just what i was looking for_
 
Bhupi7411
Old
#9  
Bhupi7411's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzo View Post
Nothing different between flashing kernels or installing recovery. Flashing kernel is way easier and faster so I would just flash this instead going around and bothering with recovery instalation.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2321550
There are HUGE differences between flashing custom Kernels and installing Recoveries Do make some research before giving others a false info
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hit Thanks if it helped you

Click on Donate To ME to donate
---------------------------------------------------------------
Current Devices:
HTC- Windows Phone 8X,
Apple-iPod Touch 4
Sony-Xperia U


Used Devices:
Samsung-Galaxy Ace,Galaxy Y, Galaxy Fit
Apple-iPod 2G, iPhone 5, iPhone 4
Sony-Xperia U, Ericsson W580i, Xperia L
Nokia-6600,2310,5230
 
lucasville
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupi7411 View Post
Here you go

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589320

The correct answer for your question
Enjoy

Hit Thanks if it helped you
How to connect phone to use this installer? I've searched forum and G. I'm stuck at "Step 1: Waiting for Device..."

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes