Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[URGENT][XL] Missing Navigation Bar, Status Bar, Unable to change wallpaper!

Tip us?

iAyush
Old
(Last edited by iAyush; 2nd February 2014 at 08:32 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation [URGENT][XL] Missing Navigation Bar, Status Bar, Unable to change wallpaper!

Hey there,

I need urgent help out here, as the title says. Here's my story.

I used the app SoftKeyZ, which worked fine for more than a month, and when I got bored with the navigation bar themes it provided, I thought to go on the default one, and I restored the backup. When it rebooted, I lost my navigation bar, status bar and whenever I try to change my wallpaper - it's not coming!

Well, I somehow managed to download Toucher Pro by GO Launcher from Google Play store, and I can manage navigation, but the problem is.. I don't have status bar and navigation bar!

I know factory reset can solve this.. but I don't want to lose my ROOT access, 100s of apps & games and other stuff (I know I can backup, but I don't have time for that :v).

Is there any possible way where I can restore my old SYSTEM UI? I have uninstalled SoftKeyZ as I tried applying other themes, it did not work..

I don't have unlocked BL, I have root access and I'm using the stock 4.2.2 ROM with latest firmware.
Need your support, urgently!

EDIT: If you can share me your SYSTEM UI, I'd be glad.. I think installing that would work!

ANDROIDier
#1 Website for the latest Android app reviews, news, tips & tutorials, walkthroughs and much more!
Follow Me On:

Do Hit The "THANKS" Button If I Helped You!
The Following User Says Thank You to iAyush For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DexterousKrupesh
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAyush View Post
Hey there,

I need urgent help out here, as the title says. Here's my story.

I used the app SoftKeyZ, which worked fine for more than a month, and when I got bored with the navigation bar themes it provided, I thought to go on the default one, and I restored the backup. When it rebooted, I lost my navigation bar, status bar and whenever I try to change my wallpaper - it's not coming!

Well, I somehow managed to download Toucher Pro by GO Launcher from Google Play store, and I can manage navigation, but the problem is.. I don't have status bar and navigation bar!

I know factory reset can solve this.. but I don't want to lose my ROOT access, 100s of apps & games and other stuff (I know I can backup, but I don't have time for that :v).

Is there any possible way where I can restore my old SYSTEM UI? I have uninstalled SoftKeyZ as I tried applying other themes, it did not work..

I don't have unlocked BL, I have root access and I'm using the stock 4.2.2 ROM with latest firmware.
Need your support, urgently!

EDIT: If you can share me your SYSTEM UI, I'd be glad.. I think installing that would work!

Just download attached files
Using root explorer copy it in system/app/
make permissions rw-r--r--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit THANKS if i appreciate
Attached Files
File Type: apk SystemUI.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.62 MB, 114 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DexterousKrupesh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iAyush
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterousKrupesh View Post
Just download attached files
Using root explorer copy it in system/app/
make permissions rw-r--r--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit THANKS if i appreciate
You're a life savior! Thanks a billion, mate!

ANDROIDier
#1 Website for the latest Android app reviews, news, tips & tutorials, walkthroughs and much more!
Follow Me On:

Do Hit The "THANKS" Button If I Helped You!
The Following User Says Thank You to iAyush For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
navigatior bar, softkeyz, status bar, xperia l