Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[URGENT][XL] Missing Navigation Bar, Status Bar, Unable to change wallpaper!

OP iAyush

2nd February 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 23

120 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey there,

I need urgent help out here, as the title says. Here's my story.

I used the app SoftKeyZ, which worked fine for more than a month, and when I got bored with the navigation bar themes it provided, I thought to go on the default one, and I restored the backup. When it rebooted, I lost my navigation bar, status bar and whenever I try to change my wallpaper - it's not coming!

Well, I somehow managed to download Toucher Pro by GO Launcher from Google Play store, and I can manage navigation, but the problem is.. I don't have status bar and navigation bar!

I know factory reset can solve this.. but I don't want to lose my ROOT access, 100s of apps & games and other stuff (I know I can backup, but I don't have time for that :v).

Is there any possible way where I can restore my old SYSTEM UI? I have uninstalled SoftKeyZ as I tried applying other themes, it did not work..

I don't have unlocked BL, I have root access and I'm using the stock 4.2.2 ROM with latest firmware.
Need your support, urgently!

EDIT: If you can share me your SYSTEM UI, I'd be glad.. I think installing that would work!
Last edited by iAyush; 2nd February 2014 at 09:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to iAyush For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 203

104 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAyush

Hey there,

I need urgent help out here, as the title says. Here's my story.

I used the app SoftKeyZ, which worked fine for more than a month, and when I got bored with the navigation bar themes it provided, I thought to go on the default one, and I restored the backup. When it rebooted, I lost my navigation bar, status bar and whenever I try to change my wallpaper - it's not coming!

Well, I somehow managed to download Toucher Pro by GO Launcher from Google Play store, and I can manage navigation, but the problem is.. I don't have status bar and navigation bar!

I know factory reset can solve this.. but I don't want to lose my ROOT access, 100s of apps & games and other stuff (I know I can backup, but I don't have time for that :v).

Is there any possible way where I can restore my old SYSTEM UI? I have uninstalled SoftKeyZ as I tried applying other themes, it did not work..

I don't have unlocked BL, I have root access and I'm using the stock 4.2.2 ROM with latest firmware.
Need your support, urgently!

EDIT: If you can share me your SYSTEM UI, I'd be glad.. I think installing that would work!

Just download attached files
Using root explorer copy it in system/app/
make permissions rw-r--r--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit THANKS if i appreciate
Attached Files
File Type: apk SystemUI.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.62 MB, 304 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DexterousKrupesh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 23

120 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterousKrupesh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're a life savior! Thanks a billion, mate!
The Following User Says Thank You to iAyush For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Tablet Same Problem on ONDA V719 Quad device
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterousKrupesh

I have same problem of my tab(ONDA V719 Quad core)...and this method doesn't work on my device... Is there any other method to get my tab soft key and notification bar back .please help me...
20th October 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 13

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzz Mukut

I have same problem of my tab(ONDA V719 Quad core)...and this method doesn't work on my device... Is there any other method to get my tab soft key and notification bar back .please help me...

the file provided on this thread only works on xperia l devices running android 4.2.2, you should search or ask for a systemui.apk compatible with your device
11th December 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
missing stock navigation bar please help
Hello guys recently I used an app named ultimate dynamic navbar it asked me to backup the stock navigation bar but I just ignored me now when I want to get back to my original navigation bar I'm not able to get it back...please help me out m having lots of problems due to this I'll be thankfull to u
I'm using Sony Xperia sp c5303 with 4.3 jelly bean
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
navigatior bar, softkeyz, status bar, xperia l
Previous Thread Next Thread