XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wanna buy this phone, but these issues confuse me

Tip us?

really_confused
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default wanna buy this phone, but these issues confuse me

i wanna buy this phone, but after reading many comments and opinions, am a little confused due to these issues :

1-touch screen sensitivity and multitouch performance
2-call quality; unnatural voices on both ends and average volume in earpiece
3-camera performance in general and especially video recording; low quality and distorted sound(i have seen samples)
4-many firmware bugs like screen tearing, flickering, youtube pixelation and audio coming out of earpiece instead of rear speaker and many other(i know there is an update coming but dunno if it will fix all bugs)

so what do u think guys? what is the truth about those issues and should i buy this phone or not? and could u plz suggest the best alternative in this price range ?

thanksssss

jmindset
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Same. I really REALLY want to buy this since it has great specs for a midrange/low phone. But I heard very mixed reviews on it.

Sent from my YP-GI1 using xda app-developers app

Joery360
Old
Thanks Meter 162

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by really_confused View Post
i wanna buy this phone, but after reading many comments and opinions, am a little confused due to these issues :

3-camera performance in general and especially video recording; low quality and distorted sound(i have seen samples)
4-many firmware bugs like screen tearing, flickering, youtube pixelation and audio coming out of earpiece instead of rear speaker and many other(i know there is an update coming but dunno if it will fix all bugs)

so what do u think guys? what is the truth about those issues and should i buy this phone or not? and could u plz suggest the best alternative in this price range ?

thanksssss
1. I've been on 4.1, 4.2 & 4.4 and I don't have problems with this.
2. I don't call that much but I have also no problems with this.
3. The stock camera app on 4.2 is sh*t, I'm using Camera ZOOM FX and it works perfect.
4. Yeah there are a few bugs on 4.2, removing the pre installed bloatware helps.

Most of these problems are firmware related. Sony has released AOSP binaries last week and we already have AOSP, OMNI, AOSPA and soon CM. So most of the firmware problems will be patched in these third-party roms.
Press if I helped you

Current Devices

Sony Xperia L Self Compiled
CyanogenMod 11 | CWM 6.0.4.7

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Official Nightlies
CyanogenMod 11 | TWRP 2.7.0.2

My Works | 15.3.A.0.26 & 15.3.A.1.14 | Halo Guide | Odin3 Guide P31xx & P51xx | Sony Media Apps
Other Devices | Chromecast | LG Optimus L7 | Samsung Galaxy Gio
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joery360 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShinOrochiX
Old
(Last edited by ShinOrochiX; 16th December 2013 at 03:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by really_confused View Post

thanksssss
Did you post something similar on the Sony Mobile forums, if so I guess this is your post.

Just refer to my answer, I am an everyday user running the stock firmware, no custom mods or anything, so you won't get a more honest opinion than this.

Good/better alternative? Forget the Galaxy Ace's I said, go for the Moto G, you will not get a better phone at this price bracket + it runs AOSP android so little/no bugs.
Previous Devices: Xperia X10 mini pro, Xperia X8 & Xperia Live with Walkman.
Current: Xperia L

Model: C2105
Android: 4.2.2 (stock)
Build version: 15.3.A.1.14
Kernel version: 3.4.0 (stock)
Baseband version: -1014
The Following User Says Thank You to ShinOrochiX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mahithlal
Old
Thanks Meter 357

DONATE TO ME
its a gud phone for everyday use and i don't have much problems with this phone it got a gud camera and lagless ui
best for gaming....

jmindset
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinOrochiX View Post
Did you post something similar on the Sony Mobile forums, if so I guess this is your post.

Just refer to my answer, I am an everyday user running the stock firmware, no custom mods or anything, so you won't get a more honest opinion than this.

Good/better alternative? Forget the Galaxy Ace's I said, go for the Moto G, you will not get a better phone at this price bracket + it runs AOSP android so little/no bugs.
The moto g seems like a good phone but no microsd card slot.... that's what ruins it for me. I prefer to have that. Not including is a big turn off for me. I plan on buying this phone through amazon for 219 dollars. I don't plan on rooting this phone if I buy it.

Revontheus
Old
(Last edited by Revontheus; 19th December 2013 at 03:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 639
L is not worth it, I hope I'm in time to save you from buying iy

L's display sucks, colors look bleak and greys look washed out

The processor is not great but it's mid-range

Go for the Xperia SL, or the higher "nxt" series

Gaming is mediocre not that good since the display sucks too

Xperia Z1 Compact/Xperia SP/Xperia J ( sold V )

Shivam Kuchhal
Old
Thanks Meter 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystogan View Post
L is not worth it, I hope I'm in time to save you from buying iy

L's display sucks, colors look bleak and greys look washed out

The processor is not great but it's mid-range

Go for the Xperia SL, or the higher "nxt" series

Gaming is mediocre not that good since the display sucks too
Why are you posting your negative views when you don't even own Xperia L?
We, the actual owners of Xperia L are enough to help people in our forum. Thanks!
Haters gonna hate
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free : Linus Torvalds

Sony Xperia L(Awesome device, performance beast): PA 4 Beta 6, Phantom Kernel v7
HTC Explorer/Pico A310e: Sense 4
Asus Nexus 7: Unrooted Stock 4.4.2
Micromax A89: Rooted Stock 4.0.4

Facebook Community of Xperia L: Sony Xperia L : Development and Discussion

The Following User Says Thank You to Shivam Kuchhal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmindset
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Is the wifi signal really as bad as most make it out to be? Im not sure if to buy the L or shell out some more money for the sp.

Joel16
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmindset View Post
Is the wifi signal really as bad as most make it out to be? Im not sure if to buy the L or shell out some more money for the sp.

Okay now that you've mentioned that, I'd suggest you go for an sp

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app