Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Xperia L 4.1.2 Stuck at Boot Animation, need help [SOLVED]

OP codename_z

7th January 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #1  
codename_z's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
I just installed a font installer app. When I just installed a new font, the app ask for reboot. I rebooted my phone and it starts normally. But after 4 or 5 times I installed the others font and rebooted again and again, at the last time I rebooted, my phone stuck at the boot animation. Even 30 minutes it doesn't past the boot animation. How to fix it?

My phone is Sony Xperia L C2105 running Android 4.1.2 (15.0.A.2.17), rooted, bootloader is still locked.
I don't want to flash my phone because it will erase my data. I have some important contact and messages that I didn't have the backup yet.
I need help, it's really important for me.

Sorry for my bad English.
I will appreciate your suggestions.
Thank you.
Last edited by codename_z; 8th January 2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Solved
7th January 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #2  
iAyush's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 23
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
Which app did you use? You know, the same thing happened with my brother's Xperia M.
7th January 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #3  
codename_z's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAyush

Which app did you use? You know, the same thing happened with my brother's Xperia M.

I use Font Installer, I just found it in Play Store and want to try that app, but I can't even use my phone now.
Did your brother got a solution for this problem?
7th January 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #4  
iAyush's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 23
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_z

I use Font Installer, I just found it in Play Store and want to try that app, but I can't even use my phone now.
Did your brother got a solution for this problem?

My brother used MyFont app..installing any font would cause a reboot for him. So, he uninstalled the app when somehow his phone started after successive retries... try remove your battery and somehow start your phone and remove that app!
Btw, he rooted via Framaroot! What about you?
7th January 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #5  
codename_z's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAyush

My brother used MyFont app..installing any font would cause a reboot for him. So, he uninstalled the app when somehow his phone started after successive retries... try remove your battery and somehow start your phone and remove that app!
Btw, he rooted via Framaroot! What about you?

how many times he tried? And how long is needed for the battery to be removed?
Okay, I'll try this method. Wish that it will be work.
I rooted my device with Motochopper. I have tried using Framaroot, but it didn't work.
7th January 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #6  
iAyush's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 23
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_z

how many times he tried? And how long is needed for the battery to be removed?
Okay, I'll try this method. Wish that it will be work.
I rooted my device with Motochopper. I have tried using Framaroot, but it didn't work.

Let me tell you again that he uses Xperia M. I have Xperia L and Framaroot didn't work for be too,I rooted using vRoot. Also, are you on the latest version. I don't think that might work but no harm trying..
7th January 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #7  
codename_z's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAyush

Let me tell you again that he uses Xperia M. I have Xperia L and Framaroot didn't work for be too,I rooted using vRoot. Also, are you on the latest version. I don't think that might work but no harm trying..

Yeah, I know. Sorry, hehehe. What the latest version? The firmware, the root tool or what?
7th January 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #8  
Joery360's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 549
 
693 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Download the correct FTF file here and flash it with Flashtool
A guide how to flash with Flashtool can be found here

Your data will be lost
7th January 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #9  
codename_z's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAyush

Which app did you use? You know, the same thing happened with my brother's Xperia M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery360

Download the correct FTF file here and flash it with Flashtool
A guide how to flash with Flashtool can be found here

Your data will be lost

Thanks all for the suggestions
But, I have found a solution for this problem.
The solution is to flash the device without wiping user data and cache (don't tick anything under the Wipe option). I just tried it and it was successful.
Now, my phone is back and I don't lose any app and my data.
But, once again, thank you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes