XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia L flash Generic ROM

Tip us?

iyurcic95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Xperia L flash Generic ROM

Hi, I want to flash the official generic world ROM of Xperia L in my phone. But I dont have the bootloader unlocked and I cant unlock it becouse it says "NOT Allowed"
My question is if I can flash the firmware with Flashtools if I dont have the bootloader unlocked...
I had and Xperia X8 and I can do that with bootloader locked, I dont know if its the same...

NiksTheFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyurcic95 View Post
Hi, I want to flash the official generic world ROM of Xperia L in my phone. But I dont have the bootloader unlocked and I cant unlock it becouse it says "NOT Allowed"
My question is if I can flash the firmware with Flashtools if I dont have the bootloader unlocked...
I had and Xperia X8 and I can do that with bootloader locked, I dont know if its the same...
yes u can flash the "stock rom/official rom" with flashtool without unlocking your bootloader......

plz download the correct rom for your device......

like if you want u can flash ur xperia L wid stock 4.1.2 or 4.2.2...........

still i think u should wait for a expert reply...i m a noob here...

Joel16
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiksTheFreak View Post
yes u can flash the "stock rom/official rom" with flashtool without unlocking your bootloader......

plz download the correct rom for your device......

like if you want u can flash ur xperia L wid stock 4.1.2 or 4.2.2...........

still i think u should wait for a expert reply...i m a noob here...
Haha what you said is pretty much it. You don't need to root not unlock your bootloader to flash an ftf.

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app

NiksTheFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel16 View Post
Haha what you said is pretty much it. You don't need to root not unlock your bootloader to flash an ftf.

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app
ya dis one!!

i read so much before attempting anything...so i got things clear pretty much.....

but how come we can unlock bootloader and he cant...???

iyurcic95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiksTheFreak View Post
ya dis one!!

i read so much before attempting anything...so i got things clear pretty much.....

but how come we can unlock bootloader and he cant...???
Thats what Im wondering!
Anyone knows why a cant unlockit? And if there is another way to unlockit? Paying somewere or somethig?

Joel16
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyurcic95 View Post
Thats what Im wondering!
Anyone knows why a cant unlockit? And if there is another way to unlockit? Paying somewere or somethig?
If it says 'unlock not allowed" you simply cannot unlock it. And at the moment you can't install custom roms or kernels, but no need to worry about that for now. I mean you just wanna flash an ftf here? so yeah go ahead.
If you need a guide on how to do it, refer to this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2337955