Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia L Gallery Missing

Tip us?
 
Mr.BUBU
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 33
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default [Q] Xperia L Gallery Missing

Hi!!

Suddenly the Gallery app was missing. Not only the icon, the app.
I was checking, and itīs probably that Some Clean Program has erased it.
Now is only the Album App on it.
I couldnīt find the apk to reinstall. Found some, but all with spam... so there were modificated...

Is there anyway to reinstall without the factory reset?

Thanks!!
 
StillBrilliant
Old
#2  
StillBrilliant's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BUBU View Post
Hi!!

Suddenly the Gallery app was missing. Not only the icon, the app.
I was checking, and itīs probably that Some Clean Program has erased it.
Now is only the Album App on it.
I couldnīt find the apk to reinstall. Found some, but all with spam... so there were modificated...

Is there anyway to reinstall without the factory reset?

Thanks!!
Factory reset won't help. On what ROM/firmware are you?
 
Mr.BUBU
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 33
Join Date: Oct 2013
Android: 4.2.2
Compilación: 15.3.A.1.14

Not rooted. Not flashed. Only stock.

Thanks.
 
StillBrilliant
Old
#4  
StillBrilliant's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2014
Then you can't have removed a system app. You could only have turned it off. Go to Settings > Apps > All > scroll down to the bottom of that list and then you see all the apps that are disabled (if any) and then you can restore them.

But I don't think there's a gallery app in stock sony firmware, because the Album app replaces it.
 
Mr.BUBU
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 33
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillBrilliant View Post
Then you can't have removed a system app. You could only have turned it off. Go to Settings > Apps > All > scroll down to the bottom of that list and then you see all the apps that are disabled (if any) and then you can restore them.

But I don't think there's a gallery app in stock sony firmware, because the Album app replaces it.

I did that... and now again. Only disabled some G+, wich is showing as disabled correctly.
But Gallery is not there.

And Gallery came with stock... maybe in it was installed for any reason. When I bought the cell, came with Android 4.1. Then update by it self.
Could be in a new firmware / update, the Gallery was deleted?
 
abhi007.john
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2014
As far as I know, there's no app named GALLERY in Xperia L. The default app is named Album. So look for Album and not Gallery in the application list.
Also you're not rooted so its not possible that the app was deleted. You should search for app called Album and clear its cache and data. Hope this works

Also, in this case I believe factory reset will work.
 
StillBrilliant
Old
#7  
StillBrilliant's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BUBU View Post
I did that... and now again. Only disabled some G+, wich is showing as disabled correctly.
But Gallery is not there.

And Gallery came with stock... maybe in it was installed for any reason. When I bought the cell, came with Android 4.1. Then update by it self.
Could be in a new firmware / update, the Gallery was deleted?
Google Plus has a gallery-like app bundled within. Try enabling that app and then update it to the latest version. You can also disable it again later
 
Mr.BUBU
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 33
Join Date: Oct 2013
Well, I have checked again as you recommend, and still canīt find the gallery app.

Also I enabled G+, but the icon Gallery is still missing...
But! always there is a But... I checked the G+ Photo Gallery, and looks pretty similar... is not the same, but very similar.
And in that moment, I remembered with gallery, there was some config to upload / syncronize with G+
So probably the G+ has changed, Or when I disabled G+ something stop and never came back again.

Some things are a mistery too. Maybe this is one of them.

Tags
gallery app missing
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Rir Yourself Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit its … more

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more