Google Play Music Customizations – XDA Xposed Tuesday

If Cyanogen Inc. has its way, you won’t be forced into the Google … more

Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Xperia L - help in flashing/updating

13th March 2014, 10:01 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Hi I would like to ask for your help on working with my Xperial L. It is free phone from my network plan so when I checked the unlock bootloader is set to NO. that is my problem at the moment. Is it still possible to root, and port a kernel/custom rom even if the bootloader cannot be unlocked? I hope you could give me the proper steps so I can arrive at the same set up as yours.

Here are the details of my unit at the moment:

Model - Xperial L C2105
Android version - 4.1.2
Build number - 15.0.A.2.17

Bootloader unlock: not allowed

I haven't started anything yet as I'm unsure which to steps to follow, hope if there's someone who had the same details can help me to root and port a kernel/rom.

Many Thanks in Advance!
Last edited by rayleigh2010; 13th March 2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
 
 
13th March 2014, 10:05 AM |#2  
Navneet Suresh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag /Universe/Earth/India/
Thanks Meter: 513
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayleigh2010

Hi I would like to ask for your help on working with my Xperial L. It is free phone from my network plan so when I checked the unlock bootloader is set to NO. that is my problem at the moment. Is it still possible to root, and port a kernel/custom rom even if the bootloader cannot be unlocked? I hope you could give me the proper steps so I can arrive at the same set up as yours.

Here are the details of my unit at the moment:

Model - Xperial L C2105
Android version - 4.1.2
Build number - 15.0.A.2.17

Bootloader unlock: not allowed

I haven't started anything yet as I'm unsure which to steps to follow, hope if there's someone who had the same details can help me to root and port a kernel/rom.

Many Thanks in Advance!

@rayleigh2010

Yes you can root & also install ROM too without unlocking (Which is risky). Kernel needs UBL so you can never have kernel for your device(AFAIK). Try to get it unlocked from your vendor or ask him for a replacement for your phone and get a Unlock able phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Navneet Suresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 10:35 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
@Navneet Suresh



Quote:

Yes you can root & also install ROM too without unlocking (Which is risky). Kernel needs UBL so you can never have kernel for your device(AFAIK). Try to get it unlocked from your vendor or ask him for a replacement for your phone and get a Unlock able phone.

what are my options then and what are the risks if I don't unlock my bootloader? I don't think my vendor would change it so I'll just have to live with it.. can you provide me a tutorial please with these limitations..I would be very grateful if you could help me. thanks again..
13th March 2014, 10:40 AM |#4  
Navneet Suresh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag /Universe/Earth/India/
Thanks Meter: 513
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
@rayleigh2010
Use the below link to root latest build it works (AFAIK).

And for roms CNT ROM has installation option for LBL.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2591290

Sent via XDA Dev' Android application.
The Following User Says Thank You to Navneet Suresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 04:50 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
@Navneet Suresh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet Suresh

@rayleigh2010
Use the below link to root latest build it works (AFAIK).

And for roms CNT ROM has installation option for LBL.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2591290

Sent via XDA Dev' Android application.

can I upgrade to 4.2.2 as well? after rooting? im good with the stock rom/kernel.. would just like to know now if I can upgrade to stock 4.2 with LBL. after rooting.. thanks!
14th March 2014, 06:23 AM |#6  
Navneet Suresh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag /Universe/Earth/India/
Thanks Meter: 513
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayleigh2010

@Navneet Suresh


can I upgrade to 4.2.2 as well? after rooting? im good with the stock rom/kernel.. would just like to know now if I can upgrade to stock 4.2 with LBL. after rooting.. thanks!

Yes you can as your boot loader will still be locked. You can upgrade via Sony Update Center

Sent via XDA Dev' Android application.
The Following User Says Thank You to Navneet Suresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes