Thanks Meter: 135

234 posts
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukulatri

Xperia M 4.3 update roll out,is their chance for L

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I think we will probably get KITKAT!!! There are more chances of kitkat than 4.3 as AOSP sources of KIKAT have been alredy released by sony....
The Following User Says Thank You to david pro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 56

112 posts
Come on brothers !!!! If Xperia M has got Android 4.3 it means our device will get 4.3 or higher(most likely) .

And remember Sony has us in AOSP project so KitKat sources are already ready , just wait till all Sony devices start getting 4.4 ,in that very timeline we will get ours, bcoz it doesn't make sense updating a mid-range device before flagships. (ZL, ZR,Zetc).

But also I don't think that you know , XM was updated before us so , even we may get ours before flagships

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to coolhz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #4  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 656

622 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukulatri

Xperia M 4.3 update roll out,is their chance for L

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhz

Come on brothers !!!! If Xperia M has got Android 4.3 it means our device will get 4.3 or higher(most likely) .

And remember Sony has us in AOSP project so KitKat sources are already ready , just wait till all Sony devices start getting 4.4 ,in that very timeline we will get ours, bcoz it doesn't make sense updating a mid-range device before flagships. (ZL, ZR,Zetc).

But also I don't think that you know , XM was updated before us so , even we may get ours before flagships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzo

Fu*k KitKat ! What we need is BUGFREE Android. Which version is only important to kids out there that believe that "everything with higher version number must be better". Grown ups don't care about that, grown ups want a phone that works properly.

Firstly, the good news is there is an update coming for Xperia L which seems to be a bug fixing update. 15.3.a.1.1.6

It hopefully will be last try from the Sony to clear bugs from the current stock ROM.

Xperia M was announced in May2013 compared to March 2013 for Xperia L.
Usually a mid-range device receives updates for a year from Sony so it seems unlikely we might be pushed to 4.4.

If Xperia L KitKat was coming, they wouldn't release buggy premature source for Kitkat. The source code is always released after the ROM has been completed and is sent out to devices !

Doing that, they not only kept many people quite to show how friendly Sony is to developers but in the mean time, it bought them time so they can come up with an excuse later that 'a year of spupport' has been given!

I am sorry to disappoint you and I hope I am wrong, but a KitKat update seems very unlikely especially with their new devices being released so naturally they would be looking to discontinue support for many others!
Last edited by Judge Joseph Dredd; 29th March 2014 at 02:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hnk1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 56

112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1

Firstly, the good news is there is an update coming for Xperia L which seems to be a bug fixing update. 15.3.a.1.1.6

It hopefully will be last try from the Sony to clear bugs from the current stock ROM.

Xperia M was announced in May2013 compared to March 2013 for Xperia L.
Usually a mid-range device receives updates for a year from Sony so it seems unlikely we might be pushed to 4.4.

If Xperia L KitKat was coming, they wouldn't release buggy premature source for Kitkat. The source code is always released after the ROM has been completed and is sent out to devices !

Doing that, they not only kept many people quite to show how friendly Sony is to developers but in the mean time, it bought them time so they can come up with an excuse later that 'a year of spupport' has been given!

I am sorry to disappoint you and I hope I am wrong, but a KitKat update seems very unlikely especially with their new devices being released so naturally they would be looking to discontinue support for many others!

I agree to some of your points

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzo

Fu*k KitKat ! What we need is BUGFREE Android. Which version is only important to kids out there that believe that "everything with higher version number must be better". Grown ups don't care about that, grown ups want a phone that works properly.

KitKat is much better , and we r no kids with that mentality, and bro no one downgrades quality in an incremental update get ur brain right :P and if u know KitKat has new drivers so most problems get solved!!!

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Talking about all this is waste of time!!! And be content as there is no big change from 4.2.2 so Sony doesn't probably want to waste development time for Android 4.3 , remember 4.2.2 UI was first seen on Xperia L , before SP , M ,V,T etc.

So we can even think a higher version is already in development

The Following User Says Thank You to coolhz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #6  
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 134

360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Xperia L will get Android 4.4 Kitkat update directly..
In May 2014, Xperia Z series will get 4.4 update, after that Xperia SP and after that Xperia L..
The Following User Says Thank You to saurabh007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 393

635 posts
More
Lol I don't think so. I doubt it'll be 4.3, just maybe 4.4 but I really can't say. Like Hnk1 said, it's '1 year period' is over. It would be surprising if there's another major update, but i wouldn't expect it. All I can ask for is that the '1.16' update clears out all the bugs for us.
Last edited by Joel16; 27th March 2014 at 07:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joel16 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #8  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 10

56 posts
More
Post Update
Xperia M recive android 4.3 and more expensive Xperia L not !
14th April 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

131 posts
Request to developers

15th April 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #10  
Flag Moga
Thanks Meter: 104

776 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhor21

Xperia M recive android 4.3 and more expensive Xperia L not !

Really ??

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread