[ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod] [GCC 4.8] [Excellent] [27/12/14] ArchiDroid V3.0.1.1

OP JustArchi

22nd February 2015, 04:02 PM   |  #381  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
More
Exclamation Interactive CPU Governor: Optimum parameters
Hello all!

I've been using this rom for quite a few weeks now and quite satisfied with it except for battery drain caused by cpu switching to max clock frequency 1.6GHz mostly. I've installed a huge number of apps, quite a few of which are really essential for me.

For quite sometime, i've been experimenting with CPU interactive frequency scaling governor and i'll try to list my results here...

by the way, a handy reference is from android source code
(*) https://android.googlesource.com/ker.../governors.txt
(*) http://bamboopuppy.com/android-cpu-f...tive-governor/
(*) http://bamboopuppy.com/android-cpu-f...mand-governor/

Coming back to our original problem, I've still not figured out the effect of a few parameters, others i've listed below.

My main goal is to extend battery life while keeping phone responsive. As individuals use their phones differently, the parameters would also have to be tuned for "optimum" performance. The crater of "interactive" governor has already done a very nice job and allows various parameters to be set.

For this purpose, I'm using kernel tuner beta app from playstore.

Parameters
============
min_sample_time: 80,000(=80milliseconds) . This parameter is used to average out cpu loads for scaling up/down frequency
boost:0, keep it to 1 would permanently keep phone's cpu to hispeed_freq (defined below)
target_loads:80 My understanding is that when cpu loads measured for min_sample_time exceeds this parameter, the cpu frequency in increased.
io_is_busy:0 to tune frequency when device is handling io requests. 1=>cpu frequency calculations include io requests, although i'm a bit confused about 0/1 setting implications.
sync_frequency: no idea what is does/controls. may be related to dual core operations
timer_slack:80000 basically to avoid cpu idle state at higher frequency, this parameter controls the time after which cpu forcibly checks if it is required to lower down the frequency if cpu is at idle state (even at higher than minimum frequency)
hispeed_freq:918000 High speed the cpu you should go in case loads are high. if the loads are still high, it switches over to the next higher frequency only after the time specified in above_hispeed_delay parameter.
up_threshold_any_cpu_freq: 85 Couldn't find any description. My guess is that if cpu loads cross this value, frequency is increased.
up_threshold_any_cpu_load:85: ?? sorry, no idea what it does
sampling_down_factor:1 applicable at highest speed, thus related to batter drain. when more than one, decision to reduce cpu speed is deferred by the multiplying factor.
timer_rate:100000 the interactive governor rate @which sampling is done. less rate means more responsive (but also battery drain)
above_hispeed_delay:250000 when cpu is at hispeed_freq, it waits for these many microseconds, before switching over to the next higher frequency. thus, if cpu is able to handle loads @hi_speed_freq, no need to go to higher frequencies and battery drain is avoided.
bootpulse_duration: 80000 temporarily switch cpu to highest frequency for this duration
go_highspeed_load:99 (?) on my phone i can't change this parameter. don't know why

Please post your results with different parameters and its effect on performance vs battery so that we could all mutually benefit from a number of test cases. Immediate effects can be observed in cooltool.

If there is any app which could plot/log cpu frequency, cpu load on the same graph wrt time, please post as that would be really helpful in understanding the effects of changing various parameters.

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Sorry i am reposting this, but i did not get any response earlier.

Is there a way to force sim2 to 3g only. sim1 can be forced by *#*#4636#*#* network info screen which supports only one sim.

As 3g network rollout is really patchy in outskirts of cities here in india, on my phone, sim2 keeps on switching from E to H+ back E+ without any reasons (even if H+ signals are strong 3-4 bars)
24th February 2015, 06:20 PM   |  #382  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
More
Battery Low Interactive governor source code
For those of you interested how various interactive cpu governor parameters affect its performance, i think this source code link(which is commented) would be very helpful:
https://android.googlesource.com/ker..._interactive.c
Last edited by para22; 24th February 2015 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Link was not included in the previous attempt.
25th February 2015, 08:12 PM   |  #383  
Flag West Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
overheat.
any lower oc kernel for this rom? 1.6GHz make my phone like stove for gaming.

ps: I tried kernel app for clocking down to 1.2GHz, it's only for core0 and core1 still 1.6GHz

* Sorry for my very bad english, use some word from google translate.
26th February 2015, 09:40 AM   |  #384  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Problem with archidroid 3.0.1.1 nicky
Hello,
I am very interested by your ROM and installed it on my Xperia M
just after installation, when configuring some parameters, i receive errors from google play service as soon as i am connected to internet, it says "application google play services has stopped" even before adding my google account. After configuration of the google account, the same error continue to appear regulary. So I disabled the google play service to avoid this messages. I had exactly the same issue with my previous ROM which was cyanogenmod11 nicky. A search on google for this problem give a lot of threads but the solutions proposed (clean data and cache) does not solve the problem for me. Any idea ?
Congratulations for the great work, archidroid is the best rom i ever seen
best regards
Jean-Paul

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpderyck

Hello,
I am very interested by your ROM and installed it on my Xperia M
just after installation, when configuring some parameters, i receive errors from google play service as soon as i am connected to internet, it says "application google play services has stopped" even before adding my google account. After configuration of the google account, the same error continue to appear regulary. So I disabled the google play service to avoid this messages. I had exactly the same issue with my previous ROM which was cyanogenmod11 nicky. A search on google for this problem give a lot of threads but the solutions proposed (clean data and cache) does not solve the problem for me. Any idea ?
Congratulations for the great work, archidroid is the best rom i ever seen
best regards
Jean-Paul

I found this in an other topic :

Quote:

1. Launch Terminal (preinstalled in ROM)
2. Type su and press Enter
3. Give root rights
4. Paste this text:

pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.droidguard.DroidGuardServic e

5. Press Enter
6. Crashing must stop
The Following User Says Thank You to jpderyck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2015, 04:12 PM   |  #385  

2 posts
Help please
Hi. I am using a custom ROM. And the recovery I am using is CWM recovery. I would like to install this ROM. Can you please help me with installation instructions ? I saw the installation instructions in this thread. But it is a bit confusing. Could you guide me to install this ROM step by step with the installation instructions ??
27th February 2015, 04:34 PM   |  #386  

7 posts
I have been about 2 months using this rom. The only annoying bug i found on my c2005 is its signal get drop to 2g and its hard to get back to 3g. I have to do reboot several times to get back to 3g.
28th February 2015, 02:27 AM   |  #387  
Thanks Meter: 7

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derinjtom

Hi. I am using a custom ROM. And the recovery I am using is CWM recovery. I would like to install this ROM. Can you please help me with installation instructions ? I saw the installation instructions in this thread. But it is a bit confusing. Could you guide me to install this ROM step by step with the installation instructions ??

Place the downloaded ROM onto the sdcard.
1.Go to recovery.
2.Wipe the cache and data.
3.Go back and chose apply update or install zip from sdcard. (Depends on which cwm)
4.Browse to where you have placed the zip, flash the ROM. After flashing successful go back to the main menu.
5.Reboot System Now.
Wait for 15 - 20 minutes for the boot up.
Last edited by PrismereKnight; 28th February 2015 at 02:30 AM.
28th February 2015, 10:05 AM   |  #388  

2 posts
Thanks a lot !
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrismereKnight

Place the downloaded ROM onto the sdcard.
1.Go to recovery.
2.Wipe the cache and data.
3.Go back and chose apply update or install zip from sdcard. (Depends on which cwm)
4.Browse to where you have placed the zip, flash the ROM. After flashing successful go back to the main menu.
5.Reboot System Now.
Wait for 15 - 20 minutes for the boot up.

Thanks a lot. It worked
Yesterday, 10:29 AM   |  #389  
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
need soundmod
I have been using archi for over 3 weeks and the most important thing that disappoint me is the missing of feel of walkman.
How much i set dsp it cant bring the walkman effect from stock.I have tried it from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2730431 but there is cut of sound in between I dont know what to do .I request for any better sound mod for this rom.
Dolby is also better I request for its port I tried to do it myself by compiling....... framework and services files as shown in a thread but they dont work .
Any good soundmod is much more appreciated and when is this getting lollipop????????

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread