Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod] [GCC 4.8] [Excellent] [27/12/14] ArchiDroid V3.0.1.1

9th March 2015, 10:12 PM   |  #391  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thumbs up +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi37

I have been using archi for over 3 weeks and the most important thing that disappoint me is the missing of feel of walkman.
How much i set dsp it cant bring the walkman effect from stock.I have tried it from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2730431 but there is cut of sound in between I dont know what to do .I request for any better sound mod for this rom.
Dolby is also better I request for its port I tried to do it myself by compiling....... framework and services files as shown in a thread but they dont work .
Any good soundmod is much more appreciated and when is this getting lollipop????????

Me too. I can't stand sound glitches, gaps an cuts during music playing, that's why I always need to go back to stock 4.3 ROM after flashing every other ROM. Do you or anyone here know a single custom ROM having decent audio performance for our device? Please do tell me.
9th March 2015, 10:22 PM   |  #392  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 30,717

7,909 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-bert

Me too. I can't stand sound glitches, gaps an cuts during music playing, that's why I always need to go back to stock 4.3 ROM after flashing every other ROM. Do you or anyone here know a single custom ROM having decent audio performance for our device? Please do tell me.

Should be fixed in upcoming 3.1.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2015, 10:32 PM   |  #393  

5 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

Should be fixed in upcoming 3.1.

Oh, thank you Sir! I'll be waiting "greedily" from now on, then yours will be the perfect ROM. I hope I'll get surprised soon.
10th March 2015, 02:56 PM   |  #394  
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Need dolby on this rom someone plz port.....................
23rd March 2015, 09:54 AM   |  #395  

6 posts
Lightbulb problem with battery
Hi!!
I have problem with google services. Spend a lot of battery. I disable g+, gmaps too and continues with my problem?
What i do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-23-09-43-56.png
Views:	162
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	3224639  
23rd March 2015, 02:13 PM   |  #396  
Berlin
Thanks Meter: 178

532 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidhero

Hi!!
I have problem with google services. Spend a lot of battery. I disable g+, gmaps too and continues with my problem?
What i do?

Hi, sorry I can't tell you in spanish, but go to Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard -> scroll down to "Google Play service" and tap long on it. The permissions show up and you have to disallow (at least) "wake up" and "keep awake", also you can disallow "Auto Start" and anything else
The same makes sense to many other "useful" apps....
26th March 2015, 02:17 PM   |  #397  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
Battery Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankokoma

Hi, sorry I can't tell you in spanish, but go to Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard -> scroll down to "Google Play service" and tap long on it. The permissions show up and you have to disallow (at least) "wake up" and "keep awake", also you can disallow "Auto Start" and anything else
The same makes sense to many other "useful" apps....

I think this is the biggest flaw of Android permissions. Rather than giving user the option to give any combination of permissions to the apps, by default android gives all the permissions to the app which it needs so that user has the only option to either install the app or not install it. In fact, iOS does much better inspite of being a locked down platform altogether. BlackBerry OS 10.3 onwards also is much better when running android applications. Unfortunately google doesn't support its play services on BlackBerry now, hence many android apps(especially google ones like gmail, docs) are not useful.

Now, for as for Privacy Guard( app ops), i think android application developers don't think that some of the application permissions can be disabled as a result, app crashes and if it is a background service, it keeps on restarting consuming even more battery.

Also, one point to note on disabling application permissions is that many apps call "android system" for accessing various device features (like location access, wake up etc), though i'm not sure about the exact mechanism. Consequently, these permissions are shown under "android system", "google services" etc as umbrella apps and disabling those isn't really helpful.

In addition to what has already been suggested, Greenify (with full administrator rights) is one app that can help. Especially helpful for those "sync" wakelocks where application is trying to sync its data to its cloud servers. Battery consumption is increased even more when we are on 2G/3G rather than on WiFi as those radios consume more power.

Another source of power loss are the sensors. According to sensor kinetics app power consumption is as follows:
Magnetometer----->0.500mA
Light sensor--------->0.500mA
Proximity sensor--->0.200mA
Accelerometer----->0.130mA

Reducing the frequency these sensors are polled would reduce power consumption. I think in our current system with current kernel, there is some problem relating to this as the readings obtained are unstable. Maybe fixing that would also help. As a side note, on my blackberry proximity sensor (red light near camera) flashes rather than running constantly, may be to reduce power.

Yet another thing to note is that if you are using link2sd and loaded a huge number of programs(or apps if you like it that way), as our device RAM is limited by today's standard(1GB), i think there is huge amount of caching, as it can be observed by running kswapd0 daemon process (or thread?). As accessing physical sdcard or eMMC chip is more power costly than RAM, maybe a better power optimized source would also help.

Another strange thing i've noted is that dex2oat is running frequently which probably means that our app java bytecode is being translated to native binary. This is perhaps the most power hungry process i've found. Whenever it runs, my cpu freq is full (@1.6Ghz overclocked) running at 100%cpu load for both the cores.

I've also tried to optimise kernel governor(interactive parameters) and noted my numbers in a post a few pages back. Also uninstalled a few extremely power hungry apps. With those and moderate phone use (~0.5-1 hour) my phone battery lasts about 2 days now.

Hope this helps.
26th March 2015, 05:42 PM   |  #398  
Berlin
Thanks Meter: 178

532 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by para22

many apps call "android system" for accessing various device features (like location access, wake up etc), though i'm not sure about the exact mechanism. Consequently, these permissions are shown under "android system", "google services" etc as umbrella apps and disabling those isn't really helpful.

Good point - how to find out which apps are "surfin'" Android System? See my post
Yesterday, 09:53 PM   |  #399  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankokoma

Good point - how to find out which apps are "surfin'" Android System? See my post

Sorry i don't have access to lollipop as yet (not available for dual sim phones) but i think one way could be to use wakelock detector apps like Wakelock detector etc to find out which android intents are causing wakelocks and then use apps like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ts.event&hl=en from play store to disable those intents.

As far as i've been able to understand, in android programs are "event driven" meaning it will register itself to some device event like wakeup/ring/alarm(periodic alert)/conectivity achieved etc, so that when those events occur, appropriate "receiver" of the app handling the said action is called.

However, do keep in mind as the developer will most likely not assume that such receivers will be blocked, most likely program would behave erratically.

The only solution I cann think of is to bombard app developer and google forums for better design of app permissions especially those related to battery, location data, and other private personal data.

Just my two rupees.

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by para22

Sorry i don't have access to lollipop as yet (not available for dual sim phones) but i think one way could be to use wakelock detector apps like Wakelock detector etc to find out which android intents are causing wakelocks and then use apps like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ts.event&hl=en from play store to disable those intents.

As far as i've been able to understand, in android programs are "event driven" meaning it will register itself to some device event like wakeup/ring/alarm(periodic alert)/conectivity achieved etc, so that when those events occur, appropriate "receiver" of the app handling the said action is called.

However, do keep in mind as the developer will most likely not assume that such receivers will be blocked, most likely program would behave erratically.

The only solution I cann think of is to bombard app developer and google forums for better design of app permissions especially those related to battery, location data, and other private personal data.

Just my two rupees.

Cheers!

Also, for your screenshot i think those are related to google sync services (triggered by alarm manager, based on time)

To disable those, either switch off sync, or remove google play services altogether and go for some other solution like amazon appstore. As google is slowly trying to become a huge data mining corporation and is pretty fond of spying its users (more than NSA does), it is highly likely google would allow us poor users remove those.

6.5 wakeups/h is pretty decent compared to some apps which have caused even 200+ wakeups/h on my phone. Just uninstalled them if not essential.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread