FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod] [GCC 4.8] [Excellent] [27/12/14] ArchiDroid V3.0.1.1

14th May 2015, 07:47 AM |#471  
Flag Mandi, HP
Thanks Meter: 22

More
@JustArchi I flashed the latest experimental this morning. Tried fully clean install thrice (formatted /boot, /data, /system, /dalvik-cache and /cache before flashing), but each time ArchiKernel installation would give an error, which meant wifi not working when booted up and max freq would also be stock (972 Mhz). Had to resort to flashing the stock kernel. ATM it's not much different from normal CM12.1 in terms of performance because we all know your kernel is the backbone of your ROM. I am using a C2004 on a C1904 firmware. Any help on what could be the reason for the kernel installation error??

EDIT: Attached Kernel error log
Attached Files
File Type: log ArchiKernelError[1].log - [Click for QR Code] (882 Bytes, 12 views)
Last edited by manal.21sinha; 14th May 2015 at 03:15 PM.

16th May 2015, 02:30 PM |#472  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 33,382

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manal.21sinha

@JustArchi I flashed the latest experimental this morning. Tried fully clean install thrice (formatted /boot, /data, /system, /dalvik-cache and /cache before flashing), but each time ArchiKernel installation would give an error, which meant wifi not working when booted up and max freq would also be stock (972 Mhz). Had to resort to flashing the stock kernel. ATM it's not much different from normal CM12.1 in terms of performance because we all know your kernel is the backbone of your ROM. I am using a C2004 on a C1904 firmware. Any help on what could be the reason for the kernel installation error??

EDIT: Attached Kernel error log

This should not happen, update recovery prior to installing AD.
16th May 2015, 02:41 PM |#473  
Flag Mandi, HP

More
Tried doing that thrice too, as even i thought recovery could be an issue. Selected the "Update Recovery" option in your ROM's AROMA installer. It would display a successful result and ask to reboot, but my recovery won't update too. It would still be CWM 6.0.something, when your ROM has TWRP bundled in it. Am i really doing something wrong, because AFAIK the AROMA installer gives me no room to do a mistake unknowingly. Do i flash TWRP independently using some other method? Which version of TWRP comes bundled with your ROM?
16th May 2015, 05:43 PM |#474  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Tried doing that thrice too, as even i thought recovery could be an issue. Selected the "Update Recovery" option in your ROM's AROMA installer. It would display a successful result and ask to reboot, but my recovery won't update too. It would still be CWM 6.0.something, when your ROM has TWRP bundled in it. Am i really doing something wrong, because AFAIK the AROMA installer gives me no room to do a mistake unknowingly. Do i flash TWRP independently using some other method? Which version of TWRP comes bundled with your ROM?

Then no doubt it's not AD problem if you can't even update recovery.

Extract boot.img from AD zip and flash on kernel block using fastboot manually.

And of course you need unlocked bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2015, 06:24 PM |#475  
Flag Mandi, HP

More
All right, will do that. I believe my bootloader is unlocked since i have tried other OC kernels. Will report soon
16th May 2015, 08:52 PM |#476  
Flag Mandi, HP

More
No success. According to flashtool I have an unlocked bootloader. I flash the kernel img, shows OKAY on the flashtool log, then when I click to reboot into system, the system goes into offline charging mode dunno why. I disconnect the cable, and poof, no new kernel, no new recovery. Everything is the same old. Tried even after formatting /boot partition in CWM. Also tried directly disconnecting the cable after flashing the kernel in fastboot mode without instructing to reboot the system. Really, there's something very peculiar. I have a sneaky feeling it could be because I have the dual sim c2004 working on a c1904 single sim firmware. This might be giving a software-hardware compatibility issue, since the kernel comes between the software and hardware. But of course, I am just speculating, since I do not have any knowledge about the nitty-gritties of kernel compatibilities etc
16th May 2015, 09:42 PM |#477  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No success. According to flashtool I have an unlocked bootloader. I flash the kernel img, shows OKAY on the flashtool log, then when I click to reboot into system, the system goes into offline charging mode dunno why. I disconnect the cable, and poof, no new kernel, no new recovery. Everything is the same old. Tried even after formatting /boot partition in CWM. Also tried directly disconnecting the cable after flashing the kernel in fastboot mode without instructing to reboot the system. Really, there's something very peculiar. I have a sneaky feeling it could be because I have the dual sim c2004 working on a c1904 single sim firmware. This might be giving a software-hardware compatibility issue, since the kernel comes between the software and hardware. But of course, I am just speculating, since I do not have any knowledge about the nitty-gritties of kernel compatibilities etc

If you're not able to change the kernel, then you're definitely not able to properly flash/use AD.

I can only suggest flashing pure Sony stock image, then starting all over again.
17th May 2015, 05:20 AM |#478  
Flag Mandi, HP

More
But then I have a dual sim c2004, which was running on a c1904 firmware backup and c1904 modem files provided by Bonoboo in this thread. Now I'm not sure what to do, whether I just use this backup again since its single sim, or download the actual dual sim ftf file and flash that using flashtool and lose out on lollipop since it doesn't support dual sim. Can I flash single sim ftf on dual sim xperia m? Or will that brick my phone?
19th May 2015, 02:28 PM |#479  
Athens
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Google Play Services
I 've just installed 4.4 but play services fc...Can anybody help???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread