[DEV] CWM for Locked Bootloader XMS,XMD. New Installer for Windows OS.

Search This thread

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
I have some bad news. My Xperia M is now starting to fail (I can't execute ANY busybox commands) and thus I can't test anything out on my device. I believe it is a failing EMMC chip/NAND memory failing due to unplugging the phone during a software flash.

Due to not being able to do much on the device I am dropping the project I'm afraid, I will upload my work in the next few days so hopefully somebody else can carry it on.

Reactions: AndyPhoenix9879

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
I will upload the files I was working with sometime on Sunday (GMT time), I haven't had a great deal of time to myself this week with work but thankfully Sunday is my day off :p

AndyPhoenix9879

Jan 26, 2014
Thank you so much for contributing so much of your time on the Xperia M eventhough the CWM didn't manage to work, but we're still grateful for your help and time! Have fun at the Xperia Z2 forum though and sorry for your Xperia M lol.

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
Thank you so much for contributing so much of your time on the Xperia M eventhough the CWM didn't manage to work, but we're still grateful for your help and time! Have fun at the Xperia Z2 forum though and sorry for your Xperia M lol.

Although it didn't work I hope someone else can carry it on and make it work. Side note; I was only working on the CWM files and not PhilZ nor TWRP, it was best to try and make one work before attempting anything on the others.

I'll still hang about the XM forums and help out whenever I can do, whether it be in help in the Q&A, stuff in the Themes & Apps, pitching in ideas with Devs for projects (I'm out of ideas for this though) or whatever else I can do. It was only a matter of time before the XM failed, I knew that when I started rooting and modding it.

AndyPhoenix9879

Jan 26, 2014
Although it didn't work I hope someone else can carry it on and make it work. Side note; I was only working on the CWM files and not PhilZ nor TWRP, it was best to try and make one work before attempting anything on the others.

I'll still hang about the XM forums and help out whenever I can do, whether it be in help in the Q&A, stuff in the Themes & Apps, pitching in ideas with Devs for projects (I'm out of ideas for this though) or whatever else I can do. It was only a matter of time before the XM failed, I knew that when I started rooting and modding it.
Man you're awesome! We appreciate the help! really! :D

blazculina0

Jan 21, 2015
Imotski
Help!

When I try to get into the recovery, the phone just stays at "SONY" sign and after a while it restarts :crying: :(
XMSS [15.4.A.1.9 (rooted) (locked bootloader)]

Last edited:

brado380

Dec 23, 2014
I get this issue "Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/cwm/busybox: Not a directory
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/cwm/step3.sh: Not a directory
sh: /data/local/tmp/cwm/step3.sh: not found

Finished!"
Help!?

I get this issue "Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/cwm/busybox: Not a directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/cwm/step3.sh: Not a directory
sh: /data/local/tmp/cwm/step3.sh: not found

Finished!"
Help!?

Please provide more information, like firmware version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated July 23, 2014. The recovery only for Stock JB 4.1, 4.2

The New Installer is for Windows OS.
    Please Set USB debug "ON" in phone and adb driver is already installed in Windows OS and of course Full root.

Link download:

New info:
    All recovery is worked as expected, recovery: CWM, PHILZ-touch, and TWRP only on firmware 4.1-4.2.
    And always read the last 10 post.

Just backing up my XM now, after I have done that I will start the testing on lower firmwares. Been a busy day and I've only been able to start doing stuff for the recoveries.

EDIT 1: Well, got some good news to report, on the 4.1.2 firmware for the Xperia M SS all 3 recoveries boot as expected (I haven't tested them). I will test on the 4.2.2 Xperia M DS firmware tomorrow morning.

EDIT 2: Some more good news, on the 4.2.2 firmware for the Xperia M DS only thw CWM and philZ recoveries boot as expected, I can't seem to install TWRP as I keep getting protocol errors in the installer. Again, I haven't tested them.
    @rachitrawat Results are now up for you to look at :)

Confirmed working on my XM. :good:

I just installed "recoverie Philz" on my XM with android 4.2.2 and it works 100%.:laugh:

Many thanks for the most excellent work.

Translated by google translator. sorry

Requirement:
    Must be full root

Quick Installation:
    • Download and extract the installer on your windows pc - http://d-h.st/QsQ
    • Open or click twice install.bat
    • Follow instruction on screen.
    • Don't forget to allow the pc, to access adb on the phone.
    • And allow adb shell in superSU.

How to boot the recovery:
    • Whatever which the recovery you use. Here the way.
    • Power off the phone. And then turn it on.
    • Wait until the pink LED is shown.
    • Press the vol up button, 1 second after the pink LED is shown.
    • Then the phone should boot to the recovery.

Mini FAQ:
    Q: the phone not shown the pink LED
    A: please check this files are in the right folder/directory.
    • /system/xbin/busybox
    • /system/bin/recovery.tar
    • /system/bin/recovery.sh
    • and this's script type file /system/bin/e2fsck
    • the original file is renamed to /system/bin/e2fsck.bin
    I think I might have made some progress towards building a working recovery today. I have started to install Ubuntu to dual boot with windows 8.1, while I haven't been able to access the desktop to Ubuntu I have been able to install it. I believe it is a graphics card problem, something I will look into tomorrow. If I am able to access the desktop and fix the problem with the dual boot I will be able to set up a build environment and start to compile the recoveries. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.
    Good news (sort of). I have managed to adapt the install.bat into a script what can be run on Linux and Ubuntu (probably Mac too as that is a Unix based system). The script is still ONLY for 4.2.2 and lower (I haven't managed to get any recovery to boot on 4.3 as of yet).

To use the script;
    1) Download the attachment on this post.
    2) Extract the zip to anywhere (preferably the desktop or the directory where the install.bat file is located).
    2a) If you extracted the file to your desktop you will have to move it to where the install.bat is located.
    3) Right click install.sh and then click properties.
    4) Click permissions.
    5) Set all the permissions to read and write and tick the box next to allow executing file as program. Click close.
    6) Open terminal.
    7) Navigate to the directory where install.sh is.
    8) Type
    Code:
    ./install.sh
    and then click enter.
    9) Install recovery on 4.2.2 and lower.
    Just backing up my XM now, after I have done that I will start the testing on lower firmwares. Been a busy day and I've only been able to start doing stuff for the recoveries.

EDIT 1: Well, got some good news to report, on the 4.1.2 firmware for the Xperia M SS all 3 recoveries boot as expected (I haven't tested them). I will test on the 4.2.2 Xperia M DS firmware tomorrow morning.

EDIT 2: Some more good news, on the 4.2.2 firmware for the Xperia M DS only thw CWM and philZ recoveries boot as expected, I can't seem to install TWRP as I keep getting protocol errors in the installer. Again, I haven't tested them.
    @rachitrawat Results are now up for you to look at :)
    If I'm right it won't flash due to it being modified and unsigned and locked bootloaders only accepting signed boot.img's.

You're right but I'm talking about root and flashing from ROM itself and not bootloader. You can always use dd on /dev/block then.