Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Towel Root] [LB] [XMS/XMD] Steps to Get Full Root

Tip us?
 
King
Old
#111  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthtcr View Post
These are the steps i followed and get full root without get any bootloop, restart problem while mounting system partioning..
actually im not a owner of the scripts/apps used in this procedure, im just shared here..
all credits goes to original developer!!!
ROOT XMS/XMD 4.3 JB USING TOWEL ROOT
REQUIRED FILES:

Towel Root.apk

RemountReboot Fix by Abrar9322

STEPS:

Before starting the steps you need adb in pc..
so please install from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979

1. Install towel root and execute it, device will reboot after the execution.
2. Install latest SuperSU(v1.99 or newer).
3. Install latest busybox
4. Copy remountrebootfix.zip anywhere on your computer and extract it.
5. Open the extracted folder and run install.bat
6. select option 1( for SuperSu ) then press enter.
7. It asks you to connect your device.
8. Now Connect your mobile with usb debugging enabled.

[ if you don't know how enable usb debugging, follow this...
Go to settings>developer options>USB debugging.
If you don't have developer option, go to settings > about phone > press on the build
number 7 times until it says 'you are
now a developer' ]

9. Grant Root permission when prompt.
10. Follow on screen instruction.
11.Device will reboot, then enjoy full root with locked bootloader...!!!!

!!!!YOU CAN USE GL2SD, LINK2SD, FOLDERMOUNT APPS WITHOUT ANY RESTART PROBLEM!!!!!
SPL Thanks to @geohot, @Snoop05, @mbc07 , @Abrar9322, @ansebovi, @ananthtcr and the one and all who encouraged me.....
hi, can you exactly tell me how to install adb in pc
 
Sangeeth1
Old
#112  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2014
Question A few doubts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthtcr View Post
These are the steps i followed and get full root without get any bootloop, restart problem while mounting system partioning..
actually im not a owner of the scripts/apps used in this procedure, im just shared here..
all credits goes to original developer!!!
ROOT XMS/XMD 4.3 JB USING TOWEL ROOT
REQUIRED FILES:

Towel Root.apk

RemountReboot Fix by Abrar9322

STEPS:

Before starting the steps you need adb in pc..
so please install from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979

1. Install towel root and execute it, device will reboot after the execution.
2. Install latest SuperSU(v1.99 or newer).
3. Install latest busybox
4. Copy remountrebootfix.zip anywhere on your computer and extract it.
5. Open the extracted folder and run install.bat
6. select option 1( for SuperSu ) then press enter.
7. It asks you to connect your device.
8. Now Connect your mobile with usb debugging enabled.

[ if you don't know how enable usb debugging, follow this...
Go to settings>developer options>USB debugging.
If you don't have developer option, go to settings > about phone > press on the build
number 7 times until it says 'you are
now a developer' ]

9. Grant Root permission when prompt.
10. Follow on screen instruction.
11.Device will reboot, then enjoy full root with locked bootloader...!!!!

!!!!YOU CAN USE GL2SD, LINK2SD, FOLDERMOUNT APPS WITHOUT ANY RESTART PROBLEM!!!!!
SPL Thanks to @geohot, @Snoop05, @mbc07 , @Abrar9322, @ansebovi, @ananthtcr and the one and all who encouraged me.....


Hi. I'm 100% new to android. Till last month I was in the wold of Symbian belle 808. Xperia m dual is my first Android phone and I'm about to root it. So I've been through the forum and found this. I'm running 4.3 JB 15.5.a.1.5. and have some doubts.

1) Is this the proper method to root my version of xmd?
2) Can I remove boltware from my phone after this method?
3) Is this a reversible process? I mean is there any unroot possible?
4) If yes how? (Because this phone is about to get a month old, so just in case if I need to bring it for a service. )
5) Does app2sd (app mgr3) works after this for moving apps to sd card? ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.app2sd&hl=en)

Thanks..
 
amahgfur
Old
#113  
amahgfur's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Yogyakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeeth1 View Post
Hi. I'm 100% new to android. Till last month I was in the wold of Symbian belle 808. Xperia m dual is my first Android phone and I'm about to root it. So I've been through the forum and found this. I'm running 4.3 JB 15.5.a.1.5. and have some doubts.

1) Is this the proper method to root my version of xmd?
2) Can I remove boltware from my phone after this method?
3) Is this a reversible process? I mean is there any unroot possible?
4) If yes how? (Because this phone is about to get a month old, so just in case if I need to bring it for a service. )
5) Does app2sd (app mgr3) works after this for moving apps to sd card? ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.app2sd&hl=en)

Thanks..
1. Yes
2. Only some, not all.
3. Yes
4. Open the SuperSU setting and choose Full Unroot
5. Not sure. I've tried but always bootloop, so I don't use app2sd or link2sd for now
Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V | Unlocked Bootloader
Sony Xperia M Dual | Stock 15.5.A.1.5 | Locked Bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to amahgfur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Sangeeth1
Old
#114  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahgfur View Post
1. Yes
2. Only some, not all.
3. Yes
4. Open the SuperSU setting and choose Full Unroot
5. Not sure. I've tried but always bootloop, so I don't use app2sd or link2sd for now
Thanks bro. But what do u mean by boot loop? If it occurs how can we exit to a normal boot?
Also Facebook+updates and Chrome+ updates have eaten a lot of my storage, so i'd like to uninstall it. Is your xmd rooted? Also i heard peoples complaining about lost OTA updates after rooting. Any truth about that in xmd?
 
Android Bob
Old
#115  
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 45
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeeth1 View Post
Thanks bro. But what do u mean by boot loop? If it occurs how can we exit to a normal boot?
Also Facebook+updates and Chrome+ updates have eaten a lot of my storage, so i'd like to uninstall it. Is your xmd rooted? Also i heard peoples complaining about lost OTA updates after rooting. Any truth about that in xmd?
If you root your phone with a Locked Bootloader you will still receive Sony updates.
Link2SD does not support Apps2sd on the Xperia M even with root access. You need Foldermount for that.
With full root access, you can remove any /system/app files you like. Remember, most system app files support the running of you system, but those like Chrome, FB, twitter and Google Hangouts can be removed/uninstalled
The Following User Says Thank You to Android Bob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
amahgfur
Old
#116  
amahgfur's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Yogyakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeeth1 View Post
Thanks bro. But what do u mean by boot loop? If it occurs how can we exit to a normal boot?
Also Facebook+updates and Chrome+ updates have eaten a lot of my storage, so i'd like to uninstall it. Is your xmd rooted? Also i heard peoples complaining about lost OTA updates after rooting. Any truth about that in xmd?
bootloop = stuck in sony logo when rebooting, and will reboot forever. the solution is to remove your SD card and reboot.
mine is rooted, but I cannot install link2sd for reasons I'm still trying to find out
Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V | Unlocked Bootloader
Sony Xperia M Dual | Stock 15.5.A.1.5 | Locked Bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to amahgfur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Sangeeth1
Old
#117  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Bob View Post
If you root your phone with a Locked Bootloader you will still receive Sony updates.
Link2SD does not support Apps2sd on the Xperia M even with root access. You need Foldermount for that.
With full root access, you can remove any /system/app files you like. Remember, most system app files support the running of you system, but those like Chrome, FB, twitter and Google Hangouts can be removed/uninstalled
Alright, so does this method unlocks my boot loader? Hope it doesn't. So after removing all the bolt wares if I choose full un root from super su, then is everything back to normal/stock condition ? I mean If moving apps are not working like said in the other reply, then the only purpose of me to root is removing those bolt wares. So I've no further use with root access for now.
 
knitesh813
Old
#118  
knitesh813's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New delhi
Exclamation Nope

No it doesn't unlock BL...and uninstalling some apps may cause system instability so be careful with that
 
amahgfur
Old
#119  
amahgfur's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Yogyakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeeth1 View Post
Alright, so does this method unlocks my boot loader?
No. Rooting is different from unlocking bootloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeeth1 View Post
So after removing all the bolt wares if I choose full un root from super su, then is everything back to normal/stock condition ?
Yes
Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V | Unlocked Bootloader
Sony Xperia M Dual | Stock 15.5.A.1.5 | Locked Bootloader
 
Brooklynvivek
Old
#120  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2014
Default link2sd works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeeth1 View Post
Thanks bro. But what do u mean by boot loop? If it occurs how can we exit to a normal boot?
Also Facebook+updates and Chrome+ updates have eaten a lot of my storage, so i'd like to uninstall it. Is your xmd rooted? Also i heard peoples complaining about lost OTA updates after rooting. Any truth about that in xmd?
link2sd will work.
but you have to create a partition in your sd card.
you can use mini partition tool wizard.
try searching this on google.
you can also see videos on youtube, how to use this tool.....
try it ......

The Following User Says Thank You to Brooklynvivek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes