[Towel Root] [LB] [XMS/XMD] Steps to Get Full Root

OP ananthtcr

9th February 2015, 12:30 PM   |  #161  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
stuck at waiting for device
Just for anyone out there who also tends toward the noob category and might also have had this problem...

everything worked fine until remountrebootfix installation, where the process got stuck at "Waiting for Device, connect USB cable now."

If you're like me and took a slightly different approach than this post (i.e. unlocked your bootloader, got stuck in bootloop, then flashed firmware anew, before starting towelroot and etc.) you might think you've installed all possible USB drivers on your (windows 8) PC as many times as possible, but in fact you haven't. So get into your Device Manager and install the android_winusb again.

that ought to fix it.
10th February 2015, 06:21 AM   |  #162  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisuser

Where can I get this version?

brother this was fair use, I hope it works for you.
see attached below.
Attached Files
File Type: apk stericson.busybox.donate.143.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.29 MB, 12 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt_Rd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2015, 07:52 AM   |  #163  

1 posts
Unhappy gl2sd restarts my phone
RemountReboot Fix installed successfully, but it doesn't help to prevent the reboot while using gl2sd. Please help me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthtcr

These are the steps i followed and get full root without get any bootloop, restart problem while mounting system partioning..
actually im not a owner of the scripts/apps used in this procedure, im just shared here..
all credits goes to original developer!!!
ROOT XMS/XMD 4.3 JB USING TOWEL ROOT
REQUIRED FILES:

Towel Root.apk

RemountReboot Fix by Abrar9322

STEPS:

Before starting the steps you need adb in pc..
so please install from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979

1. Install towel root and execute it, device will reboot after the execution.
2. Install latest SuperSU(v1.99 or newer).
3. Install latest busybox
4. Copy remountrebootfix.zip anywhere on your computer and extract it.
5. Open the extracted folder and run install.bat
6. select option 1( for SuperSu ) then press enter.
7. It asks you to connect your device.
8. Now Connect your mobile with usb debugging enabled.

[ if you don't know how enable usb debugging, follow this...
Go to settings>developer options>USB debugging.
If you don't have developer option, go to settings > about phone > press on the build
number 7 times until it says 'you are
now a developer' ]

9. Grant Root permission when prompt.
10. Follow on screen instruction.
11.Device will reboot, then enjoy full root with locked bootloader...!!!!

!!!!YOU CAN USE GL2SD, LINK2SD, FOLDERMOUNT APPS WITHOUT ANY RESTART PROBLEM!!!!!
SPL Thanks to @geohot, @Snoop05, @mbc07 , @Abrar9322, @ansebovi, @ananthtcr and the one and all who encouraged me.....

12th February 2015, 10:39 AM   |  #164  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by james326

RemountReboot Fix installed successfully, but it doesn't help to prevent the reboot while using gl2sd. Please help me.

Well, in my case I'm using Link2SD and foldermount, and so far everything is going swimmingly.
but on second thought, do the following test:
gl2sd uninstall and then install the universal init.d init.d seeks to give support, then restart your phone and try again with gl2sd.
Last edited by Kurt_Rd; 12th February 2015 at 10:42 AM. Reason: reminds let you know the outcome, so others will guide solution to a similar problem, thanks.
17th February 2015, 06:32 AM   |  #165  

1 posts
Unhappy remountrebootfix step not working
Please help me all,step is completed only last step is not willing I've tried every trick n i did usb debugging still not working please help
18th February 2015, 02:00 PM   |  #166  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatrahul

Please help me all,step is completed only last step is not willing I've tried every trick n i did usb debugging still not working please help

if you have completed the above steps have USB debugging enabled, but just check the configuration is activated. know you could do ??; sony flashtool installed, so you will have all the drivers installed sony because you may be missing some driver
22nd February 2015, 04:48 AM   |  #167  

8 posts
I have a question that, in firmware folder of flashtool I see a BLrelock ftf.... Is it for relocking the bootloader

Sent from my C2004
22nd February 2015, 11:20 PM   |  #168  
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
More
Hello, one question from me. I have installed super su and busy box as shown in this how to, but after 11th step super su states that su binary isn't available. When i invoke su command in terminal i'm root user, but apps can't obtain root privileges. Could you point me what i'm doing wrong?

Used device is C1905 jb4.3 15.4.A.0.23 with LBL.

Sent from my D5803 using XDA Free mobile app

---edit---
I've found the root cause of my problem. Now all is working properly. Link2sd is fully working.
The full explanation of my issue is available at
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53481440

And the resolution can be found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53490030

Thanks for how to.
Last edited by gegu2; Yesterday at 06:45 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread