[Towel Root] [LB] [XMS/XMD] Steps to Get Full Root

Search This thread

rochs

Feb 9, 2015
stuck at waiting for device

Just for anyone out there who also tends toward the noob category and might also have had this problem...

everything worked fine until remountrebootfix installation, where the process got stuck at "Waiting for Device, connect USB cable now."

If you're like me and took a slightly different approach than this post (i.e. unlocked your bootloader, got stuck in bootloop, then flashed firmware anew, before starting towelroot and etc.) you might think you've installed all possible USB drivers on your (windows 8) PC as many times as possible, but in fact you haven't. So get into your Device Manager and install the android_winusb again.

that ought to fix it.

james326

Feb 11, 2015
gl2sd restarts my phone

RemountReboot Fix installed successfully, but it doesn't help to prevent the reboot while using gl2sd. Please help me. :(
These are the steps i followed and get full root without get any bootloop, restart problem while mounting system partioning..
actually im not a owner of the scripts/apps used in this procedure, im just shared here..
all credits goes to original developer!!!
ROOT XMS/XMD 4.3 JB USING TOWEL ROOT
REQUIRED FILES:

Towel Root.apk

RemountReboot Fix by Abrar9322

STEPS:

Before starting the steps you need adb in pc..
so please install from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

1. Install towel root and execute it, device will reboot after the execution.
2. Install latest SuperSU(v1.99 or newer).
3. Install latest busybox
4. Copy remountrebootfix.zip anywhere on your computer and extract it.
5. Open the extracted folder and run install.bat
6. select option 1( for SuperSu ) then press enter.
7. It asks you to connect your device.
8. Now Connect your mobile with usb debugging enabled.

[ if you don't know how enable usb debugging, follow this...
Go to settings>developer options>USB debugging.
If you don't have developer option, go to settings > about phone > press on the build
number 7 times until it says 'you are
now a developer' ]

9. Grant Root permission when prompt.
10. Follow on screen instruction.
11.Device will reboot, then enjoy full root with locked bootloader...!!!!

!!!!YOU CAN USE GL2SD, LINK2SD, FOLDERMOUNT APPS WITHOUT ANY RESTART PROBLEM!!!!!
SPL Thanks to @geohot, @Snoop05, @mbc07 , @Abrar9322, @ansebovi, @ananthtcr and the one and all who encouraged me.....

Kurt_Rd

Feb 7, 2015
RemountReboot Fix installed successfully, but it doesn't help to prevent the reboot while using gl2sd. Please help me. :(

Well, in my case I'm using Link2SD and foldermount, and so far everything is going swimmingly.
but on second thought, do the following test:
gl2sd uninstall and then install the universal init.d init.d seeks to give support, then restart your phone and try again with gl2sd.

Last edited:

thatrahul

Feb 17, 2015
remountrebootfix step not working

Please help me all,step is completed only last step is not willing I've tried every trick n i did usb debugging still not working please help

Kurt_Rd

Feb 7, 2015
Please help me all,step is completed only last step is not willing I've tried every trick n i did usb debugging still not working please help

if you have completed the above steps have USB debugging enabled, but just check the configuration is activated. know you could do ??; sony flashtool installed, so you will have all the drivers installed sony because you may be missing some driver

coolbuddie

Jan 22, 2015
I have a question that, in firmware folder of flashtool I see a BLrelock ftf.... Is it for relocking the bootloader :confused:

Sent from my C2004

gegu2

Dec 25, 2014
Hello, one question from me. I have installed super su and busy box as shown in this how to, but after 11th step super su states that su binary isn't available. When i invoke su command in terminal i'm root user, but apps can't obtain root privileges. Could you point me what i'm doing wrong?

Used device is C1905 jb4.3 15.4.A.0.23 with LBL.

Sent from my D5803 using XDA Free mobile app

---edit---
I've found the root cause of my problem. Now all is working properly. Link2sd is fully working.
The full explanation of my issue is available at
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53481440

And the resolution can be found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53490030

Thanks for how to.

Last edited:

senatriaputra

Mar 9, 2015
These are the steps i followed and get full root without get any bootloop, restart problem while mounting system partioning..
actually im not a owner of the scripts/apps used in this procedure, im just shared here..
REQUIRED FILES:

Towel Root.apk

STEPS:

If you don't have developer option, go to settings > about phone > press on the build
now a developer' ]

!!!!YOU CAN USE GL2SD, LINK2SD, FOLDERMOUNT APPS WITHOUT ANY RESTART PROBLEM!!!!!
SPL Thanks to @geohot, @Snoop05, @mbc07 , @Abrar9322, @ansebovi, @ananthtcr and the one and all who encouraged me.....

is it possible to use this root method to backup TA partition (DRM keys)?

Radiohead5

Mar 15, 2015
Thank you!

Kudos to you guys. The 2Gb limitation (<1Gb after tax, lol) on this stupid phone was infuriating.

So far so good, following the perfect instructions, it's rooted!

Thanks again!

senatriaputra

Mar 9, 2015
REQUIRED FILES:

Towel Root.apk

STEPS:

now a developer' ]

[ASAP] Is it possible to UBL XMS after root using this method? Please answer it. Thank you.

senatriaputra

Mar 9, 2015
If you are in unlocked bootloader, then you are not needed this one..

Just install any recovery, i recommend Philz touch..

Then install Supersu.zip from recovery..

Its very easy...
:D

No, I haven't unlock the bootloader, so I want to unlock the bootloader after root the device with this rooting method. Actually, I want to Install a custom rom on xperia M, but before I install it, I have to Unlock Bootloader, so what do you think about my condition? Please, I need your advice.

ananthtcr

Apr 11, 2014
Thoothukkudi
No, I haven't unlock the bootloader, so I want to unlock the bootloader after root the device with this rooting method. Actually, I want to Install a custom rom on xperia M, but before I install it, I have to Unlock Bootloader, so what do you think about my condition? Please, I need your advice.

Go ahead, but beware one thing..

After Unlocking Bootloader your phone wont boot up, so you need to flash a stock rom .:p

So start and keep ready with stock rom..

Best of Luck..:eek:

coolbuddie

Jan 22, 2015
hey i unlocked bootloader of my device using flashtool it got unlocked and says saving unlock code and promoted me to disconnect and restart the phone.Got bootloop ,then i flashed the stock rom and my phone started :)
so i want to ask that is the bootloader of my device is unlocked?:confused: plz need help here i want to use cm and can i now flash cwm recovery ?my device xmd c2004 4.3. plz help me out
thanks in advance
solved. it was unlocked:good::p

Last edited:

babyyeobo14

Oct 5, 2012
Philippines
i followed all the steps above but when i open the .bat file this is always show to my computer please help me..

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 187

rockstar91

May 31, 2015
hi..i have successfully rooted my xperia m..everything is fine..but afer a day the " supersu " not working...says...."""Unfortunately supersu stopped""" ...

how can i solve this?please help...and I re installed the supersu...but still no change...but it asks for grant permissions for running some apps..

and if i repair or reset my phone through sony pc companion, then can i reload the stock firmware or not?
Thanx in advance

Top Liked Posts