Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 [OpenDelta]

Tip us?

dastan4eva
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyothisthaliath View Post
Buddy, how can i flash one zip and keep another? It's the same man. I had this trouble in CM 11 update 25. Then only I tried again with update 30. Still it's not working
I don't want to lose my data, otherwise I would try a clean flash. Any idea guys?

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Free mobile app
Da i don't know what's the problem then, everything works for me, all i did is keep the old zip as Percy mentioned and ota works like a charm. I still think that there's something wrong in what you are doing as this is simple and works fine for everyone else, either that or something is conflicting. Btw where do you keep the zip - internal or external?

jyothisthaliath
Old
(Last edited by jyothisthaliath; 21st August 2014 at 04:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastan4eva View Post
Da i don't know what's the problem then, everything works for me, all i did is keep the old zip as Percy mentioned and ota works like a charm. I still think that there's something wrong in what you are doing as this is simple and works fine for everyone else, either that or something is conflicting. Btw where do you keep the zip - internal or external?
In the root of SD card. It is getting picked up alright, as I can see the progress bar running while it verified the zip file. I just shot a screen video if someone wants to take a look at the process : https://vid.me/AFn

haresh311999
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
In the root of SD card. It is getting picked up alright, as I can see the progress bar running while it verified the zip file. I just shot a screen video if someone wants to take a look at the process : https://vid.me/AFn

Manually download a latest zip and flash it and then move the zip to sdcard1/opendelta and just check for the ota updates other day it will be working fine...

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk 4

surajrv6
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

I am not an expert, but i can suggest you one thing. Try and extract that zip and zip it again and make the compression method to store, because zip created by opendelta have compression method to store, (i guess) or delete all files from opendelta folder and delete opendelta cache

jyothisthaliath
Old
(Last edited by jyothisthaliath; 23rd August 2014 at 05:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by surajrv6 View Post
I am not an expert, but i can suggest you one thing. Try and extract that zip and zip it again and make the compression method to store, because zip created by opendelta have compression method to store, (i guess)
Didn't stand a chance, when I tried that zip , it didn't even got identified in the file scanning. But the updater immediately started to download the latest full update zip (not the delta)

Quote:
Originally Posted by surajrv6 View Post
delete all files from opendelta folder and delete opendelta cache
Deleting app cache and data seemed like a good idea to try. But sadly didn't work out Still its not updating.
My best guess is that something weird is happening at the moment it finishes verifying my zip file that all of a sudden the update is halted with no indication of success or failure :-/
Someone wants to check out the logcat?
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (14.7 KB, 3 views)

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,968
Closed at the request of the OP

Quote:
Please close the thread and add the below message in your closing post .
"Sony Xperia M is now officially added into cyanogenmod nightlies http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/71160/ ,therefore now this project is closed "

Thank you,
Percy
Thread closed

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
opendelta cm11 for xperia m
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe