FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Gaming Performance Tweaks (4.3, Root, Locked)

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By -FliP-, Member on 3rd July 2014, 08:34 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Upgrading to 4.3 already improved gaming performance, but it is still not enough. Considering Chainfire3D is not compatible with 4.3+, there must be other options to increase gaming performance such as decreasing texture quality.
Decreasing the resolution does not have much effect as Xperia M is already running on a low resolution. I lowered it slightly, but I barely get any noticable increase.

Recently, Dragon Quest 8 has been ported to Android and I am using it as my Gaming Performance measurement.
It runs well and very playable, but it still lags now and then during sequences and I want to completely get rid of that. The graphics of the game look amazing (considering its a PS2 game on Android), but I'd be comfortable with smoother gameplay instead of great graphics.

I found some tweaks such as Medusa, but as mentioned my phone has a Locked BootLoader and it cannot be unlocked. I already disabled all animation effects in Developer Settings.

3rd July 2014, 10:52 AM |#2  
Flag dublin
Thanks Meter: 269

More
I personally use medusa and reincarnation engine at the same time and my phone runs like a damn cheetah.oh and you don't need an unlocked bootloader to install these mods, all you have to have is root, busybox, and init.d support. And then download the mods amd place the files in their appropriate folders and set the correct permissions to each file. You don't need CWM. this method actually works for a lot of mods, you can try it out if you wish. Good luck
3rd July 2014, 01:04 PM |#3  
Flag South Cotabato
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Yea.medusa script is good.best battery life ever and speed is amazing

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd July 2014, 03:39 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Good to know that Medusa doesnt require CWM. I'll try it out later.
Are there any other tweaks and will Medusa interfere with them?
3rd July 2014, 05:49 PM |#5  
Flag South Cotabato

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FliP-

Good to know that Medusa doesnt require CWM. I'll try it out later.
Are there any other tweaks and will Medusa interfere with them?

It is okay .you should try medusa and reincarnation .
3rd July 2014, 06:39 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Any suggestions on how to install them? Since the official post says it requires CWM.
Which files and where should I move them?
3rd July 2014, 06:46 PM |#7  
Flag South Cotabato

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FliP-

Any suggestions on how to install them? Since the official post says it requires CWM.
Which files and where should I move them?

You mean reincarnation ? I used Reincarnation lately but it seems that Medusa is better , So you should only use Medusa .

extract all files then move it to /system then change permission CHECK ALL BOXES after you change that permission move them to /system/etc/int.d paste them there .then reboot .

Oh btw you need busybox and int .d support .
Last edited by Farsiris; 3rd July 2014 at 07:08 PM.
3rd July 2014, 07:54 PM |#8  
Flag dublin
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsiris

You mean reincarnation ? I used Reincarnation lately but it seems that Medusa is better , So you should only use Medusa .

extract all files then move it to /system then change permission CHECK ALL BOXES after you change that permission move them to /system/etc/int.d paste them there .then reboot .

Oh btw you need busybox and int .d support .

Why should he only use medusa. Reincarnation engine and medusa do not interfere with each other soyou can have them both installed.
4th July 2014, 05:33 AM |#9  
Flag South Cotabato

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paper13579

Why should he only use medusa. Reincarnation engine and medusa do not interfere with each other soyou can have them both installed.

Then tell him how he can use Reincarnation in locked bootloader .as if you know what permission to use !
4th July 2014, 06:55 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Lightbulb root jb4.3
how to root for jb4.3...
.have tried several mehods but unsuccesfull
plzz give stepwise instructions
4th July 2014, 09:02 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshpandey84

how to root for jb4.3...
.have tried several mehods but unsuccesfull
plzz give stepwise instructions

TowelRoot and apply Rootfix or the long, but my preferred way:
-Flash stock 4.1.2 using FlashTool
-Extract system.sin from 4.3.ftf file using FlashTool, you should get a system.ext4 file
-Download Nicki Root and put the system.ext4 file where the root.bat is
-Download Framaroot, install it and select SuperSU and Gandalf, run it multiple times until you have SuperSU installed on your phone
-run root.bat and follow instructions
-flash the stock 4.3 ftf but exclude System
Done
All of this can be found on xda easily, just google for 'root xperia m 4.3'.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)