Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more
Post Reply

[Q]battery not fully charging

OP AggelosGR

19th August 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Hello.got xperia m before 4-5 days.its with cm11 and i got an issue with battery.when i charge my phone close i can see that it is 100% charged.but when i open it it drops to 95% fast. Same thing happens if i charge it open. When i replug the charger it goes to 99% normaly but after it takes much time to go 100%. Is this normal?i also try calibrating battery removing battery.bin and also tried removing battery for 10min.no luck at anything
20th August 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #2  
prppedro's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag São Paulo (Capital)
Thanks Meter: 6
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Battery Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosGR

Hello.got xperia m before 4-5 days.its with cm11 and i got an issue with battery.when i charge my phone close i can see that it is 100% charged.but when i open it it drops to 95% fast. Same thing happens if i charge it open. When i replug the charger it goes to 99% normaly but after it takes much time to go 100%. Is this normal?i also try calibrating battery removing battery.bin and also tried removing battery for 10min.no luck at anything

It looks like it has some wear. Because you're probably out of warranty by flashing another ROM, may be it's a good idea go searching for another battery. If I'm not mistaken, there are some 1900 mAh batteries arround compatible with Xperia M (the default one being 1750 mAh).

But you can try to turn airplane mode on, then go to Settings > Performance > CPU and setting maximum CPU speed to 486000, as well as the CPU governor to powersave, then checking the option to restore these options every boot. Level brightness down to the minimum.

Now, let it charge to 100%, disconnecting the charger, after. See if it drops. If it still dropping, it's battery wear. Of course, the time it lasts depends on how much time you spent with screen on and what tasks are you performing, i.e.: if you're playing Fruit Ninja right after disconnecting the charger, with medium brightness, it's not imposible to drain 7% right at the first three to five minutes.

Well, may you post a screenshot of battery usage graph?
20th August 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prppedro

It looks like it has some wear. Because you're probably out of warranty by flashing another ROM, may be it's a good idea go searching for another battery. If I'm not mistaken, there are some 1900 mAh batteries arround compatible with Xperia M (the default one being 1750 mAh).

But you can try to turn airplane mode on, then go to Settings > Performance > CPU and setting maximum CPU speed to 486000, as well as the CPU governor to powersave, then checking the option to restore these options every boot. Level brightness down to the minimum.

Now, let it charge to 100%, disconnecting the charger, after. See if it drops. If it still dropping, it's battery wear. Of course, the time it lasts depends on how much time you spent with screen on and what tasks are you performing, i.e.: if you're playing Fruit Ninja right after disconnecting the charger, with medium brightness, it's not imposible to drain 7% right at the first three to five minutes.

Well, may you post a screenshot of battery usage graph?

Well i put it last night and it charged 100% and battery drops normaly. I thing that this is happening only when i charge it closed...
21st August 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #4  
prppedro's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag São Paulo (Capital)
Thanks Meter: 6
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Phone
Charging it closed? Locked?

Well, it's strange because sleep should save battery.

Anyway, looks like your battery has some damage. It's a good idea to take someone's battery to test it out, or bringing it to some place where they replace batteries (I know, it's a horrible english formulation, but back here, in our yellow and green country it does make sense, since there's a lot of Asians and Paraguyans selling all that stuff right in the downtown streets, but you'll have to check out for a place that can test it for you).

You may well take it to Sony, but they'll charge you for everything that they replace. Still, it's the best place to ask for a test. Not so much, here in my city, because store workers are, in general, a bunch of semi-cultured people who knows nothing about handset techinal aspects, just waiting for the time to take the bus and go home. Well, just sayin'... Good luck!
21st August 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Ok.battery seems to work fine.phone charges to 100% and it holds 5h and 45min of gaming with low brightness.i charged it full,removed charger and i go to sleep.when i woke up (after 6h50min) phone was still 100%.i guess that the phone wasnt charging full cause of the way calibration i did by removing battery.bin....
The Following User Says Thank You to AggelosGR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #6  
prppedro's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag São Paulo (Capital)
Thanks Meter: 6
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Battery Full
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosGR

Ok.battery seems to work fine.phone charges to 100% and it holds 5h and 45min of gaming with low brightness.i charged it full,removed charger and i go to sleep.when i woke up (after 6h50min) phone was still 100%.i guess that the phone wasnt charging full cause of the way calibration i did by removing battery.bin....

It happens. This morning I used my phone for 40 minutes after disconnecting it from the charger. Minimum brightness, CPU throttled to powersave/540 Mhz max. settings and it still managed to get down to 94%. It turned out that the GPS were turned on, for some unknown reason. I turned it off and back on, and it went working correctly (i.e. working only when wheater update required it). Indeed, the screen itself does suck a great amount of power, and the screen kept on for nearly 90% of this 40 minutes. So I got to correct myself, also and apologize for my over-sugestion.

Cheers!
P. Pinheiro
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia M Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank