Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]battery not fully charging

Tip us?

AggelosGR
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q]battery not fully charging

Hello.got xperia m before 4-5 days.its with cm11 and i got an issue with battery.when i charge my phone close i can see that it is 100% charged.but when i open it it drops to 95% fast. Same thing happens if i charge it open. When i replug the charger it goes to 99% normaly but after it takes much time to go 100%. Is this normal?i also try calibrating battery removing battery.bin and also tried removing battery for 10min.no luck at anything

prppedro
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosGR View Post
Hello.got xperia m before 4-5 days.its with cm11 and i got an issue with battery.when i charge my phone close i can see that it is 100% charged.but when i open it it drops to 95% fast. Same thing happens if i charge it open. When i replug the charger it goes to 99% normaly but after it takes much time to go 100%. Is this normal?i also try calibrating battery removing battery.bin and also tried removing battery for 10min.no luck at anything
It looks like it has some wear. Because you're probably out of warranty by flashing another ROM, may be it's a good idea go searching for another battery. If I'm not mistaken, there are some 1900 mAh batteries arround compatible with Xperia M (the default one being 1750 mAh).

But you can try to turn airplane mode on, then go to Settings > Performance > CPU and setting maximum CPU speed to 486000, as well as the CPU governor to powersave, then checking the option to restore these options every boot. Level brightness down to the minimum.

Now, let it charge to 100%, disconnecting the charger, after. See if it drops. If it still dropping, it's battery wear. Of course, the time it lasts depends on how much time you spent with screen on and what tasks are you performing, i.e.: if you're playing Fruit Ninja right after disconnecting the charger, with medium brightness, it's not imposible to drain 7% right at the first three to five minutes.

Well, may you post a screenshot of battery usage graph?

AggelosGR
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by prppedro View Post
It looks like it has some wear. Because you're probably out of warranty by flashing another ROM, may be it's a good idea go searching for another battery. If I'm not mistaken, there are some 1900 mAh batteries arround compatible with Xperia M (the default one being 1750 mAh).

But you can try to turn airplane mode on, then go to Settings > Performance > CPU and setting maximum CPU speed to 486000, as well as the CPU governor to powersave, then checking the option to restore these options every boot. Level brightness down to the minimum.

Now, let it charge to 100%, disconnecting the charger, after. See if it drops. If it still dropping, it's battery wear. Of course, the time it lasts depends on how much time you spent with screen on and what tasks are you performing, i.e.: if you're playing Fruit Ninja right after disconnecting the charger, with medium brightness, it's not imposible to drain 7% right at the first three to five minutes.

Well, may you post a screenshot of battery usage graph?
Well i put it last night and it charged 100% and battery drops normaly. I thing that this is happening only when i charge it closed...

prppedro
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Charging it closed? Locked?

Well, it's strange because sleep should save battery.

Anyway, looks like your battery has some damage. It's a good idea to take someone's battery to test it out, or bringing it to some place where they replace batteries (I know, it's a horrible english formulation, but back here, in our yellow and green country it does make sense, since there's a lot of Asians and Paraguyans selling all that stuff right in the downtown streets, but you'll have to check out for a place that can test it for you).

You may well take it to Sony, but they'll charge you for everything that they replace. Still, it's the best place to ask for a test. Not so much, here in my city, because store workers are, in general, a bunch of semi-cultured people who knows nothing about handset techinal aspects, just waiting for the time to take the bus and go home. Well, just sayin'... Good luck!

AggelosGR
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Ok.battery seems to work fine.phone charges to 100% and it holds 5h and 45min of gaming with low brightness.i charged it full,removed charger and i go to sleep.when i woke up (after 6h50min) phone was still 100%.i guess that the phone wasnt charging full cause of the way calibration i did by removing battery.bin....
The Following User Says Thank You to AggelosGR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prppedro
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosGR View Post
Ok.battery seems to work fine.phone charges to 100% and it holds 5h and 45min of gaming with low brightness.i charged it full,removed charger and i go to sleep.when i woke up (after 6h50min) phone was still 100%.i guess that the phone wasnt charging full cause of the way calibration i did by removing battery.bin....
It happens. This morning I used my phone for 40 minutes after disconnecting it from the charger. Minimum brightness, CPU throttled to powersave/540 Mhz max. settings and it still managed to get down to 94%. It turned out that the GPS were turned on, for some unknown reason. I turned it off and back on, and it went working correctly (i.e. working only when wheater update required it). Indeed, the screen itself does suck a great amount of power, and the screen kept on for nearly 90% of this 40 minutes. So I got to correct myself, also and apologize for my over-sugestion.

Cheers!
P. Pinheiro