Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more
Post Reply

[Q] Bootloop!

OP NickTheBrick

30th August 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
I recently got around to trying to get CM11 on my Xperia M. After following Sony's official instructions on their World developer siteon unlocking the bootloader, my phone induced a bootloop. I also suspect that fastboot isn't working, as volume down + usb plug in doesn't activate the characteristic blue LED on the phone's base... I'm really stumped. Any help would be much appreciated. Another question, since I have no idea whether the whole process worked or not, will I be able to send it in to service, in case the situation's rough?
Last edited by NickTheBrick; 31st August 2014 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Added another question.
31st August 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #2  
AndyPhoenix9879's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheBrick

I recently got around to trying to get CM11 on my Xperia M. After following Sony's official instructions on their World developer siteon unlocking the bootloader, my phone induced a bootloop. I also suspect that fastboot isn't working, as volume down + usb plug in doesn't activate the characteristic blue LED on the phone's base... I'm really stumped. Any help would be much appreciated. Another question, since I have no idea whether the whole process worked or not, will I be able to send it in to service, in case the situation's rough?

So you were trying to use flashtool to revert your phone back to Stock... I guess the phone is now hardbricked :C Cause most of the time when people unlock their bootloader and did something wrong, the chance of reverting it back is incredibly low... I guess you should bring it back to where you bought it :C and not to mention entering fastboot is not working :C
31st August 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
I see, thanks anyway for your input mate!
31st August 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #4  
AndyPhoenix9879's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheBrick

I see, thanks anyway for your input mate!

31st August 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheBrick

I recently got around to trying to get CM11 on my Xperia M. After following Sony's official instructions on their World developer siteon unlocking the bootloader, my phone induced a bootloop. I also suspect that fastboot isn't working, as volume down + usb plug in doesn't activate the characteristic blue LED on the phone's base... I'm really stumped. Any help would be much appreciated. Another question, since I have no idea whether the whole process worked or not, will I be able to send it in to service, in case the situation's rough?

I knw is that having bootloop after following the instruction sony introduced is just normal. You can fix it by flasing the 4.3 ftf.


Volume down + power is not fastboot mode it is download mode. You can only see green led flash once.
31st August 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #6  
fahrulridwan03's Avatar
Member
Flag semarang
Thanks Meter: 14
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheBrick

I recently got around to trying to get CM11 on my Xperia M. After following Sony's official instructions on their World developer siteon unlocking the bootloader, my phone induced a bootloop. I also suspect that fastboot isn't working, as volume down + usb plug in doesn't activate the characteristic blue LED on the phone's base... I'm really stumped. Any help would be much appreciated. Another question, since I have no idea whether the whole process worked or not, will I be able to send it in to service, in case the situation's rough?

Fastboot mode is volume up (+) and power.. Then plug usb make sure adb driver installed in your computer...

Sent from my C1905 using xda premium
1st September 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #7  
AndyPhoenix9879's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrulridwan03

Fastboot mode is volume up (+) and power.. Then plug usb make sure adb driver installed in your computer...

Sent from my C1905 using xda premium

He mentioned that fastboot isn't working.. Read the post again.
1st September 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #8  
Kevin-0100's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 62
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPhoenix9879

He mentioned that fastboot isn't working.. Read the post again.

actually he said that fastboot doesnt start when connecting usb + volume down. That combination does not start fastboot, it starts flashmode. Fastboot is activated while connecting usb + volume up.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia M Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank