Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,667 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New Firmware for Xperia M 1905 without solving storrage problem?

Tip us?

heelium
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] New Firmware for Xperia M 1905 without solving storrage problem?

Hello Everybody.

The new firmware (Android 4.3 - firmware 15.4.A.1.9) is still not able to move apps and other data to externel SDcard, isnīt it?

So I have to change the whole system on the Xperia M into antotherone which provides this function?
Which one would this be?

Thank you very much.
Markus

Android Bob
Old
(Last edited by Android Bob; 23rd June 2014 at 12:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by heelium View Post
Hello Everybody.

The new firmware (Android 4.3 - firmware 15.4.A.1.9) is still not able to move apps and other data to externel SDcard, isnīt it?

So I have to change the whole system on the Xperia M into antotherone which provides this function?
Which one would this be?

Thank you very much.
Markus
A bold and noble question, deserving of being in the Q&A forum and not the General forum.

Start out with Link2SD Plus as you've not define any gaming requirements in your question.
I have 73 Google Play apps installed and 1.75GB free on internal storage.
The paid 'plus' version of Link2SD allows app data to be moved to an external partition on the SDcard. Also if using an external partition don't skimp on using a quality SDcard with at least 40MBytes read access.

Link2SD won't help installing the likes of games like Modern Combat 4 and etc in which case you need another solution.

Update - Oh, the above assumes you have root access on your phone. [emoji6]

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

heelium
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Bob View Post
A bold and noble question, deserving of being in the Q&A forum and not the General forum.

Start out with Link2SD Plus as you've not define any gaming requirements in your question.
I have 73 Google Play apps installed and 1.75GB free on internal storage.
The paid 'plus' version of Link2SD allows app data to be moved to an external partition on the SDcard. Also if using an external partition don't skimp on using a quality SDcard with at least 40MBytes read access.

Link2SD won't help installing the likes of games like Modern Combat 4 and etc in which case you need another solution.

My girlfriend bought this handy with an 32gb external SDcard.

With her old handy Sony-Ericsson Live (Android 2.3) she was able to move apps etc. on the external SDcard and never had problems with space.

She would like to have this function on her Xperia M.

Link2SD, Foldermount etc. are not working proberly or beeing to complicated for her.

I thought with this new update the Xperia will have this function because a lot of users complaint about this problem.

Sorry about asking this question in the wrong area.

Android Bob
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
My girlfriend bought this handy with an 32gb external SDcard.

With her old handy Sony-Ericsson Live (Android 2.3) she was able to move apps etc. on the external SDcard and never had problems with space.

She would like to have this function on her Xperia M.

Link2SD, Foldermount etc. are not working proberly or beeing to complicated for her.

I thought with this new update the Xperia will have this function because a lot of users complaint about this problem.

Sorry about asking this question in the wrong area.
Ah, German. [emoji3] re: handy

They stopped providing default move data/app to SDcard circa Android 4.1

You'd need to buy a phone with at least 4gb+ of internal flash such as Xperia L if you want a turn key solution.

There are many how-to tutorials on installing and setting up Link2SD and once setup, it looks after itself. It'll automatically move data to SDcard if app allows it or can be manually linked.

No solutions by default to move data to SDcard on the Xperia M.
You'll need root access and a system mod/application to do that.

In settings ->storage there is an option to move pics , music and videos to SDcard, but it's just a cleanup to recover space.

Camera also has option to store photos on SDcard

heelium
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Bob View Post
Ah, German. [emoji3] re: handy

They stopped providing default move data/app to SDcard circa Android 4.1

You'd need to buy a phone with at least 4gb+ of internal flash such as Xperia L if you want a turn key solution.

There are many how-to tutorials on installing and setting up Link2SD and once setup, it looks after itself. It'll automatically move data to SDcard if app allows it or can be manually linked.

No solutions by default to move data to SDcard on the Xperia M.
You'll need root access and a system mod/application to do that.

In settings ->storage there is an option to move pics , music and videos to SDcard, but it's just a cleanup to recover space.

Camera also has option to store photos on SDcard

Hey.

Yes German. Iīm sorry. Mobile phone .

The option on the camera to store the pics on SD is set and the option to move pics vids ore music on SD shows 0 files.

Ok, no default solution for Xperia M. But other mobile phones/androids are supporting this function further on?

Now I have to check up the possibilities to get this function. Link2SD, App2SD or Swapping the SDcard with internal space?

I donīt know which would be the best way...

Android Bob
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Sony does have the option to use the external SD as primary storage in Android 4.3, they just chose not to at this time. KK 4.4 has another approach to storage location again.
I have no idea if there'll be further fw updates for the Xperia M.
I would suggest root access for the handy first and then Link2SD unless your requirements dictate other requirements.

If using the SD card as external storage and the card is not a class10 or better, I'd consider a new 32GB card (e.g. 32GB SanDisk Extreme 45MB read)

inunxelex
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Default no problem with my storage

i don't have problem with my storages, no need mounter apps (ex: link2sd, gl2sd, app2sd, foldermount), just using this
new and improved is not always better

if you like my works, please donate to me :
- paypal : inunxelex@yahoo.com
- payza : inunxlabs@gmail.com

heelium
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Swapping SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by inunxelex View Post
i don't have problem with my storages, no need mounter apps (ex: link2sd, gl2sd, app2sd, foldermount), just using this
Hello and thanks a lot for your advice.

The Swapping Tool sounds interessting.

How get i started?

Downloading the .zip, extract it...?

adb and drivers means, the Sony Companion is running and detecting the mobile phone?

To root the handy i use Framaroot, is that ok?

What I have to do else bevor running the install.bat?

Thank you very much for your support.
Markus

inunxelex
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Hello and thanks a lot for your advice.

The Swapping Tool sounds interessting.

How get i started?

Downloading the .zip, extract it...?

adb and drivers means, the Sony Companion is running and detecting the mobile phone?

To root the handy i use Framaroot, is that ok?

What I have to do else bevor running the install.bat?

Thank you very much for your support.
Markus
search button is your friend
new and improved is not always better

if you like my works, please donate to me :
- paypal : inunxelex@yahoo.com
- payza : inunxlabs@gmail.com