Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 43,835 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] C1905 stuck on bootloop, USB debugging off

Tip us?
 
bananabee
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Los Baņos, Laguna
Unhappy [Q] [HELP] C1905 stuck on bootloop, USB debugging off

I modified the build.prop file in the /system because I tried to enable a feature from Xperia Z1 I found somewhere in this forum. (I was a fool, yes.) When I rebooted my phone, it got stuck in a bootloop and I can no longer access recovery mode. I tried to flash stock ROM but unfortunately, USB debugging is off. What should I do? I know a Nexus user who was able to flash his phone with USB debugging off but his procedures are specific for Nexus only. Help me, please

Details:
C1905 15.4.A.1.9
Rooted using Nicki root
Unlocked bootloader
 
gamer649
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 294
Posts: 697
Join Date: Feb 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabee View Post
I modified the build.prop file in the /system because I tried to enable a feature from Xperia Z1 I found somewhere in this forum. (I was a fool, yes.) When I rebooted my phone, it got stuck in a bootloop and I can no longer access recovery mode. I tried to flash stock ROM but unfortunately, USB debugging is off. What should I do? I know a Nexus user who was able to flash his phone with USB debugging off but his procedures are specific for Nexus only. Help me, please

Details:
C1905 15.4.A.1.9
Rooted using Nicki root
Unlocked bootloader
I've never had a problem flashing ftfs with UDB debugging off, just make sure you have all of the drivers installed and then select the ftf to flash in flashmode. Once it asks you to connect the phone you will have to take the battery out, put it back in and put the cover back on to connect the USB cable and the flashmode button. When it goes into flashmode the LED will go green and then go off, this is normal. Flashtool will then restore your device to stock.
My Devices:
My Phone: Sony Xperia M C1905 | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/Build Number: 15.4.A.0.23 | Android Version: 4.3 | Kernel: Stock (Permanently Locked Bootloader) | Network: GiffGaff
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: 11-20140527-NIGHTLY-grouper | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A
 
bananabee
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Los Baņos, Laguna
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer649 View Post
I've never had a problem flashing ftfs with UDB debugging off, just make sure you have all of the drivers installed and then select the ftf to flash in flashmode. Once it asks you to connect the phone you will have to take the battery out, put it back in and put the cover back on to connect the USB cable and the flashmode button. When it goes into flashmode the LED will go green and then go off, this is normal. Flashtool will then restore your device to stock.
I get a line containing this:
ERROR - Processing of loader.sin finished with errors.
 
gamer649
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 294
Posts: 697
Join Date: Feb 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabee View Post
I get a line containing this:
ERROR - Processing of loader.sin finished with errors.
1) Make a backup of the firmware you already have.
2) Open your original firmware file with WinRar or something like that.
3) Delete the loader.sin file out of the firmware.
4) Proceed to flash your firmware again, this time unticking the wipe cache and data boxes and excluding everything but the system.
My Devices:
My Phone: Sony Xperia M C1905 | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/Build Number: 15.4.A.0.23 | Android Version: 4.3 | Kernel: Stock (Permanently Locked Bootloader) | Network: GiffGaff
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: 11-20140527-NIGHTLY-grouper | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A
 
syedafzal.shah
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 206
Join Date: Dec 2013
Download latest backup from Bonoboo thread.. it has full root and CWM, just restore it via CWM
XPERIA M(SS)

Currently Running Stock 4.3(15.4.A.1.9) With Unlocked Bootloader and Root DEODEXED
 
gamer649
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 294
Posts: 697
Join Date: Feb 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by syedafzal.shah View Post
Download latest backup from Bonoboo thread.. it has full root and CWM, just restore it via CWM
They can no longer access recovery mode, it says that in the OP. The only option is flashtool.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My Devices:
My Phone: Sony Xperia M C1905 | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/Build Number: 15.4.A.0.23 | Android Version: 4.3 | Kernel: Stock (Permanently Locked Bootloader) | Network: GiffGaff
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: 11-20140527-NIGHTLY-grouper | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A
 
syedafzal.shah
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 206
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer649 View Post
They can no longer access recovery mode, it says that in the OP. The only option is flashtool.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
you can use fastboot drivers to flash CWM.. First download the backup and move it your SD card (use card reader) and insert it back in your phone .Download fastboot drivers and extract it on your computer.
)

Download CWM file and extract it. Now copy the .img file from the folder and copy to the fast boot folder.
Now switch off your phone and connect to the PC in fastboot mode. Press and hold volume up key and connect the phone in the USB cable. [Make sure that you have installed necessary drivers. Else it wont work. ]
open a command window there by holding shift key and right clicking on the white space in fastboot folder (replace boot_image_name.img with the name of .img file in the cwm folder)
Example:::"fastboot flash boot boot_image_name.img"
Wait till it finishes the shell. Done... Now power on your device and when LED turns **** click volume up and down few times, CWM will be opened then restore backup of bonoboo which you moved to your SD card
XPERIA M(SS)

Currently Running Stock 4.3(15.4.A.1.9) With Unlocked Bootloader and Root DEODEXED

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more